Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Denver loss validates Tebow's ability to just Win

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    2011 Postseason NFL Leaders

RK PLAYER PASS EPA RUN EPA SACK EPA PEN EPA TOTAL EPA ACT PLAYS QB PAR QB PAA TOTAL QBR

1 Matthew Stafford, DET 10.4 1.0 0.0 -0.4 11.0 47 12.1 8.2 90.9
    2 Tim Tebow, DEN 8.6 2.6 -2.0 1.0 10.2 71 15.6 9.7 86.2
    3 Drew Brees, NO 23.9 0.6 -5.6 2.6 21.4 121 21.5 11.5 77.9
    4 Tom Brady, NE 24.4 0.8 -1.4 -2.7 21.2 125 22.2 11.8 77.7
    5 Aaron Rodgers, GB 6.2 5.5 -4.0 0.2 7.9 61 8.6 3.5 68.4
    6 Eli Manning, NYG 42.6 1.6 -12.3 -3.7 28.2 188 24.2 8.6 64.7
    7 Alex Smith, SF 13.5 5.8 -8.5 0.6 11.4 87 9.6 2.4 59.1
    8 Ben Roethlisberger, PIT 5.1 0.5 -2.3 0.3 3.5 54 4.1 -0.4 47.8
    9 Joe Flacco, BAL 9.4 0.5 -8.1 -0.6 1.3 79 2.5 -4.1 33.6
    10 Matt Ryan, ATL 4.4 -3.0 -0.8 -0.1 0.5 48 1.4 -2.6 32.8

To not have given him a shot really was absurd unless you were beholden to Sanchez because you drafted Sanchez and had his tattoo. Anyhow, whatever I suppose most Jets fans would rather lose than try a guy out.
    Again, post the Divisional round stats. I fully recognize that Tim had a nice game against Pitt, but a single game doesn't mean much when he was completely mediocre the rest of the season.

I'm sorry, but he's just not a good QB. Just because he's a nice guy and had one nice game along with a plethora or bad ones doesn't mean he deserves a shot. He had a shot in Denver and was awful. Deal with it and move on.

If it makes you feel better, I thought we'd at least give him the last game and was surprised when Mark was named the starter after McElroy got bumped with migraines. In any event, Tim is not an answer and will only serve to be a backup, if anything, the rest of his career.
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-14-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    LOL, way to completely back down.

If anything, I'd see if he can play FB or make him a short-yardage back. He'd probably do well at FB given his size and physicality, and he's virtually impossible to stop on Down & Inches/Short. Could be an asset there, but he's not an NFL QB.
    He didn't back down at all. Rather, he realized that it's kind of pointless to argue with a fool, as the only place to go is down at that point.

As the one set of stats showed, that "awful" "not a real QB" has the 2nd best playoff game performance in NFL history.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    From ESPN:
    All-Time Best Games in the Playoffs in NFL History:

RK PLAYER RESULT PASS EPA RUN EPA SACK EPA PEN EPA TOTAL EPA ACT PLAYS QB PAR QB PAA TOTAL QBR

1 Aaron Rodgers, GB W 48-21 @ ATL on 1/15/11 13.8 0.7 -0.7 1.1 15.0 45 16.7 12.9 97.8
    2 Tim Tebow, DEN W 29-23 vs PIT on 1/8/12 8.6 2.1 0.0 0.9 11.6 35 12.6 9.7 97.5
    3 Kurt Warner, ARI W 51-45 vs GB on 1/10/10 14.3 0.0 -0.8 -0.3 13.1 38 13.6 10.4 97.4
    4 Kurt Warner, ARI W 32-25 vs PHI on 1/18/09 9.3 0.0 -0.8 0.3 8.8 33 10.3 7.5 95.4
    5 Tom Brady, NE W 45-10 vs DEN on 1/14/12 6.2 -0.3 0.0 0.0 6.0 38 11.5 8.3 94.7
    6 Colin Kaepernick, SF W 45-31 vs GB on 1/12/13 1.4 17.4 -0.8 -0.7 17.2 51 15.3 11.1 94.7
    7 Jay Cutler, CHI W 35-24 vs SEA on 1/16/11 3.4 2.7 -1.3 -0.0 4.9 37 11.1 8.0 94.4
    8 Drew Brees, NO W 45-14 vs ARI on 1/16/10 5.8 0.0 0.0 0.2 6.0 35 10.0 7.1 93.6
    9 Matthew Stafford, DET L 45-28 @ NO on 1/7/12 10.4 1.0 0.0 -0.4 11.0 47 12.1 8.2 90.9
    10 Drew Brees, NO W 45-28 vs DET on 1/7/12 15.0 0.5 -2.8 0.8 13.6 51 12.6 8.4 89.7

I know that facts don't matter to Tebow haters as their minds are made up...but really...if you were the Jets coach last season wouldn't you at least tried Tebow out just to see what he's got?
    Haha that's like saying Phil Humber should be the starting ace for the Yankees because he threw a perfect game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope we have a great season next year and I also believe that Tebow will be picked up by a team. Heck, he may still be on the Jets and succeed. That would piss a lot of you off.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    He didn't back down at all. Rather, he realized that it's kind of pointless to argue with a fool, as the only place to go is down at that point.

As the one set of stats showed, that "awful" "not a real QB" has the 2nd best playoff game performance in NFL history.
    So by that logic, Mark Sanchez has the 6th best CAREER playoff QB rating - so I guess that shows the Jets made the right decision to stick with Sanchez over Tebow then?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope we have a great season next year and I also believe that Tebow will be picked up by a team. Heck, he may still be on the Jets and succeed. That would piss a lot of you off.
    Tebow will not be a Jet next year. In all likelyhood he wont be in the NFL, unless he decides he is willing to play a different position.

Teblow fans need to accept that there is very little interest in him by any teams.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, post the Divisional round stats. I fully recognize that Tim had a nice game against Pitt, but a single game doesn't mean much when he was completely mediocre the rest of the season.

I'm sorry, but he's just not a good QB. Just because he's a nice guy and had one nice game along with a plethora or bad ones doesn't mean he deserves a shot. He had a shot in Denver and was awful. Deal with it and move on.

If it makes you feel better, I thought we'd at least give him the last game and was surprised when Mark was named the starter after McElroy got bumped with migraines. In any event, Tim is not an answer and will only serve to be a backup, if anything, the rest of his career.
    You may be correct about the backup QB role but heck if I'm coach I would have given the backup some reps on a lost season. Just did not make sense unless Rex just absolutely feared him doing well.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Tebow will not be a Jet next year. In all likelyhood he wont be in the NFL, unless he decides he is willing to play a different position.

Teblow fans need to accept that there is very little interest in him by any teams.
    He's still young. Only finished his 3rd year. I would not bet against him. I really don't know what other teams think.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't know what other teams think.
    They think he's not an NFL QB - the Jets and Jags were the only teams interested when Elway put him on the trading block. Now the Jets aren't interested and neither are the Jags. Why is that not enough for you people?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may be correct about the backup QB role but heck if I'm coach I would have given the backup some reps on a lost season. Just did not make sense unless Rex just absolutely feared him doing well.
    Rex feared nothing, lol. Why would he fear Tebow doing well? Because some fans would get cranky and call him chubby at games? This is a business and Rex is making bank by doing things that the fans have been pissed at for ages. Trust me, I somehow doubt that Rex would leave Tim on the bench if he thought he would be better.

That said, we could have at least given him a start to end the season. I didn't really get that, but whatever.

He's still young. Only finished his 3rd year. I would not bet against him. I really don't know what other teams think.
    Considering no one but us and Jacksonville wanted him a year ago, and now not even Jacksonville wants him now, I'd say we know pretty well what other teams think.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    LOL

Who cares?

Everyone assumed Jacksonville would embrace Timmy with open arms and what happened? Caldwell totally dimissed the idea of bringing in Tebow after being on the job for about 10 minutes.

Who is going to sign this guy once we show him the door?

He can't throw a football and it's not like he's a dynamic runner like RG3, Wilson, or Kaepernik.

Face the facts, the kid doesn't have a future in this league unless he comes to grips with the fact that he isn't an NFL QB.

If he decides to switch positions, maybe he'll stick around.

Otherwise, good luck in the CFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't you draw a hint of a conclusion based on the fact that

a) Broncos dumped him

2) Jets fell all over themselves and negotiated with themselves to get him while no one else was interested, and

Lastly) Jaguars new GM said - NOT INTERESTED no matter what?

Perhaps you should draw that head out of the sand.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Can't you draw a hint of a conclusion based on the fact that

a) Broncos dumped him

2) Jets fell all over themselves and negotiated with themselves to get him while no one else was interested, and

Lastly) Jaguars new GM said - NOT INTERESTED no matter what?

Perhaps you should draw that head out of the sand.
    I like how you did the "A, 2, Lastly" thing. Reminds me of Home Alone, haha.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like how you did the "A, 2, Lastly" thing. Reminds me of Home Alone, haha.
    Is there a GIF for that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Is there a GIF for that?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll see. Time will tell. Using reason with some folks is like peeing in a fan.

But just for laughs a joke:

LITTLE GIRL ON A PLANE

An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to
    talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to
    talk about?"

" Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after
    death?" as he smiled smugly.

"OK," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a
    deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a
    horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?
    The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have
    no idea."

To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss why there is no God, or no Heaven
    or Hell, or no life after death, when you don't know shyt?"

And then she went back to reading her book.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being biased and saying we should give Tim absolutely everything no matter what DESPITE him showing he's not a good QB isn't using reason.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being biased and saying we should give Tim absolutely everything no matter what DESPITE him showing he's not a good QB isn't using reason.
    Being deceptive is not reason. Whoever said we should give Tim absolutely everything? Never read that from anyone. You just made it up. Some folks have only said we should have given him a shot. That is all I have ever said. Made sense to me but now is moot.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly

Plays like sh*t in practice? Check

Plays like sh*t when given a chance to see the field? Check

But Tebow deserves special treatment?

Why? Because he's Tim Tebow?

LOL

Get the f*ck outta here

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    So by that logic, Mark Sanchez has the 6th best CAREER playoff QB rating - so I guess that shows the Jets made the right decision to stick with Sanchez over Tebow then?
    What it shows is that it was right to stick with Mark for some amount of time, you know, to see IF HE DEVELOPED. He didn't. Therefore, time for him to go.