Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Denver loss validates Tebow's ability to just Win

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Saw that you made a post and came here hoping that it was somehow related to this video. Was not dissapointed .

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Saw that you made a post and came here hoping that it was somehow related to this video. Was not dissapointed .
    That's what I do, dawg.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Sweetheart, I'll put my football knowledge up against your's any day of the week, so, you might want to be careful with throwing around the "clueless" tag.

That said, I don't recall seeing anyone argue simply that Tebow should have been used more.
    So you agree with me - Tebow did his best work sitting on the bench. HA HA HA AH HA !!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Why, Why, Why, Why are any of you trying to debate with these Tebowites????

They are not based in reality, they are delusional over a mythical figure. The depths that they go to trying to defend him is sad. Ignore them, as soon they will be gone and off to their next message board.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Why, Why, Why, Why are any of you trying to debate with these Tebowites????

They are not based in reality, they are delusional over a mythical figure. The depths that they go to trying to defend him is sad. Ignore them, as soon they will be gone and off to their next message board.
    Do CFL teams even have message boards?

My issue doesn't with the player or anything like that whatsoever. You and I have discussed this before back when the trade first went down and my feelings remain the same. If Mark Sanchez faltered and Tebow had shown the coaches that he has improved enough as a passer to run the offense effectively, then he should be in there. My guess as to what happened is simple. Tebow didn't show drastic improvement. He struggled in practice and Rex wasn't willing to risk his job in the hopes Tebow could pull off another miracle. I really feel that this was the case and there is no giant friggin conspiracy against Tim that all the Tebow fans believe exists. I also believe that if Greg McElroy didn't hide his concussion in week 17 we would have actually gotten to see Tim start.I try to look at this situation as objectively as possible.

Im no longer 100% sold on Rex. However, I still like him enough to give him one more year to show us that he is still the coach who brought us to 2 championship games. I think firing him now would have been a mistake. I also feel that he handled this situation the best he could with the exception of one big thing. The benching of Sanchez. I think it should have been done right after "butt-fumble". That was it for him. He mentally checked out after that game IMO and the proper thing to do was bench him for McElroy not Tebow and I'll explain why.

Greg was developmental and you needed to see something strong from him to keep him in the role of starter. Especially if you're Tanny and Greg being the next Tom Brady could save your ass. You could place Mark as the third QB and continue to use Tebow in the wildcat. Should he struggle too? Then I think you let Tebow loose and see what he could do. This allows you enough time to evaluate all three guys and decide what you want to do with them going forward.

You're a Jets fan first man and I know you like Tebow, but the one thing that drove me nuts in the post I was addressing was that now we've got the Tebow nuts telling other long-time posters to get off this board. WTF? This is a message board for JETS fans, something BadAxe is not. Guys like him follow Tim wherever he goes and start crap with posters thread after thread just because they just don't see Tebow as a long-term starter. He'll be gone the day after Tim is cut and he's telling others who have been here a while discussing their favorite TEAM , not player, to "get the f*ck out"? Its getting tiresome to deal with.

OK, so you said that if McElroy struggled, then they should have let Tebow loose to see what he can do. Guess what ? They had that chance when McElroy hid his concussion. But instead, they went back to Sanchez.

It makes no sense what so ever. If you go with the argument that Tebow did poorly in practice, well, he had that reputation last year as well and they already knew about it. He still came in and went 7-4 which was a hell of a lot better than what Sanchez did this year.

So why go back to Sanchez, who, as you stated, had already mentally checked out ? That's one of the things that leads people to believe that there was some other reason for not putting Tebow in there, such as being afraid that he might actually show something.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So you agree with me - Tebow did his best work sitting on the bench. HA HA HA AH HA !!!!!
    Given the ****ty WC play design and play calling of Sparano ? Even then, no. Tebow's best work for the Jets was with Westhoff, a creative coach who figured out how to use him. Things didn't always work, but that's life.

Seventeen pages for this thread and counting. Geez, I cannot wait until this guy moves on to the CFL or wherever.

All Pro
    My issue doesn't with the player or anything like that whatsoever. You and I have discussed this before back when the trade first went down and my feelings remain the same. If Mark Sanchez faltered and Tebow had shown the coaches that he has improved enough as a passer to run the offense effectively, then he should be in there. My guess as to what happened is simple. Tebow didn't show drastic improvement. He struggled in practice and Rex wasn't willing to risk his job in the hopes Tebow could pull off another miracle. I really feel that this was the case and there is no giant friggin conspiracy against Tim that all the Tebow fans believe exists. I also believe that if Greg McElroy didn't hide his concussion in week 17 we would have actually gotten to see Tim start.I try to look at this situation as objectively as possible.

Im no longer 100% sold on Rex. However, I still like him enough to give him one more year to show us that he is still the coach who brought us to 2 championship games. I think firing him now would have been a mistake. I also feel that he handled this situation the best he could with the exception of one big thing. The benching of Sanchez. I think it should have been done right after "butt-fumble". That was it for him. He mentally checked out after that game IMO and the proper thing to do was bench him for McElroy not Tebow and I'll explain why.

Greg was developmental and you needed to see something strong from him to keep him in the role of starter. Especially if you're Tanny and Greg being the next Tom Brady could save your ass. You could place Mark as the third QB and continue to use Tebow in the wildcat. Should he struggle too? Then I think you let Tebow loose and see what he could do. This allows you enough time to evaluate all three guys and decide what you want to do with them going forward.

You're a Jets fan first man and I know you like Tebow, but the one thing that drove me nuts in the post I was addressing was that now we've got the Tebow nuts telling other long-time posters to get off this board. WTF? This is a message board for JETS fans, something BadAxe is not. Guys like him follow Tim wherever he goes and start crap with posters thread after thread just because they just don't see Tebow as a long-term starter. He'll be gone the day after Tim is cut and he's telling others who have been here a while discussing their favorite TEAM , not player, to "get the f*ck out"? Its getting tiresome to deal with.

if a person is just following a player I would agree........but being the player was on the jets I have to also try and defend what I believe........if tim does go to another team I wish him well unless he plays the jets with that being said I still think it was a case of rex being to hard-headed and not wanting to tim to show something because then he would have to admit he was wrong about suckchez all along. It would also mean he would have to look at all his decisions he made and re-evaluate them and rex is so full of himself he can't be wrong. Those are not guys you want running a football team guys that can't see faults in them-self will ultimately implode it is not a question of will he it is when and I think we are seeing the beginning these last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    Seventeen pages for this thread and counting. Geez, I cannot wait until this guy moves on to the CFL or wherever.
    Not good enough for CFL, but...
    He's halfway to the wherever part!

Veteran
    33 pages on this thread is crazy considering the title alone..:o

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Well said.

Cut the scrub and save $1.5 mil against the cap already.
    C,mon bud. Whack Tebow & sign Vince Young to a FA contract...that's your recommendation right? If you are one who thinks Tebow can't pass & therefore is not an NFL QB, how could you endorse the acquisition of VY?

How does that move improve the team?

Undrafted Free Agent
    I can't wait until Tebow is finally cut and we are rid of his fanboys. We have enough problems on this team as it is..

Ironic post & signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    OK, so you said that if McElroy struggled, then they should have let Tebow loose to see what he can do. Guess what ? They had that chance when McElroy hid his concussion. But instead, they went back to Sanchez.

It makes no sense what so ever. If you go with the argument that Tebow did poorly in practice, well, he had that reputation last year as well and they already knew about it. He still came in and went 7-4 which was a hell of a lot better than what Sanchez did this year.

So why go back to Sanchez, who, as you stated, had already mentally checked out ? That's one of the things that leads people to believe that there was some other reason for not putting Tebow in there, such as being afraid that he might actually show something.
    The reason we were given had more to due with circumstances other than the 2 players abilities. By the time McElroy told Rex about the concussion the gameplan was already designed around a pocket passer. Tebow needs the read option to be implemented in order to maximize his ability. I honestly think if Greg told the coaches about his symptoms on say.....Monday? If that happened than I truly feel that Rex would have given Tebow his shot and would have been named the starter and we would have seen them with a gamplan centered around him.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 01-16-2013 at 03:48 AM.

The only thing Tebow can DEFINITIVELY do, is ensure ridiculously long threads about the same rehashed topic over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    The only thing Tebow can DEFINITIVELY do, is ensure ridiculously long threads about the same rehashed topic over and over again.
    +10000 and infinity.

HIRE A GM SO HE CAN CUT HIM AND END THIS INSANITY, WOODY!!!

Practice Squad

Can't Wait

Yesterday Tim Tebow worked out with his personal trainer at a local college for over 2 hours near Glendale Arizona.

Rumors flying that a trade is in the works with the Arizona Cardinals. Please make it happen and get Tim away from this dysfunctional organization.

No GM wants this job because of the circus atmosphere, Gepetto(Rex) will be controlling the strings of Pinnochio(new GM), how about that for the inmate running the asylum. Inevitable for the Jets to not getting close to smelling success in 2013. Rexingling and Barnum and Bailey Circus is still in town.

If Tim goes to Arizona my green and white goes to Arizona red.

Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Good bye. (Who were you again?)

Jets Insider VIP
    Yesterday Tim Tebow worked out with his personal trainer at a local college for over 2 hours near Glendale Arizona.

Rumors flying that a trade is in the works with the Arizona Cardinals. Please make it happen and get Tim away from this dysfunctional organization.

No GM wants this job because of the circus atmosphere, Gepetto(Rex) will be controlling the strings of Pinnochio(new GM), how about that for the inmate running the asylum. Inevitable for the Jets to not getting close to smelling success in 2013. Rexingling and Barnum and Bailey Circus is still in town.

LOL

It's almost scary how obsessed some of you Tebow worshippers are.

I'm sure you'll be out in droves when he helps lead the Montreal Alhouettes to another Grey Cup.

Oh wait, Jim Popp said he's not even sure Tebow has what it takes to make it in the CFL.

Oh my, what will the Tebowites do if their savior doesn't even step on a football field next year?

Sit around and beat off to some 2011 highlights thinking about what could've been?

Oh Saint Timmy, what will become of you?

Lol get used to the idea of rooting for no one then. After the Jets dump his ass, it looks unlikely that anyone will want him or his travelling circus.