Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Denver loss validates Tebow's ability to just Win

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rex feared nothing, lol. Why would he fear Tebow doing well? Because some fans would get cranky and call him chubby at games? This is a business and Rex is making bank by doing things that the fans have been pissed at for ages. Trust me, I somehow doubt that Rex would leave Tim on the bench if he thought he would be better.

That said, we could have at least given him a start to end the season. I didn't really get that, but whatever.
    I'd say that your two statements contradict each other. First, you argue that Rex would have put Tebow in if he thought Tebow would be better, then you turn around and admit that you really can't understand why Rex didn't start Tebow in either of the last two games.

So, you won't question Rex's decision making for the first 14, but are baffled by the last 2 ?

Question: What would have happened if Tebow came in and lit things up in the last 2 games ? How stupid would Ryan have looked if that happened ?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Exactly

Plays like sh*t in practice? Check

Plays like sh*t when given a chance to see the field? Check

But Tebow deserves special treatment?

Why? Because he's Tim Tebow?

LOL

Get the f*ck outta here

Untouchable you seem like a nice fellow and I like many of your posts but really where did you see he plays like sh*t when given a chance to see the field? I watched all the games and saw him do 1 series all year. It must have been completing 6 of 8 passes...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly

Plays like sh*t in practice? Check

Plays like sh*t when given a chance to see the field? Check

But Tebow deserves special treatment?

Why? Because he's Tim Tebow?

LOL

Get the f*ck outta here
    Beat the OC's former team in the last 5 minutes of their game last year, beat the jets in the last 6 minutes of their game last year, beat 4 other teams in comeback victories last year, then walloped the Steelers with the 2nd best playoff performance ?

Hmmm, if I were a coach I'd give serious thought to starting him in one of the last 2 games of the season regardless of what he looked like in practice.

Ponder this: Everyone agrees that there are QBs out there who look great in practice, but they **** the bed in game time situations.

Why doesn't it follow that there would be QBs out there who aren't that good in practice, but come game time, they do much better ?

Additionally, I don't know that it's been confirmed that Tebow sucked during practices this year. Care to point out any evidence you have of this ?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    Untouchable you seem like a nice fellow and I like many of your posts but really where did you see he plays like sh*t when given a chance to see the field? I watched all the games and saw him do 1 series all year. It must have been completing 6 of 8 passes...
    Think it must have been when he bounced that deep pass off of Hill's facemask. I guess he was supposed to use his super powers and make Hill catch that ball. Ergo, he sucks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    The guy had less than 200 rushing yards and 0 TD's, despite getting a decent amount of snaps inside the 5 yard line.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Beat the OC's former team in the last 5 minutes of their game last year, beat the jets in the last 6 minutes of their game last year, beat 4 other teams in comeback victories last year, then walloped the Steelers with the 2nd best playoff performance ?

Hmmm, if I were a coach I'd give serious thought to starting him in one of the last 2 games of the season regardless of what he looked like in practice.

Ponder this: Everyone agrees that there are QBs out there who look great in practice, but they **** the bed in game time situations.

Why doesn't it follow that there would be QBs out there who aren't that good in practice, but come game time, they do much better ?

Additionally, I don't know that it's been confirmed that Tebow sucked during practices this year. Care to point out any evidence you have of this ?
    Jets fans could care less about Tebow's postseason success. His one single game of postseason success.

We watched Mark Sanchez go into Foxboro, Indy, etc and walk away with a W.

Does that make him a good QB?

F*ck no

He's terrible and should be booted off the team right alongside your boy.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy had less than 200 rushing yards and 0 TD's, despite getting a decent amount of snaps inside the 5 yard line.
    I don't remember all those snaps inside the 5. I do remember running him in for a telegraphed run up the middle almost every time. Could you do a search for grins to see how many snaps he had from inside the 5 or 10 even?

Nevertheless, we'll see what transpires. If Rex is coach I hope we cut Tebow and if Rex is gone I hope we keep him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is the football equivalent of the boss's son in law. "Find something for this guy to do, just not important enough that it'll matter if he screws it up".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The plays being called were straight dives right up the gut for the most part. For ****'s sake, even most of those who absolutely hate Tebow recognize and admit that Sparano's use of him sucked ass.

And it's hilarious that you think 5 whole snaps inside the 5 yard line constitutes a "decent amount".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets fans could care less about Tebow's postseason success. His one single game of postseason success.

We watched Mark Sanchez go into Foxboro, Indy, etc and walk away with a W.

Does that make him a good QB?

F*ck no

He's terrible and should be booted off the team right alongside your boy.
    Mark Sanchez had 60 or so starts to actually show whether he could do it or not. That's the difference.

Look, if Tebow had 30 or 40 starts under his belt, it would be a different discussion. How hard is it to understand that ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The plays being called were straight dives right up the gut for the most part. For ****'s sake, even most of those who absolutely hate Tebow recognize and admit that Sparano's use of him sucked ass.
    ".
    So obviously it makes sense for the Tebowphiles to insist on the clueless Sparano to continue cluelessly using him even more. You see how illogical that is?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So obviously it makes sense for the Tebowphiles to insist on the clueless Sparano to continue cluelessly using him even more. You see how illogical that is?
    Huh ? Not sure what you are saying here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huh ? Not sure what you are saying here.
    Sparano was unable to figure out how to use Tebow. You've admitted it. So what would have been the point of increasing his playing time if he couldn't use him? Why do you clueless Tebowites insist they just should have used him more, if he didn't know what to do with him?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez had 60 or so starts to actually show whether he could do it or not. That's the difference.

Look, if Tebow had 30 or 40 starts under his belt, it would be a different discussion. How hard is it to understand that ?
    How hard is it for you to understand that Tebow still has the same elongated, goofy ass throwing motion that he's had since college?

How hard is it for you to understand that the guy looked like complete dogsh*t for 55 minutes in basically every game last year with the Broncos before pulling a couple of last second wins out of his ass?

How hard is it for you to understand that you can't expect to contend for championships with that kind of play from your QB?

It's not just Jets fans who see Tebow for what he is. It's basically everyone outside of his freakish, cultist fanbase. Caldwell didn't give a second thought to completely dismissing the idea of bringing him in.

How a bunch of grown ass men could obsess over another grown man is f*cking weird. Especially a player as utterly mediocre as Tebow.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It made sense for Denver to go with Peyton who is an elete QB.
    Sanchez on the other hand was one of the worst QB's in the league.
    the Jets should have given Tebow a chance to fail, at least it may have givin Sanchez some confidence

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez pulled numerous games out of his ass in 2010. We all agree he sucks. Can't you stop this nonesense already.

Ponder this in the NFL you better figure out a way to practice at a high level if you want to be the leader of a team and play on Sunday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow lol ha ha ha

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Sparano was unable to figure out how to use Tebow. You've admitted it. So what would have been the point of increasing his playing time if he couldn't use him? Why do you clueless Tebowites insist they just should have used him more, if he didn't know what to do with him?
    Soprano couldn't even figure out how to use Sanchez who is miles better then Tebow. Why do these guys think Soprano could figure out how to use Tebow? Ronnie Brown could actually throw the ball.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is the one QB on the roster who likely has a higher probability for getting us a top 2 or 3 pick next year even more than Sanchez.

I say start him. By God, start him!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Teblow proved in training camp and in practice that he is not a NFL QB. Why else do you think that Denver wanted to be rid of him? Besides his family being a pain in the butt. The vast majority of the Jets fan base didnt want him and realized in the beginning that the trade was a huge mistake.

Add in his fan base who thinks he is the new Messiah and you have a team that is the biggest mess in the history of the league.

I believe I speak for the vast majority of long time Jets fans when I say we cant wait to be rid of him and his trailer trash fan base.