Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Denver loss validates Tebow's ability to just Win

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can Tebow play safety? That's why the Broncos lost. Not Peyton Manning. If it wasn't for two dynamic kick returns.The game is not even close. The Ravens coaching staff and players simply out performed Denver's coaches and players. John Fox and company got out coached.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Tebowites still ignoring Tim's divisional round stats, eh? 34.6 CMP%, 136 yds, 0 TD/0 INT, 11/22.

His 2011 playoff stats as a whole? 19/47, 40.4 CMP%, 482 yds, 2 TD/0 INT/1 FMB, 29.9 QBR.

Wow, that's some elite **** right there.
    Still ignoring the truth, state all the personal stats you like all that matters are wins and losses and Manning lost his only playoff game where Tebow won his first.

Tebow also took a 1-4 team and went 7-4 in his only starts to win the division.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Still ignoring the truth, state all the personal stats you like all that matters are wins and losses and Manning lost his only playoff game where Tebow won his first.

Tebow also took a 1-4 team and went 7-4 in his only starts to win the division.
    Taking all stats aside then, Peyton Manning 1 SB win, 2 appearances. Tim Tebow-none. That is the truth using your logic.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    That was one of maybe two games all year that he played like a competent NFL QB.
    Yes thats what we look for, a competent HOF QB that puts up huge numbers (Manning) but can't win the big ones.

Give me that mediocre QB that puts up crappy numbers buts wins football games. It all relates to wins and losses thats it, give me the QB that knows how to win not the one that puts up stats.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    If I was still a Mod, every Tebowtard would be long gone. Teblow proved in Training camp and in practice multiple times, that he is not capable of running the Jets offense.

Nail Teblow to his cross, he is done!!!!

That probably explains why you are not a mod now

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes thats what we look for, a competent HOF QB that puts up huge numbers (Manning) but can't win the big ones.

Give me that mediocre QB that puts up crappy numbers buts wins football games. It all relates to wins and losses thats it, give me the QB that knows how to win not the one that puts up stats.
    They both lost in the SAME ROUND. Lol, Tebow's mom is cray as hell.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, this guy is trying to tell us that Tebow is better than a HOF QB. I mean are we really even bothering with this discussion? You realize not one team wants to make him their starter? He's going to Canada.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Taking all stats aside then, Peyton Manning 1 SB win, 2 appearances. Tim Tebow-none. That is the truth using your logic.
    Sorry not a comparison, Manning has started what somewhere in the vicinity of 300 games and won 1 SB, Tebow started 11 and is 1-1 in playoffs, I'm sure if you took % 's based on games started Tebow destroys Manning, just saying.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

CAN'T WIN THE BIG GAME, DOE.

lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    That's unfair. Perhaps that is what the media wishes to turn himself into, but to compare Tebow with Ali? Come on.

Ali couldn't shut his mouth, the only thing Tebow does is give thanks to Jesus and will take a knee on the field and pray. I do not see how they compare. The real issue is that these two actions, the knee and saying thanks to Jesus, spurns people with an axe to grind against religion. It is they who have made this "Tebow monster."

Not Tim Tebow.

Difference between Tebow and Ali :

Ali knew how to Box.

Tebow knew how to suck.

The End.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, this guy is trying to tell us that Tebow is better than a HOF QB. I mean are we really even bothering with this discussion? You realize not one team wants to make him their starter? He's going to Canada.
    And yes I am saying Manning is a choking dog. The Colts won the SB in spite of Manning in that game, again, just saying.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Orton started the first 3 games, not 5.
    If you are going to correct someone, it's best that you know what you are talking about. Orton started the first 5 games and went 1-4. He was replaced by Tebow in the second half of the 5th game, against San Diego and his first start of the season was the next game against the Dolphins.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And yes I am saying Manning is a choking dog. The Colts won the SB in spite of Manning in that game, again, just saying.
    16 offensive ppg average on offense under Tim Tebow as a starter in the regular season. 16. Yeah, he won all those games for them

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    16 offensive ppg average on offense under Tim Tebow as a starter in the regular season. 16. Yeah, he won all those games for them
    Amazing how those type of wins happen whenever he is a starter, must be really coincidental.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

CAN'T WIN THE BIG GAME, DOE.

lol.
    He had a bad game in that SB. Indy's D was top 3 that year by some fluke. He kept bringing them there every year but the team had to win one for him not the other way around. That wasn't exactly a Joe Montana moment. Peyton is over rated. Maybe the greatest season QB of all time but once POs starts he is a proven choker.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing how those type of wins happen whenever he is a starter, must be really coincidental.
    Well they didn't in the last 3 games of the season, when they needed one win to clinch the division. Their superstar "all he does is win games" QB led them to and 0-3 performance, 5 fumbles, 3 lost, 4 INT's, and a 13 point average per game, including a blowout loss to a dismal BUF team and a 7-3 losst to one of the worst teams in the league. But I'm sure the forces of Tebow were in play for the 50 things that all needed to happen for them to back in through the worst division in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He had a bad game in that SB. Indy's D was top 3 that year by some fluke. He kept bringing them there every year but the team had to win one for him not the other way around. That wasn't exactly a Joe Montana moment. Peyton is over rated. Maybe the greatest season QB of all time but once POs starts he is a proven choker.
    So, it's ok when Tebow's D carries him, but not when Peyton's D carries him? Ok, sounds legit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, it's ok when Tebow's D carries him, but not when Peyton's D carries him? Ok, sounds legit.
    Yes, because it's the aura of Tebow that carries his D and makes them play well. Manning has no aura.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Peyton Manning led Denver Bronco team lost today, it absolutely validates what us so-called Teboow-ites proclaim, all he does is win. Manning may be one of the best TRUE PASSERS all time and yet he could not accomplish what Tim did. Tim also won on the road against Big Ben, Peyton is at home against Joe Flacco (LOL) and this Denver team is heads above last years Denver team.

So is drop back passing overrated and can it be supplanted by a read-option type offense? Yes, yes, yes, its just that fans despise it, it's not as exciting.

No excuses now but I'm sure lots of them will be coming up.

Suck it up Elway you screwed up and so did you Rex.
    Can one of the mods please ban this guy already? It's one thing if this stuff is said tongue in cheek, but this seems to be this guy's serious opinion, and there's just no place for it on JI.

if Ruby2 had been named mod, I bet this thread would've beeen locked and VinnieTK banned by now!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, because it's the aura of Tebow that carries his D and makes them play well. Manning has no aura.
    Apparently.