Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning.. Greatest

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Rings is a team effort. And Montana had a much better team than Marino.

Montana was the product of a system. Marino was the system

Marino had better players than Brady and he dragged the 31st ranked defense to the Super Bowl. Marino people are full of excuses why he never got back to the Super Bowl. He had great receivers and a good line. Marino had a great arm but a 10 cent head.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rings is a team effort. And Montana had a much better team than Marino.

Montana was the product of a system. Marino was the system
    49ers were stacked team wise, O,D,ST,QB,RB,WR were the best at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Marino had better players than Brady and he dragged the 31st ranked defense to the Super Bowl. Marino people are full of excuses why he never got back to the Super Bowl. He had great receivers and a good line. Marino had a great arm but a 10 cent head.
    And they couldn't stop the juggernaut 9ers offense. And the Niners had a great D. Defense wins championships.

Replace Montana with Marino and we got a different story here

And they couldn't stop the juggernaut 9ers offense. And the Niners had a great D. Defense wins championships.

Replace Montana with Marino and we got a different story here

They got there...what's Marino's excuse?

They got there...what's Marino's excuse?
    And he did a good job of getting out a weak conference.

1 man can only take a team so far. Look at Miami & and look at SF in the 80. San Fran was stacked. No way Marino could beat them by himself.

And he did a good job of getting out a weak conference.

1 man can only take a team so far. Look at Miami & and look at SF in the 80. San Fran was stacked. No way Marino could beat them by himself.

They were in different conferences. Marino didn't have to beat Montana to make it to the Super Bowl. He just choked. Go back and look at his playoff stats. They're horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    49ers were stacked team wise, O,D,ST,QB,RB,WR were the best at the time.
    LOL... please name his WRs for his first 2 rings? I'll give you a hint, Jerry wasn't there. By the time rice was there Montana was already in the discussion for GOAT. His RB for the first ring wasn't Roger Craig, and even in his prime Craig wasn't the best RB of all time. Why do people choose not to check facts and just blindly post STUPIDITY?

They were in different conferences. Marino didn't have to beat Montana to make it to the Super Bowl. He just choked. Go back and look at his playoff stats. They're horrible.
    That's my point. AFC was much weaker at the time. He never would made it that far in the NFC.

And when you consider the team he had, this is no surprise he didn't play all that great in the playoffs.

He is like a racehorse who wins races in 40,000 claiming races but when he has to go against stakeshorses he flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    He's great. In week 1-16. But he seems to come up small in the playoffs. Even games he has won, he hasn't played well.

[He gave up 21 point of his turnovers and was given 14 by his speacil teams. The defense is to blame buthe had as much to do with the loss as anyoneQUOTE=southparkcpa;4774358]Yeah...Peyton gave up 38 points including a TD with 20 seconds to go.[/QUOTE]

That's my point. AFC was much weaker at the time. He never would made it that far in the NFC.

And when you consider the team he had, this is no surprise he didn't play all that great in the playoffs.
    I don't get it. You're saying Marino never made it back to the Super Bowl because he was in a weaker conference? Anyway, I'm going to watch the game but Montana people won't change and Marino people won't change so have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by sec318 View Post
    He is like a racehorse who wins races in 40,000 claiming races but when he has to go against stakeshorses he flops.

Pressure

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    Sure didn't. He did, however, lose a fumble, throw a pick-six, and then throw another pick near the end of OT that B'More converted into a trip to the AFCCG.
    Was he channelling da Sanchize?

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Regular Season QB of all time.

Even when he got a ring, he did not play well. Once again does not come up big in a big game. His special teams spot him 14 points, still doesn't get it done. I know, the Broncos' safety blew it at the end, but Peytong also had a bunch of chances in OT to win it.

Tim Tebow wins more post season games the Peyton. (I don't even like Tebow)

Weird. Like it was his fault the defense crapped the bed with 1 minute to go.

Peyton Manning has never won a playoff game when the them dips below 40. However he is still a great QB who got them to the playoffs. What collapsed was their secondary especially Champ Baily who was exposed on national TV. If the Jets decide to try and trade Revis Denver would be a great spot for him but I am not sure they have anything we want or need

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Peyton Manning has never won a playoff game when the them dips below 40. However he is still a great QB who got them to the playoffs. What collapsed was their secondary especially Champ Baily who was exposed on national TV. If the Jets decide to try and trade Revis Denver would be a great spot for him but I am not sure they have anything we want or need
    Champ Bailey - how did he make 2nd team All Pro?

Another player who's reputation is better than his current ability.

I know Peyton Manning doesn't have a great playoff resume', but I still vividly remember him carving us up in the 2nd half of the AFC championship game a few years back. That's why I laugh when people try to tell Jets fans he can't "win a big game."

Put Peyton's Regular Season attributes together with Eli's Postseason pedigree and you'd have the greatest Quarterback of all-time, period.

Poor Peyton.

That throw across the body in OT was Favre-esque levels of retarded. Only fitting that Manning tied Favre for the record in post season losses.

Jets Insider VIP
    Marino >>> Montana
    LOLZ

I'm convinced that you never even saw Montana play.