Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Flacco and the Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    if (big if) he can get two more wins here he deserves early consideration. certainly his resume would outstrip Eli's, John Elway's, and others through five years.
    Your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend must be so disappointed with you if your bedroom habits are anything like QB predictions.

There are some threads that lack such fundamental logic that the originator should be banned from the forum. Without a speckle of reasonable doubt, this thread fills the aforementioned criteria.

This was locked? And the Tebow thread is still standing? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

There are only two QB's in the league presently who would be locks for the HOF if they retired tomorrow, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Maybe Brees would have an outside shot. That's it.

Roethlisberger and Eli shouldn't go in simply because of two Championships. If winning two Superbowls automatically gets you into the HOF as a QB, then where the hell is Phil Simms? Where's Jim Plunkett?

Rodgers is well on his way but hasn't played long enough.
    If both Brees and Rodgers don't turn into stumblebums over the next five years they will both be locks. If you don't see this then you haven't watched the hundreds of other QB's in this league that played during their tenure. Both are very special.

wtf...?

I'm on the fence here about whether or not I'd want him on the Jets (who could use just about anyone who has a pulse at QB), and you've got this guy on the list for Canton?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    If both Brees and Rodgers don't turn into stumblebums over the next five years they will both be locks. If you don't see this then you haven't watched the hundreds of other QB's in this league that played during their tenure. Both are very special.
    Yeah, no sh*t.

Did you actually read my post you just quoted?

So, first the "tebow is better than Manning" thread and now this. Holy overreaction, Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yeah, no sh*t.

Did you actually read my post you just quoted?
    Not arguing with you at all. And I'll add that Big Ben and Eli would have to turn into Ryan Leaf over the next five years to also be near locks if not outright locks. Multiple super bowls winners and proven clutch winners that are likely to appear in the big game again as both of them probably might given the world class organisations that they play for simply adds to the proof.

We are experiencing the age of the exceptional QB. There are more than a few that simply dominate this game. There can be argument to this.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Reasons and there are plenty :
    1.First qb to win at least 1 playoff games in first 5 years
    2.Outplay Brady last playoffs and Manning this playoffs,remember the Lee Evans drop last year?
    3.Has he ever really had good wrs and easy tight end targets like Brady and or other offenses
    4.He throws a perfect deep ball and has ideal size of 6 ft 6
    5.He is consistant,while Big Ben and Eli already missed the playoffs a bunch the past 5 years and that's his competition to make the top 5 ahead of those 2.Eli missed playoffs 3 out of 5 years and Big ben 2 out of 5.Flacco has yet to miss them.
    Flacco is playing out his mind right now, but he did not win a playoff game in each of his first five years. The Ravens won in spite of him the 1st 3 years and up until the championship game in his 4th year. Flacco was absolutely dreadful in the first 3 playoff years (4 td-7int td-int ratio, and a qb rating in the 60's). He started to turn it around in last year's playoffs, except for a few bonehead decisions against the pats. This postseason he has been nothing short of lights out.

Although Joe Flacco threw 3 TDs today, if anyone watched the game you'd know that his WRs, and defense bailed out the Ravens on more than one occasion. Also, at least 2 of the passes thrown for TDs were poorly placed balls that the WRs made great plays.

Furthermore, you can say the same thing about Ray Rice. How many games has he won as a RB? I submit that on more than one occasion, Ray Rice was more influential in the team's win than Flacco was.

Montana, Brady, Manning to a lesser degree, all are the dominant force in their respective teams' playoff runs. Flacco is instrumental at times, but the Ravens can be a good team without him, IMO. If Sanchez made it to the AFCCG again, 3rd time in 5 years it would have been, just like Flacco, should he be considered for the HOF? Kerry Collins played in 2 Superbowls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    Not arguing with you at all. And I'll add that Big Ben and Eli would have to turn into Ryan Leaf over the next five years to also be near locks if not outright locks. Multiple super bowls winners and proven clutch winners that are likely to appear in the big game again as both of them probably might given the world class organisations that they play for simply adds to the proof.

We are experiencing the age of the exceptional QB. There are more than a few that simply dominate this game. There can be argument to this.
    Maybe it's just me, but when I think of HOF QB's, I think of guys who consistently drop your jaw and make you say "How in the hell did he just do that".

I don't get that feeling with a guy like Eli.

And outside of his ability to keep plays alive, I don't get that feeling with Roethlisberger either.

Montana, Marino, Elway, Favre, Peyton, Brady, etc

Those are the kind of guys I think about when I envision a HOF QB.

He's not a top 5 QB. He's played for a great organization that knows how to develop a QB and plan around his strengths and weaknesses.

Unless he wins a ring or two he will be remembered as a winner on a good team that failed to get it done. If he gets a ring, or more so two, you couldn't put his name and Trent Dilfer in the same sentence with a straight face.

My prayer as a Jet fan is that he goes into New England and puts up 3 td's with no picks and his team plays good defense and runs the ball effectively. That would make him a prodigious winner, but not an elite, top 5 QB. But boy, he would be one more great season away from consideration.

The safety plays the pass correctly and defends the play, and this conversation isn't happening.

One play away from not even discussing this. Does one play define Flacco's career?

He's a good QB, not consistent enough to be considered elite.

Where does he rank in these QBs who have had some kind of recent success (in no particular order)?

P. Manning
    Brees
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Roethlisberger
    E. Manning
    Rivers
    Ryan
    Flacco
    Stafford
    Cutler
    Romo
    Dalton
    Kaepernick
    Wilson
    RG3
    Luck
    Newton
    Freeman

All Pro
    I'd say he's either 1 or 2...all time, but only for this week. Next week he's going to suck again. Peyton on the other hand is washed up. You can't make this stuff up.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The safety plays the pass correctly and defends the play, and this conversation isn't happening.

One play away from not even discussing this. Does one play define Flacco's career?

He's a good QB, not consistent enough to be considered elite.

Where does he rank in these QBs who have had some kind of recent success (in no particular order)?

P. Manning
    Brees
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Roethlisberger
    E. Manning
    Rivers
    Ryan
    Flacco
    Stafford
    Cutler
    Romo
    Dalton
    Kaepernick
    Wilson
    RG3
    Luck
    Newton
    Freeman
    87 QB rating. Idk, where does that put him?

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    87 QB rating. Idk, where does that put him?
    I mean, are we going purely by statistics and that's it?

I have been one of the biggest critics of Flacco, but when you look at his performance in the playoffs he can not be denied. But to put him in the HOF now is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
    Holy overreaction Batman!
    Yessir are you kidding Us w/Flacco...your loco Ese...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    if (big if) he can get two more wins here he deserves early consideration. certainly his resume would outstrip Eli's, John Elway's, and others through five years.
    WOW.....crack is a REALLY bad drug...

RG3 HOF!