Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can hate the Harbaugh bros., but they're proving to be great

Jets Insider VIP

You can hate the Harbaugh bros., but they're proving to be great

Last year Jim was 1 dropped pass from the Super Bowl. John was a fumbled kick return away. Could have easily had a Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh Super Bowl.

This year again they're both looking at a potential Final Four appearance in getting to the conference championship games.

Say what you want but these guys know how to coach!

I'd really enjoy watching a Harbowl this year. Niners would win, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Last year Jim was 1 dropped pass from the Super Bowl. John was a fumbled kick return away. Could have easily had a Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh Super Bowl.

This year again they're both looking at a potential Final Four appearance in getting to the conference championship games.

what do they both have? a very good defense, with solid run game, above average qb (not great). We have 2 of 3, run game would be better if a D actually considered mark to be any threat to throw..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I hate these guys, but you're right. Not sure why I hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    what do they both have? a very good defense, with solid run game, above average qb (not great). We have 2 of 3, run game would be better if a D actually considered mark to be any threat to throw..
    Don't know if I'd really call our run game "solid", but ok. A good QB would do wonders, though.

Jets Insider VIP
    how many rings do they have? same as rex. thats what i thought

Do they have another brother ?

Wink

One of them will get a ring this year. No doubt about that.

Hall Of Fame
    Not sure how anybody can hate John. Jim can get under people's skin but he is a great coach.

Bullspit. Ravens gave up 35 and SF is up to 24, probably more when this game is over. There's no such thing as good defense anymore. In fact, good defense does nothing but lose heartbreaking games in the NFL. This is a league that demands you put up 30-40+ points. Period. The whole "defense wins championships" strategy is loooooooong gone. What both Harbaugh's have done is build teams that can score and score often. So long as they continue to do so they will win. This is why we will never win with Rex Ryan, trying to win with Defense will only eventually result in a heartbreaking awful loss once you'r in a position where you need to score points and can't because all your chips are on the wrong side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not sure how anybody can hate John. Jim can get under people's skin but he is a great coach.
    They look identical.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

What were the Ravens thinking, not giving Rex Ryan the head coaching job?

Man, they'd have won 3 or 4 rings by now, just like the Chargers.

Huge mistake.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Bullspit. Ravens gave up 35 and SF is up to 24, probably more when this game is over. There's no such thing as good defense anymore. In fact, good defense does nothing but lose heartbreaking games in the NFL. This is a league that demands you put up 30-40+ points. Period. The whole "defense wins championships" strategy is loooooooong gone. What both Harbaugh's have done is build teams that can score and score often. So long as they continue to do so they will win. This is why we will never win with Rex Ryan, trying to win with Defense will only eventually result in a heartbreaking awful loss once you'r in a position where you need to score points and can't because all your chips are on the wrong side of the ball.
    did you watch the games? Denver d lost the game at the end of reg. Ravens/9ers both have much better d's than denver/greenbay d's. but your not going to hold 2 of the best qbs in the nfl to 10 points.. The losers had the much better qbs, but no defense.. Patriots have been a near top seed every year but have been eliminated by underdogs every yr for past 8 years since they have no defense. But yes they always have best offense.. Giants were not great, and barely made playoffs last yr. but their DEFENSE won the superbowl..

My SB prediction before the year was a Harbowl. I'm looking good so far...

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What were the Ravens thinking, not giving Rex Ryan the head coaching job?

Man, they'd have won 3 or 4 rings by now, just like the Chargers.

Huge mistake.

SAR I
    Broken record.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Broken record.
    King Of The Comebacks.

SAR I

did you watch the games? Denver d lost the game at the end of reg. Ravens/9ers both have much better d's than denver/greenbay d's. but your not going to hold 2 of the best qbs in the nfl to 10 points.. The losers had the much better qbs, but no defense.. Patriots have been a near top seed every year but have been eliminated by underdogs every yr for past 8 years since they have no defense. But yes they always have best offense.. Giants were not great, and barely made playoffs last yr. but their DEFENSE won the superbowl..
    If I'm not mistaken DEN had the #4 D in the league this year. Ravens D was around 12. Your argument is completely false. building a team around a great D gets you nowhere. Period. You start in the NFL by building an offense that can score 30+ points. The D comes next. If your D plays well, fantastic. If not, well you can score 30+ points... None of the defenses did anything in either game tonight. If you think they did then you haven't been watching football very long. Defense is extinct.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I hate these guys, but you're right. Not sure why I hate them.
    Same here. Don't know why but I can't stand the Hairballs.

OMG what's going to happen when the defense figures out how to stop Kaepernik? LOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Too bad Rex never scratched off that lottery ticket Tim Tebow. If he did even half as good as Kaepernik we'd be in the playoffs.

It's scary that you don't understand we have 0 of the 3. Our running game is inconsistent, our defense has no LBs other than David Harris (soon to also have no safeties but our rookies) and our defense is horrible in the clutch, and a QB we ruined and who has no WRs that can catch.

And I don't hate the Harbaugh's, i wish they could adopt another son so we had somebody to hire.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 01-13-2013 at 12:10 AM.