Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: You can hate the Harbaugh bros., but they're proving to be great

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,276

    You can hate 'em.... They're still aggravatingly great

    Yes I can and yes they are. Wish I had a reason to like them because they're successful.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken DEN had the #4 D in the league this year. Ravens D was around 12. Your argument is completely false. building a team around a great D gets you nowhere. Period. You start in the NFL by building an offense that can score 30+ points. The D comes next. If your D plays well, fantastic. If not, well you can score 30+ points... None of the defenses did anything in either game tonight. If you think they did then you haven't been watching football very long. Defense is extinct.
    You honestly can tell me denver's secondary did not lose the game for them tonight? Did you see how many times bailey got beat, terribly beat? That td play at the end of reg may the worst defensive play in the history of nfl.

    Your aurgement is proven wrong.. Do the patriots not have the best offense every year? How many years in a row have they been beaten by teams with good defenses? They go into the playoffs at top seed, yet havent won a bowl since 05. Are the giants backbone not their defense? They dont have the best, but they win when they get in. did they not win 2 bowls past few years?

    Werent you a sanchez defender?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    It's scary that you don't understand we have 0 of the 3. Our running game is inconsistent, our defense has no LBs other than David Harris (soon to also have no safeties but our rookies) and our defense is horrible in the clutch, and a QB we ruined and who has no WRs that can catch.

    And I don't hate the Harbaugh's, i wish they could adopt another son so we had somebody to hire.
    "0 of the 3" Its scary you said that.. 8th ranked D with worst qb in the league aint too bad..Count up how many extra series opposing offenses get against the jets because either mark was turning it over or going for the quick 3 and out.. 12th in rushing, would be better but D's stack for the run, they arent scared of sanchoke throwing the ball.. wait "we ruined sanchez?" hahaha ohh man not another Sanchez spacer..

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    You honestly can tell me denver's secondary did not lose the game for them tonight? Did you see how many times bailey got beat, terribly beat? That td play at the end of reg may the worst defensive play in the history of nfl.

    Your aurgement is proven wrong.. Do the patriots not have the best offense every year? How many years in a row have they been beaten by teams with good defenses? They go into the playoffs at top seed, yet havent won a bowl since 05. Are the giants backbone not their defense? They dont have the best, but they win when they get in. did they not win 2 bowls past few years?

    Werent you a sanchez defender?
    Yes, their D did lose it for them, as all very good D's will eventually do. Our D was great in 2010 when we were getting clobbered by PIT. You can not win in the NFL with a great defense and a deficient offense...which is exactly what we had in 2010. A stout D will eventually get gashed. If your O is not capable of putting up a big game at any time you will eventually lose...just like DEN did tonight. DEN's offense struggled tonight and they lost. You can not rely on defense. Eventually that reliance will knock you out.

    Yes, I was a Sanchez supporter. I wanted him to succeed probably more than anyone. I wanted that because I knew we weren't going to win SB's counting on Revis and our D all the time. I knew we needed a QB that could come through and put points on the board. We needed Sanchez to be that guy, and because of that I rooted for him and supported him like hell. He failed. We can debate all the reasons for years but the bottom line is he failed and because of that, even though we have a great defense, we suck. So here we sit with a top 10 D in the last 4 years and NOTHING to show for it.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Yes, their D did lose it for them, as all very good D's will eventually do. Our D was great in 2010 when we were getting clobbered by PIT. You can not win in the NFL with a great defense and a deficient offense...which is exactly what we had in 2010. A stout D will eventually get gashed. If your O is not capable of putting up a big game at any time you will eventually lose...just like DEN did tonight. DEN's offense struggled tonight and they lost. You can not rely on defense. Eventually that reliance will knock you out.

    Yes, I was a Sanchez supporter. I wanted him to succeed probably more than anyone. I wanted that because I knew we weren't going to win SB's counting on Revis and our D all the time. I knew we needed a QB that could come through and put points on the board. We needed Sanchez to be that guy, and because of that I rooted for him and supported him like hell. He failed. We can debate all the reasons for years but the bottom line is he failed and because of that, even though we have a great defense, we suck. So here we sit with a top 10 D in the last 4 years and NOTHING to show for it.
    D held pitt to 17 points. shut them out in 2nd half.. If not for Sanchez fumble and pitt returing it for td who knows.. we had 19. Mark could only muster getting the Jets O a FG in 1st half.. Pitts D was strong as always though... Ofcourse you need a good O too.. Ravens and SF have very good running games, and a strong D, not the best qbs.. Complete opposite of Pats who want to pass/score a ton and not play D. they have the best record of the remaining teams now, usually are the top dogs.. lets see if their style of play chokes again..

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    D held pitt to 17 points. shut them out in 2nd half.. If not for Sanchez fumble and pitt returing it for td who knows.. we had 19. Mark could only muster getting the Jets O a FG in 1st half.. Pitts D was strong as always though... Ofcourse you need a good O too.. Ravens and SF have very good running games, and a strong D, not the best qbs.. Complete opposite of Pats who want to pass/score a ton and not play D. they have the best record of the remaining teams now, usually are the top dogs.. lets see if their style of play chokes again..
    Right, our Offense failed. Offense. That great D, where all the money and effort was spent was rendered useless because our offense was deficient. Having a great D did nothing for us, we lost. SF's D did not win it for them tonight. Neither did DEN's tonight, neither did GB's. Neither did BAL's or SF's either. The games were won with offense, and lots of it. Show me a decent O and a great D and I'll show you a team that will lose eventually. Give me a great O with a mediocre D that can be opportunistic at times and I'll show you a SB team. Look at every game in the remaining playoffs. Give me one game that you can say definitively that 30 points WILL win the game. There isn't one. will SEA for sure if they score 30? Is ATL not fully capable of scoring more? HOU? Can NE no score more? Vice versa? How about if ATL or SEA wins and faces SF? If either scores 30 against SF are they guaranteed to win? I don't think so. How about BAL? If they score 30 against NE/Hou are they guaranteed to win in your mind? I don't think so. You MUST, MUST be able to put a boatload of points on the board at any time if you are truly a contender. If your offense is your deficiency you are lost.

    You can have the Clay Matthews, Aldon Smiths, Von Millers, Darrelle Revis's, Ed Reed's, all you want. Go ahead and formulate the sickest defensive roster you want. When it means your offense looks like CIN, NYJ's, PIT (this year), TB, MIN etc etc you will not win. Period.

  7. #27
    They're tenacious and gritty, qualities that translate well as players(QB's) and as HC's. This is what we lack in the cheerleader we have as a HC and at QB.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Bullspit. Ravens gave up 35 and SF is up to 24, probably more when this game is over. There's no such thing as good defense anymore. In fact, good defense does nothing but lose heartbreaking games in the NFL. This is a league that demands you put up 30-40+ points. Period. The whole "defense wins championships" strategy is loooooooong gone. What both Harbaugh's have done is build teams that can score and score often. So long as they continue to do so they will win. This is why we will never win with Rex Ryan, trying to win with Defense will only eventually result in a heartbreaking awful loss once you'r in a position where you need to score points and can't because all your chips are on the wrong side of the ball.
    One small problem with your theory is that two of the "juggernaught" offenses in the NFL just got beat, i.e. Denver and Green Bay. They got beaten by teams led by Kaepernick, who has fewer than 10 starts to his name, and Joe "Dammit, I'm elite I tell ya" Flacco.

    Why did SF and Cleveland win ? Because their defenses were able to hold their opponents in check, while their opponent's defenses couldn't do the same to their offenses.

    Seriously, is anyone going to try and claim that Cleveland's offense is better than the Broncos ? Or that San Fran's offense is better than Green Bay's ?

    Think about this one for a sec. How do you think the Green Bay / San Fran game would have done if the teams had traded defenses ? Aaron Rodgers would have had SF's D, Kaepernick would have had GB's. Who wins that hypothetical game ?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us