Thread: Jets To Interview Stanford OC Pep Hamilton For OC Job

Jets Insider VIP

Jets To Interview Stanford OC Pep Hamilton For OC Job

Not sure if posted previously

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/1...nford-football

The New York Jets will reportedly interview Stanford offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton for the same position, according to CBSSports.com's Bruce Feldman. Hamilton has been the offensive coordinator for the Cardinal for two seasons, and previously spent two seasons as an assistant coach with the Jets. He's scheduled to interview with the Jets on either Monday or Tuesday, and Feldman says he could be in play for at least two other offensive coordinator positions as well. Virginia Tech is reportedly one place for which he has interviewed.

The Jets fired offensive coordinator Tony Sparano on Tuesday after the offense floundered all season. New York finished 30th in the league in total offense and 28th in scoring offense, and dealt with a season-long quarterback controversy between Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow. The team is reportedly trying to part ways with Tebow before next season, but whoever is hired as the offensive coordinator will have serious work to do.

Hamilton has also spent time as a quarterbacks coach for the San Francisco 49ers and Chicago Bears.

Cool

Seems like a pretty talented guy. Glad to hear that.

Yea, it was in the tweets thread earlier. Pretty cool, I s'pose.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Shouldnt a GM be hired first?

What kind of decisions are they going to let the new GM make? Sounds like a lame duck job really.

I dont know what GM would accept stepping into a position of futility.

Don't know a thing about him but I like the name Pep and im sure Woody does too. That's what we need a guy named Pep for our new O.C. and if we could find a new QB coach named Zip to go with him that would be all the better.

Hall Of Fame
    Only if he brings Shaw with him.

Quote Originally Posted by extra714 View Post
    Don't know a thing about him but I like the name Pep and im sure Woody does too. That's what we need a guy named Pep for our new O.C. and if we could find a new QB coach named Zip to go with him that would be all the better.
    LOLz @ Pep and Zip!

But he's a college coach; is he even qualified to be an NFL OC? If not, maybe he could be the QB coach since we need one of those as well and he does have pro experience in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Who did he develop at STANDORD, w/Bears & 49ers? Was Luck there?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yea, it was in the tweets thread earlier. Pretty cool, I s'pose.
    I can't keep up with those.

:shakes_cane:

Anyone but Cam Cameron or Marty Mornhinweig. Might as well get some fresh blood in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I can't keep up with those.

:shakes_cane:
    lol, I'll quit skateboardin' on the sidewalks.