Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78

Thread: There is no shortage of ways to examine these option QB's

  1. #1

    There is no shortage of ways to examine these option QB's

    - Is this really going last? I feel like defenses are going to spend the off-season putting together new defenses to stop these guys. Eventually they have to realize that the DE is a sitting duck on these plays.

    - Do these guys make Tebow valuable to some team as a backup? This is the type of offense the Jets wanted to run with Tebow. If Smith walks, why wouldn't SF consider bringing him in for cheap?

    - Fantasy drafts are going to be absolutely fascinating for next year. How high does Kaepernick or Wilson go next year? RGIII outscored both Rodgers and Brees this year. Maybe these guys can do it again...

    I really can't wait to watch the early game tomorrow. These guys are fun to watch and I think Russell Wilson is going to carve up Atlanta tomorrow. Even if John Abraham plays, he'll be hobbling around and Seattle is going to destroy him with these sets.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,168
    How long can these QB's last? Kaepernick is the only one you watch while that you don't cringe thinking he is going to get squashed like a bug by giant defenders for some reason, with all the others you just know it's a matter of time. But how long before they start crushing him? He looks very small and spindly.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    - Is this really going last? I feel like defenses are going to spend the off-season putting together new defenses to stop these guys. Eventually they have to realize that the DE is a sitting duck on these plays.

    - Do these guys make Tebow valuable to some team as a backup? This is the type of offense the Jets wanted to run with Tebow. If Smith walks, why wouldn't SF consider bringing him in for cheap?

    - Fantasy drafts are going to be absolutely fascinating for next year. How high does Kaepernick or Wilson go next year? RGIII outscored both Rodgers and Brees this year. Maybe these guys can do it again...

    I really can't wait to watch the early game tomorrow. These guys are fun to watch and I think Russell Wilson is going to carve up Atlanta tomorrow. Even if John Abraham plays, he'll be hobbling around and Seattle is going to destroy him with these sets.
    If Tebow loses 20 lbs, I wouldn't mind having him on the roster competing for a QB spot. Keep him at the same weight, maybe even a little more, I can see him playing TE or FB or H-Back role with the Jets...the guy can play football,t not as a pure drop-back passer.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,573
    I think these kinds of offenses add an interesting wrinkle - but being a running Qb is a young mans game. I don't think you get dynasty-type situations out of guys like Colin K. Too, look at the RG3 situation - if you leave your QB exposed like that, you massively increase the odds you'll need a real second Qb at some point each year. Sounds a lot like college! Which is where this type of O works best for all the reasons mentioned above.

  5. #5
    The Pats run an option offense, the only difference is that Brady can't run well but he can throw.

  6. #6
    It's a weird breed of athletic QBs that can also throw that are coming up all at once. Maybe some of the read option stuff is a little gimmickey, but there's always going to be a role for a superb athlete who can throw the ball at such a high level. RG3 and Wilson are throwing nearly 65% completion as rookies, Kaepernick right behind them at 62%, and not in a dink and dunk way, they're slinging it all over the field with accuracy, AND they can run. It's really something to behold.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    - Is this really going last? I feel like defenses are going to spend the off-season putting together new defenses to stop these guys. Eventually they have to realize that the DE is a sitting duck on these plays.

    - Do these guys make Tebow valuable to some team as a backup? This is the type of offense the Jets wanted to run with Tebow. If Smith walks, why wouldn't SF consider bringing him in for cheap?

    - Fantasy drafts are going to be absolutely fascinating for next year. How high does Kaepernick or Wilson go next year? RGIII outscored both Rodgers and Brees this year. Maybe these guys can do it again...

    I really can't wait to watch the early game tomorrow. These guys are fun to watch and I think Russell Wilson is going to carve up Atlanta tomorrow. Even if John Abraham plays, he'll be hobbling around and Seattle is going to destroy him with these sets.
    The success of Wilson, Kapernick and RG3 has to do with their ability to throw. Tebow cannot so he should not really be grouped with these guys.

  8. #8
    tebow can be that guy here.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    If Tebow loses 20 lbs, I wouldn't mind having him on the roster competing for a QB spot. Keep him at the same weight, maybe even a little more, I can see him playing TE or FB or H-Back role with the Jets...the guy can play football,t not as a pure drop-back passer.
    The fact that Rex ABSOLUTELY refused to play him this season, I find it hard to imagine Rex ever giving him a shot next year.

    That said, if we go into next season with the trio of QBs that we currently have, the new GM needs to be fired.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    The fact that Rex ABSOLUTELY refused to play him this season, I find it hard to imagine Rex ever giving him a shot next year.

    That said, if we go into next season with the trio of QBs that we currently have, the new GM needs to be fired.
    because of the contractual obligations to all 3 qbs i see them all being in camp and fighting for the starting job.

    tebow is gonna be our starting qb next season.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    because of the contractual obligations to all 3 qbs i see them all being in camp and fighting for the starting job.

    tebow is gonna be our starting qb next season.
    That's not likely since he'll be rather busy with his new team in the CFL.

  12. #12
    Tebow can't throw half as well as any of these guys. He's also not as fast in the open field.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    because of the contractual obligations to all 3 qbs i see them all being in camp and fighting for the starting job.

    tebow is gonna be our starting qb next season.
    First, Tebow can be cut, it will save the Jets $1.5M. Sanchez will definitely be here though. Even if Rex is gonna give Tebow a shot, there will be a 4th QB. Whether that is someone like Matt Flynn, or a draft pick, we cannot go into next season with status quo at QB. Add the fact that Cameron is probably going to be our OC, this has catastrophe written all over it.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    If Tebow loses 20 lbs, I wouldn't mind having him on the roster competing for a QB spot. Keep him at the same weight, maybe even a little more, I can see him playing TE or FB or H-Back role with the Jets...the guy can play football,t not as a pure drop-back passer.
    Nonsense. These guys can run like gazelles AND throw the ball. Tebow can do neither no matter what he weighs. The irony is the game has transformed to "Tebow style" offenses, only Tebow isn't nearly as good as these guys at any facet of the game.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Nonsense. These guys can run like gazelles AND throw the ball. Tebow can do neither no matter what he weighs. The irony is the game has transformed to "Tebow style" offenses, only Tebow isn't nearly as good as these guys at any facet of the game.
    if tebow cant compete with these guys i guess sanchez cant even hold the clipboard for these guys.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    if tebow cant compete with these guys i guess sanchez cant even hold the clipboard for these guys.
    Who said Sanchez? This debate has nothing to do with it. Really your argument obviously has no legs when you can only come back with "well Tebow is better than Sanchez". Thanks for playing.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    if tebow cant compete with these guys i guess sanchez cant even hold the clipboard for these guys.
    Yeah, which is why neither should be on this roster next year.

    I don't see why you feel the need to slam Sanchez in every post involving Tebow.

    Do you think that helps your case or something?

    Anyone with a functional brain and set of eyeballs knows that Sanchez is terrible.

    And so is Tebow.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yeah, which is why neither should be on this roster next year.

    I don't see why you feel the need to slam Sanchez in every post involving Tebow.

    Do you think that helps your case or something?

    Anyone with a functional brain and set of eyeballs knows that Sanchez is terrible.

    And so is Tebow.
    Untouchable, you're a much nicer person than Stalin.

    See how that's not a glowing letter of recommendation? It's very similar to the same old tactic that Tebowites use, "But but but he bedder den Sanchez doe!".

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,387
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Untouchable, you're a much nicer person than Stalin.

    See how that's not a glowing letter of recommendation? It's very similar to the same old tactic that Tebowites use, "But but but he bedder den Sanchez doe!".
    The rationale that these people use is silly as hell.

    "But...but...look at guys like Kaepernik, Wilson and RG3. They're running this read option stuff and it's working!"

    To which I reply, wake me up when Tebow is as dynamic of a runner or half as good in the pocket as any of these guys.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The rationale that these people use is silly as hell.

    "But...but...look at guys like Kaepernik, Wilson and RG3. They're running this read option stuff and it's working!"

    To which I reply, wake me up when Tebow is as dynamic of a runner or half as good in the pocket as any of these guys.
    Indeed. For as misguided as Demos is, he at least understands that Tim needs to improve. The others just have Tim's dick in their mouths all day long.

    I wouldn't mind as much if they didn't try to pass themselves off as Jet fans when they'll be gone the moment he's out the door and ONLY came here for him in the first place. Hell, one of them (a certain Jacksonville native) even said they would cheer Tebow on and hope he kicked our asses if he goes to another team. You also see them use things like the 2011 Denver game to try to make fun of the Jets. Yet, they call themselves Jet fans.

    Pathetic, really.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us