Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone actually think the Texans can beat the Pats?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone actually think the Texans can beat the Pats?

Anything is possible I suppose, but this game looks like a repeat of what we saw earlier this year.

If Foster runs for two hundred yards and the Texans sack Brady 5 times, I still don't see a scenario whereby the Pats don't score at least 30 points.

Please, someone tell me with heartfelt conviction that they honestly believe the Texans can knock off the Pats.

Don't bash the thread. If there is anyone who feels this way, and at least one "expert" from the networks thinks the Texans will win. I'll have to see it to believe it and then watch the game a second time on replay.

Anyone?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i do lets go texans.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hell no

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    At home? During a playoff game? No chance. Just gotta hope that the Ravens can beat them in the championship. I will happily eat crow if I'm wrong though.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any team can beat any other team on any given day.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats run this silly "read option" better than any team in the league. They have more points, first downs, or any other scoring method to a fan. What else do you want them to do?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Texans need to find a way to score 35+ points. if they do they'll win. This is another game that will end with the winner scoring 35+ points. Personally I think NE wins 34-23, maybe 37-27.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anyone gave the Jets a snowball's chance in hell in 2010 coming off a 45-3 ass-whooping the previous meeting.

Anything is possible.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    Anything is possible I suppose, but this game looks like a repeat of what we saw earlier this year.

If Foster runs for two hundred yards and the Texans sack Brady 5 times, I still don't see a scenario whereby the Pats don't score at least 30 points.

Please, someone tell me with heartfelt conviction that they honestly believe the Texans can knock off the Pats.

Don't bash the thread. If there is anyone who feels this way, and at least one "expert" from the networks thinks the Texans will win. I'll have to see it to believe it and then watch the game a second time on replay.

Anyone?
    No but I thought the Broncos were a 2 touchdown lock.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I do, I actually think they have a good chance. Brady hasn't played well in the playoffs against a good D since... I can't even think back that far... 2005 maybe?

Texans do everything you need to do in recent years to beat the Pats in the playoffs. Good D with a disruptive pass rush that can force Brady slightly off his game early. Great running attack. I have Pats 28-24, but I could easily see that going the other way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Yes, I do, I actually think they have a good chance. Brady hasn't played well in the playoffs against a good D since... I can't even think back that far... 2005 maybe?

Texans do everything you need to do in recent years to beat the Pats in the playoffs. Good D with a disruptive pass rush that can force Brady slightly off his game early. Great running attack. I have Pats 28-24, but I could easily see that going the other way.
    Didn't you just tell us all about how no one could possibly beat Peyton? I thought he was unstoppable. Maybe you should sit down and eat a goddamn snack. Your posts are often 12 year old Maddenesque. After every big game someone is the best of the best.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 01-13-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone?
    No, there is absolutely no chance at all that a team that is 13-4 this year has any chance at all against the Pats.

It would be a complete fantasy to think that the Pats could lose a home playoff game to a team that they blew out on MNF in December

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Didn't you just tell us all about how no one could possibly beat Peyton? I thought he was unstoppable. Maybe you should sit down and eat a goddamn snack. Your posts are often 12 year old Maddenesque. After every big game someone is the best of the best.
    I thought the Ravens would play competitively. Am I saying anything wrong? 2010 is on your mind. Texans absolutely can beat the Pats. They have the formula to do it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusPrime View Post
    At home? During a playoff game? No chance. Just gotta hope that the Ravens can beat them in the championship. I will happily eat crow if I'm wrong though.
    Jets were huge underdogs in 10 and did beat them at home.. Texas D will have to frustrate brady and not let him get in a groove.. They couldnt do that when the played them earlier in year and Pats quickly ran off with the game..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anybody think the Ravens would beat the Broncos? The playoffs are a different game from the regular season- don't write off the Texans.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Did anybody think the Ravens would beat the Broncos? The playoffs are a different game from the regular season- don't write off the Texans.
    I don't discount them because the Texans have an offense capable of scoring alot of points. Problem is they are soft when the pressure is on. They played a pisspoor CIN team and struggled. A dominant team should have dropped 40 points last week with all the opportunities they had. They were dominated by NE during the regular season and not because they don't have the talent but because they folded like a cheap tent. I usually am not one to be preaching "heart" or "drive" but man it seems like they have none when they need it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just don't see a Wade Philips defense stopping Brady. I'm pinning my hopes on a Raven win next week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can? Yes.

Will? No.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone?
    It's very possible the Texans can beat the Pats.