Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone actually think the Texans can beat the Pats?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You're saying that the refs don't favor Brady? Really? I suppose they don't favor the Steelers either.
    Yeah the refs favor Brady more than Aron Rogers and Peyton Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Yeah the refs favor Brady more than Aron Rogers and Peyton Manning.
    The Pats aren't playing Green Bay or Denver. They are playing Houston. And the refs most assuredly favor Brady over Schaub. Deliver similar hits against both QBs and guess which QB will draw the roughing flag 9 out of 10 times while the other doesn't get a break.

lets go texans.............

or is it leggo tex tex.

Banned
    The Pats aren't playing Green Bay or Denver. They are playing Houston. And the refs most assuredly favor Brady over Schaub. Deliver similar hits against both QBs and guess which QB will draw the roughing flag 9 out of 10 times while the other doesn't get a break.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the Refs get paid more favoring Brady.

Who ever said they get paid more? It's not an economic motive. Successful QBs get favored in the NFL. Period. Successful QBs who constantly whine at the officials get favored even more. This has been obvious for over a decade now.

The previous poster was simply 100% correct. Roll your little eyes all you want. Watch the games over a number of years, watch the plays against the Qb's. Refs are intimidated by the Pats, or brady or Belly. The Pats simply get the calls, and NO ONE calls for more penalties than Brady.

All League
    Have you been outed as a patsy troll yet? Honest question. I probably just missed it if its already happened.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    A few things:

- The Ravens team coming into Foxboro next week if the Pats win, is nothing like the Ravens team the Pats' lost to on the road at the beginning of the season Rice was a much better rusher then. Webb was playing.
    The Ravens are one more year removed from Rex Ryan's influence so they are better this year than ever before.

SAR I

Banned
    Who ever said they get paid more? It's not an economic motive. Successful QBs get favored in the NFL. Period. Successful QBs who constantly whine at the officials get favored even more. This has been obvious for over a decade now.
    This logic is false. Not all referee like QB who whined all the time. they can also penalize the QB who they think whining too much. The #1 priority of the refs is to make the right call so they don't look bad after the game period.

Threads like this are stupid because we all know any NFL team can beat another one.

I think what happened to the Broncos yesterday and what happened in 2010 makes it damn near impossible for the Patriots to overlook the Texans today.

The Texans may very well win (and if they do I think the Ravens get to the SB) but it won't be because the Patriots are planning the SB parade already.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The previous poster was simply 100% correct. Roll your little eyes all you want. Watch the games over a number of years, watch the plays against the Qb's. Refs are intimidated by the Pats, or brady or Belly. The Pats simply get the calls, and NO ONE calls for more penalties than Brady.
    Refs don't get paid by the Pats, don't get penalize by the pats, and they don't even have to listen to whatever the Pats say. As long as they make the right call why would they be intimidated?

This logic is false. Not all referee like QB who whined all the time. they can also penalize the QB who they think whining too much. The #1 priority of the refs is to make the right call so they don't look bad after the game period.
    If you can't see how much Brady is favored, then you are blind. If you see it and won't admit it, then you are obviously a Pats homer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    This is fan bias and not based on any statistics I've ever seen. Similarly, I see Pats fans screaming about Manning 'getting all the calls' on pats boards and it's bull**** there as well.

Take this article from 2011:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...vorites-092911

That season Brady got .16 roughing the passer flags for every 100 throws which put him 30th in the league.

The refs aren't intimidated by Belichick = this is a franchise which still has the spectre of spygate looming over it. Why would a league official be intimidated by them?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Have you been outed as a patsy troll yet? Honest question. I probably just missed it if its already happened.
    I don't care. I just call it as I see it.

Banned
    If you can't see how much Brady is favored, then you are blind. If you see it and won't admit it, then you are obviously a Pats homer.
    LOL... I'm not even defending the Pats or tom Brady. If you tell me the refs favor Peyton more than Brady i would defend Manning the same way. Not a pats homer at all.

Of course Brady, and all other elite QBs are "favored" (maybe if Marky Mark could complete more than 50% of his passes he would get a few more calls...). It's the notion that that plays a huge factor in the Pats' success. "No way the refs allow the Pats to lose," as if they completely control the game... they still have to actually, you know, play the damn game.

I've said this before, but if you really believe that a pro-Pats, anti-Jets agenda exists in the NFL and it's so strong that it actually changes the outcome of games, then why do you even watch or care. Go watch a movie or something, to you it's all fiction.

Lots of jealous haters going full retard in this thread.

All League
    You are simply 100% wrong. But don't let actual statistics trump your made up ones.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...vorites-092911

LOL... I'm not even defending the Pats or tom Brady. If you tell me the refs favor Peyton more than Brady i would defend Manning the same way. Not a pats homer at all.
    As I said. The Pats are not playing Manning. They are playing Houston. If you don't think the whiney Brady and Belichick get favored over Schaub and the Texans, then fine. Live the delusion of impartiality in the NFL. Imagination is a good thing to have. Enjoy the game. Hope Watt shoves Brady's face in the mud a few times. Even if he gets flagged.

Go Texans!

All League
    These dumb ass bandwagon trolls are funny!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    Anything is possible I suppose, but this game looks like a repeat of what we saw earlier this year.

If Foster runs for two hundred yards and the Texans sack Brady 5 times, I still don't see a scenario whereby the Pats don't score at least 30 points.

Please, someone tell me with heartfelt conviction that they honestly believe the Texans can knock off the Pats.

Don't bash the thread. If there is anyone who feels this way, and at least one "expert" from the networks thinks the Texans will win. I'll have to see it to believe it and then watch the game a second time on replay.

Anyone?
    I didn't think the Jets would beat the Pats in the playoffs because they got crushed 45-3 during their last regular season game. Been there done that...no more. I am cautiously optmistic of a win but the Texans aren't a bunch of dented cans.