Thread: Defense? We don't need no stinkin defense

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Defense? We don't need no stinkin defense

With over 140 points scored in 2 games Saturday I wonder what the hell happened to "defense wins championships"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Technically, the offenses haven't have the championship yet. DEFENSE UNDEFEATED IN 2013, SON.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear ya but I expect two high scoring games again today with the Pats and Falcons each putting up a lot of points. The real question is can the Ravens stops the Pats ???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I hear ya but I expect two high scoring games again today with the Pats and Falcons each putting up a lot of points. The real question is can the Ravens stops the Pats ???
    Put it this way, I don't think the Pats were high-fiving each other when the Ravens won.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The two teams with the better defenses (I know Denver ranked No.2, but I'm still taking Baltimore's D over theirs any day as long as Lewis roams the field) won their respective games. Baltimore's defense also accounted for a TD, picking off Manning twice and stripping him twice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Put it this way, I don't think the Pats were high-fiving each other when the Ravens won.
    The Denver D was ranked 4th and the Ravens 12th in points allowed plus the Pats used to hate playing in Denver.. No high fives but they rather play the Ravens in Foxboro..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The Denver D was ranked 4th and the Ravens 12th in points allowed plus the Pats used to hate playing in Denver.. No high fives but they rather play the Ravens in Foxboro..

Agreed, i rather have the pats play a home game than an away game any day.
    But first they got to get by the Texans

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Agreed, i rather have the pats play a home game than an away game any day.
    But first they got to get by the Texans
    Agree, always want to play at home, but think Ravens much the tougher opponent. Pats-Ravens always tough games, and Ravens won't be fazed by playing in Foxboro. Question for you......is this Chip Kelly waiting for Pats job as big a story in New England as it seemed to be in Oregon?