Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Gamble or Ross

  1. #1

    Gamble or Ross

    Caldwell would have been a good option but didn't want us!

    Disappointed that we've soured on Gamble & don't seem keen on Ross?

    I' 'll be livid if we hire Cohen or anyone who doesn't have a strong personnel background.

  2. #2
    I think the ship has sailed on all 3 guys to be honest. We've interviewed tons of candidates since then and I think a different name will be called.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Caldwell would have been a good option but didn't want us!

    Disappointed that we've soured on Gamble & don't seem keen on Ross?

    I' 'll be livid if we hire Cohen or anyone who doesn't have a strong personnel background.


    What if they promote Cohen and hire one of the other guys as the Asst GM in charge of talent evaluation or something like that?

    Cohen can work the numbers, someone else can bring in the talent?

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,935
    After watching SF it really puzzles me why Gamble hasn't gotten a job yet. I know there are reports that he was not good in the interviews. I really don't give a rat's a$$. I don't want another polished salesman, I want a personnel guy.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    After watching SF it really puzzles me why Gamble hasn't gotten a job yet. I know there are reports that he was not good in the interviews. I really don't give a rat's a$$. I don't want another polished salesman, I want a personnel guy.
    Agreed get him in here now!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I think the ship has sailed on all 3 guys to be honest. We've interviewed tons of candidates since then and I think a different name will be called.
    I hate to admit it but think you are right.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    After watching SF it really puzzles me why Gamble hasn't gotten a job yet. I know there are reports that he was not good in the interviews. I really don't give a rat's a$$. I don't want another polished salesman, I want a personnel guy.
    +1 plus the media report saying Gamble turned down other interviews just to focus on landing the Jets job tells me he wants the job.

  8. #8

    We are screwed

    Espn reports Sunday morning that Jerry d'angelo from the bears is high on the Jets list for GM

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Caldwell would have been a good option but didn't want us!

    Disappointed that we've soured on Gamble & don't seem keen on Ross?

    I' 'll be livid if we hire Cohen or anyone who doesn't have a strong personnel background.
    Id like to see a previous GM from the NFL level. Guess im a play it safe kind of guy. I like Jerry Angelo.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fumes View Post
    What if they promote Cohen and hire one of the other guys as the Asst GM in charge of talent evaluation or something like that?

    Cohen can work the numbers, someone else can bring in the talent?
    None of the guys we interviewed is goo g to come here and work for Cohen. Absolutely none.

    I have a better idea, why doesn't Woody pull his hea out of his @$$. Woody is not an expert at anything football related.

    Angelo depresses me almost as much as Cohen. SMH

  11. #11
    The media must have seriously overrated Gamble. Going into Black Monday every talking head in sports said Gamble was the #1 GM candidate that every team wanted. Now two weeks later he still available. League people must know or see something the media doesn't.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 20andout View Post
    The media must have seriously overrated Gamble. Going into Black Monday every talking head in sports said Gamble was the #1 GM candidate that every team wanted. Now two weeks later he still available. League people must know or see something the media doesn't.
    When it comes to hiring GMs the media usually knows about as much as they can Google. People who matter won't talk unless, I suppose, there's an angle to play. What I know about Gamble from my own meagre intel (some connections to 90s era members of the Jet organization) are emphatic thumbs up. He's competent, all football, and his career to date reflects that.

    Now from that info and from the Jets weirdness about TG it's my projection that Woody thinks he can find more from a GM than what he envisioned from Gamble in an interview - meaning Woody is probably susceptible to master salesmen (Hi Rex!).
    Last edited by sackdance; 01-13-2013 at 12:11 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    +1 plus the media report saying Gamble turned down other interviews just to focus on landing the Jets job tells me he wants the job.
    Sign him up now! niners look like beast and manhandled packers!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us