Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Get ready for Brian Gaine

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Bill Parcells doesn't qualify as a winner?
    When was the last time Parcells won?

Tired of the Jets getting their guidance and/or trying to link future success to the Parcells/BB tree.

This team should really try to do something different IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post

Tired of the Jets getting their guidance and/or trying to link future success to the Parcells/BB tree.

I totally agree.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I read this thread I am watching the NFL Network. They are discussing on how their 2012 draft was graded an F across the board. Every "expert" scratched their heads at who they picked... Today they are playing in the Divisional Round of the Playoffs and their first three picks have all contributed. (according to the report)

The truth is we are just guessing as fans as to who will be the best GM to come on board. We get sucked in with the sizzle, the idea being the our team will start to look like the team our new GM comes from. We have no idea about how involved these guys are or are not in the decisions their respective teams made the last few years... I think we get discouraged because Woody wants to find a GM who believes in Rex the same way he does. Truth is that is the best way to go if you are committing to Rex. You think you have a good coach, then surround him with everything you think he needs to become a great head coach. Like it or not, it seems that is the direction we are going in. While I am not so sure that keeping Rex and moving forward this way will be successful, I am convinced that we will find the best guy who fits that concept because of how much time and effort we are pouring into this search.

The outcome might not be what we all hope for but I believe Woody has a plan and is going to execute on it. The question will always be: Is this the right plan?
    Only time will give us those answers my fellow fans!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Bill Parcells doesn't qualify as a winner?
    No matter who the pick is people here will *****...and it's funny considering until a week or so ago 99% of this board never heard of any of these candidates...Screw what reputable writers that cover the NFL and interview NFL insiders say, people here with their 7 days of "knowledge" know it's a terrible hire...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forget Gaines.. Adam schefter on ESPN just said the Jets want to get a 2nd interview with Jerry Angelo- Apparently his interview went great

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And yet... statistically no better than Sanchez was +
    There were 3-4 guys selected after Tannehill who you could argue we're better values and played better this year - Wilson, Foles, Cousins, Weedon...
    Yep, no better statistically then sanchez, only more yards, better completion %, less Ints and less fumbles.

Oh and he was a rookie and our QB was in his 4th season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Give me a reason to get excited about a third-tier GM candidate that hasn't been involved in a winning program.

We've seen the Miami Dolphins 2007-2012 up close and personal. They suck, probably the worst team in the NFL. Why do we want a guy whose claim to fame is that team?

SAR I
    Have to agree with Sar here.

The dolphins have been a bad franchise and continue to be a bad franchise. I can't believe some of you are hyping him up based on Tannehill... Just because hes less awful than sanchez. How many Qbs have Miami gone through in the last 5 years? How about the rest of that Miami roster? One great top 3 draft pick and one cfl gem- what else?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    @AdamSchefter says that Jets will have follow up interviews with 2 of the GM candidates already interviewed. Says Jets are high on J Angelo

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Jets will hold follow-up discussions with at least two GM candidates they have interviewed. Name to watch: former Bears GM Jerry Angelo.

Bam!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    I don't care what they could be. I care what they are. And they're awful.
    Ridiculous logic. Look at all the hires to come out of NE that sucked.

Besides, Schefter hints that Angelo may be the front-runner. Stay tuned.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @AdamSchefter says that Jets will have follow up interviews with 2 of the GM candidates already interviewed. Says Jets are high on J Angelo

Jets will hold follow-up discussions with at least two GM candidates they have interviewed. Name to watch: former Bears GM Jerry Angelo.

Bam!
    Anybody have the skinny on Angelo?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Bam!
    Angelo is an experienced GM with some success on his résumé. But there are failures also. I guess it would be a good hire and certainly better than what we had.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

what the big deal, whats a few more yrs of losing. weve been losing for 44 yrs now. next, the 50th yr will be here before we know it. nothing changes with this team

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    My concern with Angelo is that he is a horrible drafter, and that is what is setting back out franchise currently.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Yep, no better statistically then sanchez, only more yards, better completion %, less Ints and less fumbles.

Oh and he was a rookie and our QB was in his 4th season.
    Ok, now go back to 2009 when Sanchez was a rookie and factor in his playoff experience and 2 road playoff wins.

True, we now know it means nothing... but to be fair most experts would prefer Sanchez based on their rookie years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Interviewed for Jets GM position that Bradway eventually got..So Woody knows him..Excellent reputation as a scout..GM? I compared him to Bradway. A better scout than GM but Bears did have some early success under him...JMO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Angelo

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interviewed for Jets GM position that Bradway eventually got..So Woody knows him..Excellent reputation as a scout..GM? I compared him to Bradway. A better scout than GM but Bears did have some early success under him...JMO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Angelo
    Thanks.

based on his 2009 trade for Cutler...I don't like him in general. 2 firsts, a third and a 5th?

NO ONE is worth that save a handful of players.

I would like to see us save our picks , draft the way we did in 2006 2007 .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Angelo built the Bears team that went to the Super Bowl a few years ago. Their core players were all guys he brought in.

He isn't a sexy choice, but a solid one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    what the big deal, whats a few more yrs of losing. weve been losing for 44 yrs now. next, the 50th yr will be here before we know it. nothing changes with this team
    I don't mind the losing if we are trying to push the envelope...

The frustrating part is that this team keeps trying the same the things and expects a different result.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    There have been many Woody sightings all over, so far it hasn't amounted to anything.
    Didn't the Jets Blog report 2 days after the search started that Gamble had the job locked up? Why yes it did!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    According to tony Pauline on the draft sight the jets don't want a strong personality at gm. Here's a quote on why things went sour with Tom gamble.

Tony_TFY
    Administrator
    gets worse by the minute...it was told to me the Jets don't "want a strong personality" at the GM position- part of the reason things did not go well with Gamble...it was described to me as a "sh!t show"...
    This could have led to some great fan signs on gamedays.