Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Get ready for Brian Gaine

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Angelo built the Bears team that went to the Super Bowl a few years ago. Their core players were all guys he brought in.

He isn't a sexy choice, but a solid one.

look at what he gave up for Cutler.....

But in general, I could live with the choice.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    When was the last time Parcells won?

Tired of the Jets getting their guidance and/or trying to link future success to the Parcells/BB tree.

This team should really try to do something different IMO.
    I'm not doing back flips about the guy, but do act like learning under Parcells is some sort of detriment is idiotic. I agree, they shouldn't strictly be going after the guy because of a connection to Parcells, but if he's a qualified candidate, which from everything I have read, he is highly thought of in NFL circles and has been tabbed a "future GM name" for a few years now, then he shouldn't be excluded because of that either.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unbelievable that Jerry Angelo now appears to be the front runner. Worst case scenario.

Absolutely has crippled the Bears in the past 5 years. Hasn't had a solid draft since about 2004.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    look at what he gave up for Cutler.....

But in general, I could live with the choice.
    Half this board was screaming for Tanny to make that move. You can't fault him for trying to bring in a guy with the potential that many believed Cutler had.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half this board was screaming for Tanny to make that move. You can't fault him for trying to bring in a guy with the potential that many believed Cutler had.
    I wanted Cutler too.. But NOT for 2 firsts, a fifth and a third as well as Orton.

THAT has crippled the bears.

Look at the post above yours.... A little strong BUT very anti Angelo.

I want someone who believes in the draft and player development.

I am tired of bringing in aging vets and trading away picks. Just one opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Unbelievable that Jerry Angelo now appears to be the front runner. Worst case scenario.

Absolutely has crippled the Bears in the past 5 years. Hasn't had a solid draft since about 2004.
    At least he's not Cohen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    At least he's not Cohen.
    **** that. I'd rather have Cohen, and I wouldn't even hesitate. Angelo is about as bad as we could do in my opinion.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bears felt like they were a QB away from winning a Superbowl... They mortgaged the future to go after it... They made two bad errors in judgement.
    Cutler is not the guy.
    They can't pass protect .

Both of those are open for debate and Martz could have been the problem but go either way and it still all falls on the GM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    According to tony Pauline on the draft sight the jets don't want a strong personality at gm. Here's a quote on why things went sour with Tom gamble.

Tony_TFY
    Administrator
    gets worse by the minute...it was told to me the Jets don't "want a strong personality" at the GM position- part of the reason things did not go well with Gamble...it was described to me as a "sh!t show"...
    If this is true then I would challenge my fellow jets fans who swore to me in another thread that Korn/Ferry would never allow the Jets to make a poor choice because it would sully the reputation of their firm.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Cohen or Angelo is hired, I will be absolutely sick to my stomach. I am content with any other candidate really. But of course being the Jets the aforementioned candidates seem to be getting the most hype.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    People really need to move on from Gamble.....he interviewed for like 5 different jobs and wasn't even a finalist for any of them. It's not just the Jets that wanted no part of him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    If Cohen or Angelo is hired, I will be absolutely sick to my stomach. I am content with any other candidate really. But of course being the Jets the aforementioned candidates seem to be getting the most hype.

I am curious as to why you dislike him so much. I am not saying that I disagree or agree, I could be swayed either way. I know he built a team that went to a Super Bowl and made a trade for a legitimate franchise QB. I am of the belief that you can win with Cutler if you can block for him!

So why are you so down on Angelo?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    I am curious as to why you dislike him so much. I am not saying that I disagree or agree, I could be swayed either way. I know he built a team that went to a Super Bowl and made a trade for a legitimate franchise QB. I am of the belief that you can win with Cutler if you can block for him!

Look at what he gave up for cutler and in another thread /post are his picks.

At one point the Bears went 3 years with no 1st round picks and plenty of busts.

he bankrupted the Bears.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I don't know, Gaine was the director of player personnel For Miami... Can't say they have put such a great product on the field.

Also not sure if this is the strong GM type who will be calling the shots...
    Hmmm...what spot they pick their QB vs. ours?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Has not drafted an offensive pro bowler since 04.

Has a terrible draft record

Gave up the farm for Cutler

I just believe he is an average GM at best, and this team needs new blood.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    I was told not to read much into Woody Johnson's plane being in Fla. today. Does not sound like he's picking up Gaine on the trip.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Has not drafted an offensive pro bowler since 04.

Has a terrible draft record

Gave up the farm for Cutler

I just believe he is an average GM at best, and this team needs new blood.
    Did he draft Forte?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyjet View Post
    Jetsblog reporting woody in Florida. Has connections to both Pep Hamilton and David Lee. Search winding down. Starting to become clear
    Ugh. NOT David Lee. No. No. No. Mr. Lee can take his wildcat and shove it up his........

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did he draft Forte?
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nit eventually. Look at his draft record and then come talk to me. It is horrific.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Look at what he gave up for cutler and in another thread /post are his picks.

At one point the Bears went 3 years with no 1st round picks and plenty of busts.

he bankrupted the Bears.
    I have no problem with selling out to acquire a franchise QB. And Phil Simms calls Cutler an elite QB. The Redskins paid a lot to move up to get their franchise QB.

But what I have an enormous issue with how Angelo could not provide a solid offensive line or weapons for him. Part of it was bad luck due to injuries to his first round OL choices. And I HATE mike martz as a OC because his schemes always leaves the QB vulnerable.