Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Shefter just reports Jerry Angelo high on the Jets list (merged)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Why does this organization continue to make ass backwards decisions? Why do they continue to be attracted to failure? I know its just tweet news and nothing concrete but you can't feel good with direction and focus this team is heading and it starts with the idiot owner at top.
    Why don't list the failure that they are continually attracted to? Continually right? so it should be an easy list to make right off the top of your head.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Why don't list the failure that they are continually attracted to? Continually right? so it should be an easy list to make right off the top of your head.
    It's because Woody has absolutely no instinct or feel on how to be an NFL owner. He absolutely wants to get this GM hire right, no doubt, but at the same time he probably doesn't want to take a chance on someone unproven. The best candidates out there are those type of guys though...which is why it makes sense Angelo is high on the list (he's been a GM before).

Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    This is an average hire by the Jets. If Jerry Angelo gets the job. You can spin his work in Chicago as positive or negative depending on how you look at it.

On the positive track besides the team's overall winning success. This is on Jerry Angelo's resume.

He drafted Charles Tillman(2nd round), Lance Briggs(3rd round), Danieal Manning(2nd round), Devin Hester(2nd round), Matt Forte(2nd round), Alex Brown(4th round), Corey Graham(5th round), Earl Bennett(3rd round), Johnny Knox(5th round), Lance Louis(7th round),Kyle Orton(4th round), J'Marcus Webb(7th round).

He traded for Jay Cutler and signed Julius Peppers.Many of the best players on the Bears current roster and during their superbowl run are courtesy of Jerry Angelo's moves.

The Bears fans hate Angelo. To me, his track record suggest that he wasn't as bad as they painted him out to be. The team was competitive and winning and many of the players he drafted, traded for or signed are some of the greatest Bears of all time at their respective positions. Jay Cutler, Matt Forter, Julius Peppers, Devin Hester, Lance Briggs and Charles Tillman. Having those guys on your resume is not exactly a bad thing.
    +1 would be an above avg hire considering everything

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I like this quote from Angelo I found on Wiki

In an interview in January 2009, he stated, “It’s all about the quarterback... You don’t win because of wide receivers. You don’t win because of running backs. You win because of the quarterback. We have to get that position stabilized. We’re fixated on that.”
    This is the biggest thing that makes me ok with Angelo. This quote shows he gets it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    It's because Woody has absolutely no instinct or feel on how to be an NFL owner. He absolutely wants to get this GM hire right, no doubt, but at the same time he probably doesn't want to take a chance on someone unproven. The best candidates out there are those type of guys though...which is why it makes sense Angelo is high on the list (he's been a GM before).
    That in no way constitutes a list of the failure we continue to be attracted to.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    This is the biggest thing that makes me ok with Angelo. This quote shows he gets it.
    Gets it, yeah maybe... but I'd be more impressed if he could identify one.

F'ing Jay Cutler?
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 01-13-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hiring Jerry Angelo to me would be like hiring a lounge singer to be your headline act at a hip downtown bar.

He's a human bobblehead ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Well I guess you could say alot of Jet fans are revolting..
    +1