Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/13

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Tweets & News 1/13

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Jets will hold follow-up discussions with at least two GM candidates they have interviewed. Name to watch: former Bears GM Jerry Angelo.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Hank Gola chimes in on Peter Tebow's reaction to Peyton Manning & Broncos losing to Ravens last night. Column: http://nydn.us/Xv18sN #nyj

This is great RT @TheBigLead RT @tyduffy: Peyton Manning Waited To Congratulate Ray Lewis After Playoff Loss to Ravens http://is.gd/I8pH1a

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    @AdamSchefter says that Jets will have follow up interviews with 2 of the GM candidates already interviewed. Says Jets are high on J Angelo

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Per @AdamSchefter the #jets are high on Angelo, and the team will hold follow-up interviews with 2 candidates.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    My guess is Angelo and Gaine?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My guess is Angelo and Gaine?
    Probably. Gamble dropped off the radar, Popp doesn't seem to be getting much buzz, and Ross and Cohen have all but vanished.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are targeting David Lee to be their next QBs coach. Story: http://nydn.us/UZYDlw #nyj

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every day it just gets worse and worse to be a Jets fan. Patriots now have the easiest path possible to the SB, we are considering "cant draft" angelo or "parcells failure tree" gaine. The news is NEVER good, every f'ing day.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We all want a ray of hope...Jed Hughes....

I assure you that there are no leaks coming out of Korn Ferry... The business is too important to let that happen. Therefore everyone speculates based on what they get from candidates, their agents, or people inside the Jets.

Hughes is going to play a bigger role in all of this than just lining up candidates. He understands what Woody wants to accomplish and I am sure his recommendation will be what best fits that. We need to rebuild our offense and Angelo has failed miserably at doing that with the Bears. I would think that Hughes will point that out to Woody.

Hughes seems to have done a nice job with the Seahawks search and I am confident he will recommend the right guy to fit what Woody is trying to accomplish... Woody's plan is certainly open for debate and scrutiny. He owns the team, it is his call. We will see!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    I was told last week Cohen was the leading candidate. That was before Angelo interviewed. Regardless, Woody is still very high on Cohen...

I would say (in no particular order), Gaine, Cohen and Angelo are the finalists for the #Jets GM job. #nyj

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I was told last week Cohen was the leading candidate. That was before Angelo interviewed. Regardless, Woody is still very high on Cohen...

I would say (in no particular order), Gaine, Cohen and Angelo are the finalists for the #Jets GM job. #nyj
    How credible is Stieny actually?

And I would only be content with Gainer from that list. 66.6% chance of screwing this up......yup!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

And I would only be content with Gainer from that list. 66.6% chance of screwing this up......yup!
    Well, he apparently covers the Jets for SNY and is followed by Cimini, Namath, and Mortensen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Steinberg has no credibility, his summer roster "locks" were worse than sideshow bob's predictions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Steinberg has no credibility, his summer roster "locks" were worse than sideshow bob's predictions.
    +1

And he goes overboard trying to be friends with players on twitter to the point he sounds like a 15 year old girl...I stopped following him..He's a joke

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    +1

And he goes overboard trying to be friends with players on twitter to the point he sounds like a 15 year old girl...I stopped following him..He's a joke
    Is he? You'll have to forgive me, I'm not as seasoned to the twitter game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz I was told not to read much into Woody Johnson's plane being in Fla. today. Does not sound like he's picking up Gaine on the trip.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    I was told not to read much into Woody Johnson's plane being in Fla. today. Does not sound like he's picking up Gaine on the trip.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks I actually like Gaine. Watch us be stuck with Cohen or Angelo ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    please no cohen, we need to move forward not laterally

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks I actually like Gaine. Watch us be stuck with Cohen or Angelo ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    I did too...Gaine or Idzik will work for me since Popp wasn't interviewed (at least via reports)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I did too...Gaine or Idzik will work for me since Popp wasn't interviewed (at least via reports)
    Yeah. As soon as it was discovered that Popp did not directly work with the cap, his image was sullied.