Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/13

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    If the Jets have named GM finalists, they haven't told any of them yet. Ex-Denver GM Ted Sundquist is also among those who interviewed there
    I'm starting to smell a smokescreen going on here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This would be a demotion for Sparano.

Sutton was here long before Rex.

And Pettine is a lateral move.

Not exactly a bona fide coaching tree.
    I've never had nor would I have a problem with Wrecks choosing defensive coaches. After all, that's his strength.

It's his choosing offensive coaches I would have a problem with.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Potentially could be the 4th coach under Rex this year that has found another job, along with Pettine, Sutton, and asst D-line coach.

Interesting that Rex is considered bad in forming staffs yet people under him are getting hired.
    The 3 that have been hired are defensive coaches. No surprise or revelation there.

If Sparano gets an OL job, that means in less than 3 years, he's gone from head coach to offensive coordinator to OL coach...

Tony, you're moving in the wrong direction!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    Exactly, because the reality of it is that a new GM would need to bring in his own scouting department for the draft prospects. The reality is, if the Jets are telling GM's that he also has to keep Bradway and the other guy's currently making the decision's could be another reason candidates are hard to come by in essence leaning in the direction of Scott Cohen who is currently working with these guys.
    Interested in seeing what happens here. My expectation is that someone is in no later than Tuesday.
    Honestly, Cohen may be the best option at this point. Give him a 3yr contract nd see what happens

I love how the jets have said nothing and everyone is freaking out and speculating. This should be the new standard for this organization. Say nothing Ever bout Anything then just do it. Fans and media be damned. Pats do it, Giants do it...winning franchise honestly don't care for the opinions of the fans or the media. Looks like Woody has finally grown up as an owner.

SportsPickle ‏@sportspickle
    Jim Nantz and Phil Simms both just said "swag." It's official. That word is no longer cool.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    Honestly, Cohen may be the best option at this point. Give him a 3yr contract nd see what happens
    or....

Give him a one year deal and be prepared to clean house from GM all the way down to the guy who gets coffee.

The cap will be better, new GM can build his team from the bottom up.

Plus, now that we have already reached out to every single potential GM in the league, we should be able to do it rather quickly. Instead of going into week 3 of our search.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He did at one time. Who's responsible for the "cap hell" we're currently in?
    So assuming he didn't make that idiotic move to extend Sanchez we'd be in solid shape this year and then excellent shape next year. As it stands next year will be really really good as far as cap shape.

His player evaluation has led to some of the issues we faced. He doubled down on Pace and Scott, when had he left the contracts as is, he couldn't have cut them prior to this season and been a player in FA. Additionally poor drafting killed the ability to maintain the team. If Wilson plays like Wilkerson, we are able to jump out of the Cro contract with no worries or maybe we even move Revis a year sooner, who knows. It was his terrible player eval that killed the cap. The contracts themselves (as originally created, not after the reworks) were really well designed.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    So assuming he didn't make that idiotic move to extend Sanchez we'd be in solid shape this year and then excellent shape next year. As it stands next year will be really really good as far as cap shape.

His player evaluation has led to some of the issues we faced. He doubled down on Pace and Scott, when had he left the contracts as is, he couldn't have cut them prior to this season and been a player in FA. Additionally poor drafting killed the ability to maintain the team. If Wilson plays like Wilkerson, we are able to jump out of the Cro contract with no worries or maybe we even move Revis a year sooner, who knows. It was his terrible player eval that killed the cap. The contracts themselves (as originally created, not after the reworks) were really well designed.
    But you have to look at the reworks as well when evaluating how he structured contracts.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    If the Jets have named GM finalists, they haven't told any of them yet. Ex-Denver GM Ted Sundquist is also among those who interviewed there
    Right Jason - because you have spoken to all of them, personally?

From our three finalists these are my rankings.

1. Khan

2. Cohen (Only because after we bomb next season, there will finally be a complete organizational change.)

999. Angelo (Because the guy does not know how the NFL draft operates.)

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    no extension...maybe a pay raise..but no extension..if rex bombs again then woody gets to clean house next year..front office and coaching staff...

Perhaps the delay and apparent "smoke signal" has something to do with the person(s) the Jets are targeting may happen to be part of an organization that is still involved in the playoffs? I know this has nothing to do with coaching, but perhaps there is more to this notion that not?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Perhaps the delay and apparent "smoke signal" has something to do with the person(s) the Jets are targeting may happen to be part of an organization that is still involved in the playoffs? I know this has nothing to do with coaching, but perhaps there is more to this notion that not?
    I've been wondering that with Gamble.

I've been wondering that with Gamble.
    The Jets interviewed the strongest candidates first.

Certain people have openly asked for the job.

I don't see how there isn't something more than what we know and what the experts are reporting that they can't give the job away.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    It could based on the team..But Caldwell was announced and ATL was (is) still alive....Dorsey to KC was announced before GB was eliminated IIRC...

Fact remains we very well may be landing Cohen or Angelo........

Let us pray to the football gods this does not occur!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trtfyNvS30I

But you have to look at the reworks as well when evaluating how he structured contracts.
    http://nyjetscap.com/2012_Articles/cpmgmt2.html

Really nice article written by our own Jason. Figure I would link it because the article is pretty large to quote and I think he'd appreciate an extra hit for his website.
    Last edited by TheMo; 01-13-2013 at 09:07 PM.

John Clark NBC10 ‏@johnclarknbc10
    A league source tells me Brian Billick wanted Mike Pettine to be his defensive coordinator if he got Eagles job, until Pettine went to Bills

John Clark NBC10 ‏@johnclarknbc10
    A league source tells me Brian Billick wanted Mike Pettine to be his defensive coordinator if he got Eagles job, until Pettine went to Bills
    I just saw that. lel.