Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Per Glazer Jets Calling Back GM Candidates that Turned Jets Down to Reconsider

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    If that's the case, that should be deemed invasion of privacy there.
    He was on a public beach, letting it all hang out for the world to see. How is that invasion of privacy?

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    He was on a public beach, letting it all hang out for the world to see. How is that invasion of privacy?
    I was referring to someone snapping a picture and selling it to the tabloids...err, I mean NY Post/Daily News.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And what does THAT tell you?

Sorry to disappoint you but his response was to CMart's question, which was, "What is Rex and his coaching staff's reputation around the league at developing players? I don't think Rex is the greatest at developing players, he's spotty in that area but there's no question he's a very good defensive coach. Tony wasn't saying that Rex is respected around the league as a good head coach. Sorry. I don't know why there's this need to search for tidbits to defend Ryan's HCing ability. It speaks for itself in the last 2 years. I'm not saying he's terrible. He's just not in the "good" category as a HC.
    He clearly states that Rex is a "very good coach" and Tannenbaum is an idiot.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    He clearly states that Rex is a "very good coach" and Tannenbaum is an idiot.
    CMart: "What is Rex and his coaching staff's reputation around the league at developing players?

Tony Pauline: very good coach and has done a great job developing players but too "buddy-buddy" with too many that interferes with his coaching; from not disciplining players to some of his hires.

Nothing was ever asked or mentioned about Ryan as a head coach nor did he say that Ryan has the respect around the league as a head coach.

Spin it all you want. That was not said nor implied. In fact, the last part of the sentence after the "but" tells me just the opposite as to Ryan's abilities and effectiveness as a HEAD coach.

If you want, ask Tony Pauline yourself specifically about Ryan's respect around the league as a head coach. There's more to being a head coach than just coaching and developing players. Ryan's a very good DC. On that you will get no argument from me.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There is no 'football expertise' or 'credibility' on a fan discussion forum. Might as well seek sports bars for your 'credible' football talk.

I don't like Mark Sanchez. I merely feel that we owe it to ourselves to give him another look with a rebuilt offense, new coordinator, and new QB coach.

If you two knew anything about playoff football, you'd know that Mark Sanchez stacks up very nicely and played very well. Just like you think Rex Ryan deserves another chance based on his postseason success, so too does Mark Sanchez.

SAR I
    I once thought of Sanchez the way you do!Then i got got off the drugs and my rational thinking and common knowledge returned!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This is what happens when you force a HC on people. I don't care what Glazer says. The cap situation is an easy PC target.

Common sense.

Many of us have been worried about this since the beginning.
    Agree with you entirely. If a top notch GM was given the power to build this team from the bottom up, and hire his OWN coach, I think it would have been an attractive job.

Just spin

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There is no 'football expertise' or 'credibility' on a fan discussion forum. Might as well seek sports bars for your 'credible' football talk.

I don't like Mark Sanchez. I merely feel that we owe it to ourselves to give him another look with a rebuilt offense, new coordinator, and new QB coach.

If you two knew anything about playoff football, you'd know that Mark Sanchez stacks up very nicely and played very well. Just like you think Rex Ryan deserves another chance based on his postseason success, so too does Mark Sanchez.

SAR I
    You can argue whether the last two years of bad offense was due to bad coaching either way.You can't argue, and it was plain for the eyes to see that our offense suffered in large part to horrible QB play, you can't in good conscience say anything to the contrary.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    You can argue whether the last two years of bad offense was due to bad coaching either way.You can't argue, and it was plain for the eyes to see that our offense suffered in large part to horrible QB play, you can't in good conscience say anything to the contrary.
    Like Westhoff alluded to. It was a combination of things. It doesn't all fall on Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Rex doesn't hang out at public beaches. It was poolside of some ritzy hotel. And even if it was a beach - there is some assumption of privacy, of not having photographers spying on you with telephoto lenses and taking your picture for the papers.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Rex doesn't hang out at public beaches. It was poolside of some ritzy hotel. And even if it was a beach - there is some assumption of privacy, of not having photographers spying on you with telephoto lenses and taking your picture for the papers.
    Still doesn't make it illegal. Invasion of privacy would be looking through the peephole of his hotel room. If snapping candid pictures like the Rex tattoo were illegal, every paparazzi would be in jail.

In one aspect

Like Westhoff alluded to. It was a combination of things. It doesn't all fall on Sanchez.
    In one way jordy i agree with that. The passing offense was affected by injuries and pass protection problems. What turned me off on sanchez for the last time was the turnovers. The same stuff he was doing as a rookie, he's still doing. He's a turnover machine.

CMart: "What is Rex and his coaching staff's reputation around the league at developing players?

Tony Pauline: very good coach and has done a great job developing players but too "buddy-buddy" with too many that interferes with his coaching; from not disciplining players to some of his hires.

Nothing was ever asked or mentioned about Ryan as a head coach nor did he say that Ryan has the respect around the league as a head coach.

Spin it all you want. That was not said nor implied. In fact, the last part of the sentence after the "but" tells me just the opposite as to Ryan's abilities and effectiveness as a HEAD coach.

If you want, ask Tony Pauline yourself specifically about Ryan's respect around the league as a head coach. There's more to being a head coach than just coaching and developing players. Ryan's a very good DC. On that you will get no argument from me.
    Read the entire sentence. He's talking about Rex as a head coach. Unless Ryan was making hires when he was a defensive coordinator? And why would he be talking about Rex as a defensive coordinator? That question was asked recently, while Rex was a head coach. Didn't he specifically mention Rex's development of Devito? Was Rex Devito's defensive coordinator? No. He was his head coach. You're doing the spinning here.