Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Per Glazer Jets Calling Back GM Candidates that Turned Jets Down to Reconsider

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Works for me. I want Jadeveon Clowney and that will assure a 2-14 record, the #1 pick and Rex's exit..
    So we get Clowney, build a stud defense, and will still be lucky to score 10 points a game?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Works for me. I want Jadeveon Clowney and that will assure a 2-14 record, the #1 pick and Rex's exit..
    The jets are expected to do nothing next year. So if they do what is expected what makes you think Rex will be fired? Especially when Woody has already stated that Rex doesn't necessarily have to win to keep his job.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    First of all this is not the first time an HC has been in place before the GM. Secondly - why bother interviewing if you have a problem with Rex being part office deal, especially when you know this prior to the interview?
    Maybe they don't know how much say Ryan will have in personnel decisions until Woody informs them at the interview.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Plenty of people talk. And you're just using Rex as the reason because you want to see him gone.
    I didnt draw that conclusion. I offered up an explanation as to why we might not have heard concrete info regarding why guys declined the GM job.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You must have missed all the posts that indicated that Ryan and Glazer are close friends? Which is true. Not because it was posted.

Considering that he's the only guy who's actually come out and said Rex isn't the reason is quite telling.
    And that means Glazer is making things up? To my knowledge, Glazer has never made anything up and is very professional. Even if Rex is a friend, he doesn't have to go out there and make a story up. He could just keep his mouth shut.

Also, someone here just posted that Tony Pauline confirmed that Rex is not the issue.

Again, there is no evidence that Rex is a problem. Rex is a good coach. Is he a buffoon? He can be, but he's still a good coach.

What's the biggest problem with the NY Jets? Mark Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Vegas taking bets on this GM search?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    The jets are expected to do nothing next year. So if they do what is expected what makes you think Rex will be fired? Especially when Woody has already stated that Rex doesn't necessarily have to win to keep his job.
    you're right..with this clueless owner no logical thought process should be assumed..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they don't know how much say Ryan will have in personnel decisions until Woody informs them at the interview.
    Nope. At the presser Woody said the gm picks the players and Rex picks the coaches. Of course that's if you believe Woody....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    And that means Glazer is making things up? To my knowledge, Glazer has never made anything up and is very professional. Even if Rex is a friend, he doesn't have to go out there and make a story up. He could just keep his mouth shut.

Also, someone here just posted that Tony Pauline confirmed that Rex is not the issue.

Again, there is no evidence that Rex is a problem. Rex is a good coach. Is he a buffoon? He can be, but he's still a good coach.

And I'm still waiting for the link to Pauline's comment.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teddy Bridgewater please

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I'm still waiting for the link to Pauline's comment.
    It's in the draft forum. Said it not too long ago.

On my phone, so I'll have to search for it later

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

And Glazer also said that the Jets “can’t give the position (GM) away.”

Which one do you prefer?

Personally, the whole situation makes me physically ill.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny the cap guru left us in such good shape. Cap hell and the worst players in Sanchez and holmes on deals we can't get out from under. Begging people to come to us smacks of the beggin we have down before.

This will not end well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So we get Clowney, build a stud defense, and will still be lucky to score 10 points a game?
    When did the draft become 1 round..and I guess from your concern the Jets are bypassing the 2013 draft all together...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    When did the draft become 1 round..and I guess from your concern the Jets are bypassing the 2013 draft all together...
    If we end up with a Top 3 pick next year and take Clowney over someone like Bridgewater or Manziel, then holy sh*t.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we end up with a Top 3 pick next year and take Clowney over someone like Bridgewater or Manziel, then holy sh*t.
    Clowney is definitely the pick over those two guys... Great college players but those two will not make it in the NFL!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Clowney is definitely the pick over those two guys... Great college players but those two will not make it in the NFL!!!!
    Are you serious?

I doubt you have watched either of them. Both have potential to be great QB's in the league

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Are you serious?

I doubt you have watched either of them. Both have potential to be great QB's in the league
    I have watched both... I think Bridgewater has a poor release and bad mechanics... Johnny football is too short and does not have the arm. JMO, which means jack **** in the overall scheme of things... Clowney is a can't miss guy in my opinion and if you have the choice you go with him!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Why the hell everyone wants to follow the '85 Bears/'00 Ravens model is baffling to me.

Even Rex has come to grips with that sh*t not working anymore.

Is Clowney a great prospect? Sure he is. Best defensive prospect in recent memory.

But I don't give a sh*t about trying to build some super unit defense while our offense continues to struggle to sustain a single scoring drive.

Get a QB for f*ck sake.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why the hell everyone wants to follow the '85 Bears/'00 Ravens model is baffling to me.

Even Rex has come to grips with that sh*t not working anymore.

Is Clowney a great prospect? Sure he is. Best defensive prospect in recent memory.

But I don't give a sh*t about trying to build some super unit defense while our offense continues to struggle to sustain a single scoring drive.

Get a QB for f*ck sake.
    I am not for a super D. I just am not as high on those two QBs at this time as I am on Clowney... I don't believe you force the issue with QB... There are plenty of journeymen QBs out there you can go after, You miss with a top 5 pick and it sets you back pretty far... Again JMO !!!