Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Per Glazer Jets Calling Back GM Candidates that Turned Jets Down to Reconsider

the media did not follow rex down there. The pictures where taken by more than likely Jet fans or football fans then sent to media outlets. If they where following him I would have thought someone there would have asked him questions and gottent the typical "no Comment" If They did the confrence after the season this would have been a non issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I think one thing should be made clear.

If the "circus" is keeping candidates away, it's not the Jets "circus".

It's the circus like atmosphere that the media creates.

Why would a GM want to come here, when there's a threat that reporters will follow him on vacation and snap pictures? Or try to dig into their personal lives to find something to create a story out of and further trump their "circus" story line.

The Jets aren't a circus, its the media.

For God's sake, Woody, just let the guy have coach whoever he wants.

They can be PC and say it's not Rex, but Rex fosters this "circus."

What a joke. They can't even get somebody to agree to be their GM.

It looks like we may have picked the wrong year to fire tannenbaum. Part of me wonders if woody wishes he could bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    It looks like we may have picked the wrong year to fire tannenbaum. Part of me wonders if woody wishes he could bring him back.
    It's great to fire a guy and upgrade. It's a cluster**** when you fire a guy and bring in some other boob. Reminds me of when the Chargers fired Schottenheimer and brought in Norv.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    For God's sake, Woody, just let the guy have coach whoever he wants.

They can be PC and say it's not Rex, but Rex fosters this "circus."

What a joke. They can't even get somebody to agree to be their GM.
    This is the JETS of the Early 90s. When they hired Coslett....NO ONE wanted the job.

So we again have Jets fans, some more then others, spending hours speculating on a situation they have no clue about.

Again I say, " let it play out and see what the results brings".
    If Rex falls flat on his face, well then he is gone and all the fire Rex folks will be in all there glory with a cap situation finally cleared up any ready to work.

On the other hand if Rex is successful, then you folks can spend all of next off season telling anyone who will listen, how now that the cap is cleared out, we should still get rid of Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    It looks like we may have picked the wrong year to fire tannenbaum.

Agreed. The right year was 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by sec318 View Post
    the media did not follow rex down there. The pictures where taken by more than likely Jet fans or football fans then sent to media outlets. If they where following him I would have thought someone there would have asked him questions and gottent the typical "no Comment" If They did the confrence after the season this would have been a non issue.
    Actually, that's untrue. I'm not going to bother giving that trash pubication the NYDN any hits, but a NYDN reporter - who Rex apparently recognized - approached him. The quote in the article by the reporter from Rex: "Oh s---." So actually, they stalked him while he was on his vacation.

im as aggravated as anyone else here but this is the jets and we are the most resilent fans in the nfl.

it seems this guy could be our next gm with the way woody and rex run the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Polian. It's obvious.
    Yes, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by sec318 View Post
    If that's the case, that should be deemed invasion of privacy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And I'm still waiting for the link to Pauline's comment.
    Here is the link and quote from Tony Pauline about Rex & Tanny

http://www.draftinsider.net/forum/sh...stion-for-Tony

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What is Rex and his coaching staff's reputation around the league at developing players?

As I've posted on JI today I have serious question regarding Rex and his staff at developing players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_TFY View Post
    1- very good coach and has done a great job developing players (guy like Mike DeVito to Kelly Gregg) but too "buddy-buddy" with too many that interferes with his coaching; from not disciplining players to some of his hires....i was sitting there at Senior Bowl practice listening to people laugh as the Jets were hiring retreads the Dolphins had just fired...

2- the bigger issue from league insiders is Tannenbaum, and its been for a while....general belief he does not know what he's doing and should not be in the decision making position he is..constantly hear "they have an accountant making football decisions"...
    See. Just because a couple of wishful thinking posters on JI hate Rex and think he's a joke and a terrible coach doesn't mean that everybody else feels the same way. Yes he has his flaws, but he is still pretty much respected around the league.

Again, I've had it with this search. So many conflicting reports saying one thing and then another. It feels like an eternity when this began. Just get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Again, I've had it with this search. So many conflicting reports saying one thing and then another. It feels like an eternity when this began. Just get it over with.
    I think now that the delay/problem is Woody not being sure what he wants. At first it was just personnel guys he was interviewing, now it is cap guys. I doubt teams will let their guys go for lateral moves so khan and the guy from Seattle puzzle me.

I don't think he has a vision of what he wants the position to entail. Right from the start I thought the organization needed a Director of Football ops guy. I thought Marty and still do. But Polian, Wolf, Peterson, Acorsi, somebody along that line. Woody seems to be swayed by the last guy he talks to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Tom Gamble wont be the Jets GM.

Tony Pauline reported that the interview did not go well, and its mainly because the Jets don't want a GM with a strong personality.
    And what does THAT tell you?
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Here is the link and quote from Tony Pauline about Rex & Tanny

http://www.draftinsider.net/forum/sh...stion-for-Tony

See. Just because a couple of wishful thinking posters on JI hate Rex and think he's a joke and a terrible coach doesn't mean that everybody else feels the same way. Yes he has his flaws, but he is still pretty much respected around the league.
    Sorry to disappoint you but his response was to CMart's question, which was, "What is Rex and his coaching staff's reputation around the league at developing players? I don't think Rex is the greatest at developing players, he's spotty in that area but there's no question he's a very good defensive coach. Tony wasn't saying that Rex is respected around the league as a good head coach. Sorry. I don't know why there's this need to search for tidbits to defend Ryan's HCing ability. It speaks for itself in the last 2 years. I'm not saying he's terrible. He's just not in the "good" category as a HC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I think now that the delay/problem is Woody not being sure what he wants. At first it was just personnel guys he was interviewing, now it is cap guys. I doubt teams will let their guys go for lateral moves so khan and the guy from Seattle puzzle me.

I don't think he has a vision of what he wants the position to entail. Right from the start I thought the organization needed a Director of Football ops guy. I thought Marty and still do. But Polian, Wolf, Peterson, Acorsi, somebody along that line. Woody seems to be swayed by the last guy he talks to.
    Let's add to that he doesn't want a GM with a strong personality!

WTF does THAT mean?

I read it as he wants his HC to maintain some control over personnel decisions. Which, if true, is ****ed up!

Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Who are you again and why do I care what you think?

SAR I
    You like Sanchez, nuff said, that pretty much sums up the extent of your football knowledge

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    You like Sanchez, nuff said, that pretty much sums up the extent of your football knowledge
    Yep that pretty much ruins his credibility!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And what does THAT tell you?

Sorry to disappoint you but his response was to CMart's question, which was, "What is Rex and his coaching staff's reputation around the league at developing players? I don't think Rex is the greatest at developing players, he's spotty in that area but there's no question he's a very good defensive coach. Tony wasn't saying that Rex is respected around the league as a good head coach. Sorry. I don't know why there's this need to search for tidbits to defend Ryan's HCing ability. It speaks for itself in the last 2 years. I'm not saying he's terrible. He's just not in the "good" category as a HC.
    Yep. I tried to get clarification as a HC but unable to receive it. Also the two development examples were DL. We all know D and DL are Rex's forte.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1223 View Post
    Yep that pretty much ruins his credibility!
    There is no 'football expertise' or 'credibility' on a fan discussion forum. Might as well seek sports bars for your 'credible' football talk.

I don't like Mark Sanchez. I merely feel that we owe it to ourselves to give him another look with a rebuilt offense, new coordinator, and new QB coach.

If you two knew anything about playoff football, you'd know that Mark Sanchez stacks up very nicely and played very well. Just like you think Rex Ryan deserves another chance based on his postseason success, so too does Mark Sanchez.

SAR I