Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 232

Thread: Per Glazer Jets Calling Back GM Candidates that Turned Jets Down to Reconsider

  1. #181
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I have watched both... I think Bridgewater has a poor release and bad mechanics... Johnny football is too short and does not have the arm. JMO, which means jack **** in the overall scheme of things... Clowney is a can't miss guy in my opinion and if you have the choice you go with him!
    I saw a rocket arm vs. Oklahoma. I saw a guy who rolled out to his left and threw a laser back to the right side of the field.

    I think the one area he needs to work on is his touch on the long ball.

    But I don't know how you can say he doesn't have the arm.

    I agree that his height is a concern but he IS an inch taller than Brees. So it's not impossible.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And Glazer also said that the Jets “can’t give the position (GM) away.”

    Which one do you prefer?

    Personally, the whole situation makes me physically ill.
    So, you're going to cherry pick and say one of his statements is true and one of them isn't? Not very good, Jordy.

    Glazer explained why they can't give it away, and it's not Rex. Last week, they couldn't give the QB coach position away, either. That wasn't because of Rex, either.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I have watched both... I think Bridgewater has a poor release and bad mechanics... Johnny football is too short and does not have the arm. JMO, which means jack **** in the overall scheme of things... Clowney is a can't miss guy in my opinion and if you have the choice you go with him!
    Conk, sorry I made the original comment. It was basically made tongue in cheek but now it's taking on a life of it's own..Apologies for getting you wrapped up in it..I'm stepping out of it considering it's a mere 15 months away...

  4. #184
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    You miss with a top 5 pick and it sets you back pretty far... Again JMO !!!
    What makes you say that?

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I saw a rocket arm vs. Oklahoma. I saw a guy who rolled out to his left and threw a laser back to the right side of the field.

    I think the one area he needs to work on is his touch on the long ball.

    But I don't know how you can say he doesn't have the arm.

    I agree that his height is a concern but he IS an inch taller than Brees. So it's not impossible.
    We have an entire additional season to see him and evaluate... Brees with legs is what you would hope for... I don't believe in the Robert Griffin, Russell Wilson, Kaepernick types... Give the NFL a year to review film and they will find ways to slow these guys down. They will all need to become dynamic pocket passers who make plays with their feet from time to time... The read option in the NFL will not last for long IMO...

  6. #186
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    So, you're going to cherry pick and say one of his statements is true and one of them isn't? Not very good, Jordy.

    Glazer explained why they can't give it away, and it's not Rex. Last week, they couldn't give the QB coach position away, either. That wasn't because of Rex, either.
    No. I think, unlike you, that he is helping to put his friend Ryan in a good light by saying that he doesn't think that Ryan is the reason that the Jets are having trouble finding a GM. That's all. Is he lying? No. I think he's stating his opinion. I highly doubt he knows for sure because of what's been said here several times already. And that is, no GM candidate is going to make a comment to anyone (other than his wife) that he's not taking the job because of Rex Ryan. That would be suicide.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Conk, sorry I made the original comment. It was basically made tongue in cheek but now it's taking on a life of it's own..Apologies for getting you wrapped up in it..I'm stepping out of it considering it's a mere 15 months away...
    This is the stuff I love on this board... We all have our opinions and as long as nobody makes it personal, it is what this site is all about...Heading out now to go see Zero Dark Thirty!!!!

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    No. I think, unlike you, that he is helping to put his friend Ryan in a good light by saying that he doesn't think that Ryan is the reason that the Jets are having trouble finding a GM. That's all. Is he lying? No. I think he's stating his opinion. I highly doubt he knows for sure because of what's been said here several times already. And that is, no GM candidate is going to make a comment to anyone (other than his wife) that he's not taking the job because of Rex Ryan. That would be suicide.
    I mean they couldn't give the QB coach position away last year, not last week. Everyone around the league knows Mark Sanchez sucks. And the fact that he's getting paid $8 million next year is a big problem.

  9. #189
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Correct... We continue to consistently come up short with Rookie Head Coaches... Some of that is because we only give them 4 years to succeed. While I would prefer a HC with previous experience, Woody decided to go with Rex. If my three options are:

    1. Keep Rex
    2. Hire a HC with previous experience
    3. Hire another rookie HC

    I go with 1 or 2 only... History shows us that 3 has never worked for us!
    Or, the other way to look at it....

    NO ONE WANTS TO COACH OR RUN THIS FRANCHISE.

    Be it Leon Hess or Woody Johnson, no "A" tier GM or head coaching candidates want this job. Our ownership is stable but not strong. For the better part of 45 years we have no heritage of winning or consistently putting together a quality squad.

    The really sad thing about this? The last 15 years have been pretty good, have averaged 10 wins with a healthy quarterback. Most of these 40 year old GM candidates were 25 years old when the Jets were last in the tank. They'd actually think favorably of a job here.

    But retaining Rex Ryan ruins that too, takes 15 years of decent success and throws it out the window.

    SAR I

  10. #190
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,665
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    The jets are expected to do nothing next year. So if they do what is expected what makes you think Rex will be fired? Especially when Woody has already stated that Rex doesn't necessarily have to win to keep his job.
    According to Peter King on Sirius nfl radio Friday morning, it is widely believed by insiders that the new GM gets a year Free pass and picks his coach in 11 mos. Said a lot of people he spoke to thought the Jets was a better job than the jags, that Caldwell made the wrong move. FWIW.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    According to Peter King on Sirius nfl radio Friday morning, it is widely believed by insiders that the new GM gets a year Free pass and picks his coach in 11 mos. Said a lot of people he spoke to thought the Jets was a better job than the jags, that Caldwell made the wrong move. FWIW.
    And he might have made it doubly worse by rebuking Tebow right off the bat.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Or, the other way to look at it....

    NO ONE WANTS TO COACH OR RUN THIS FRANCHISE.

    Be it Leon Hess or Woody Johnson, no "A" tier GM or head coaching candidates want this job. Our ownership is stable but not strong. For the better part of 45 years we have no heritage of winning or consistently putting together a quality squad.

    The really sad thing about this? The last 15 years have been pretty good, have averaged 10 wins with a healthy quarterback. Most of these 40 year old GM candidates were 25 years old when the Jets were last in the tank. They'd actually think favorably of a job here.

    But retaining Rex Ryan ruins that too, takes 15 years of decent success and throws it out the window.

    SAR I
    Rex has had the most success out of anyone in those 15 years. Did you think the 2010 Jets could legitimately win it all? I know you did. We could say the same thing about the 1998 team. But that's about it.

  13. #193
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    I mean they couldn't give the QB coach position away last year, not last week. Everyone around the league knows Mark Sanchez sucks. And the fact that he's getting paid $8 million next year is a big problem.
    I would take it as a good challenge to work with Sanchez. It's a win win position because no one would expect you to have success.

  14. #194
    What happened to Tom Gamble? I thought he was close to signing with the Jets two weeks ago.

  15. #195
    I am not going to believe any of these blogs and tweets until its reported we hired someone....there are so many conflicting reports and nothing credible worth hanging your hat on.....this is stupid...

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I would take it as a good challenge to work with Sanchez. It's a win win position because no one would expect you to have success.
    If you know he sucks, like most everyone does by now, then you might look at it differently. You know you have to replace him ASAP. Problem is, the QB class is weak, there's not much out there as far as free agents or trade possibilities, and you're stuck with Sanchez's salary.

    Kirk Cousins would be ideal, but no way Washington trades him. Matt Flynn is okay, but he's physically limited (weak arm, small). Whoever comes in needs to find a QB fast. Not to mention, after all of the releases, there won't be many guys under contract. It's a mess.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimefan47 View Post
    What happened to Tom Gamble? I thought he was close to signing with the Jets two weeks ago.
    Tom Gamble can't get a job and the Jets can't give the job away. Sounds like a good match.

  18. #198
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Tom Gamble can't get a job and the Jets can't give the job away. Sounds like a good match.
    MFEO.

    SAR I

  19. #199
    Tom Gamble wont be the Jets GM.

    Tony Pauline reported that the interview did not go well, and its mainly because the Jets don't want a GM with a strong personality.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And I'm still waiting for the link to Pauline's comment.
    I do remember reading something like that, but it was "coach" not "HC" or "D coach"...To Tony's credit / legitimacy..He said well over a month ago his source(s) said Tanny was out but Rex would stay as HC..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us