Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Per Glazer Jets Calling Back GM Candidates that Turned Jets Down to Reconsider

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Inerseting tidbits:

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Rex isn't what GM candidates are concerned with - their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Previous reports that the #Jets interviewed Russ Ball (Packers) and Jim Popp (Montreal) aren't true.
    Interesting that it isn't Rex. Glazer is the reporter I trust the most with the inside type info.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please Please Pretty Please reconsider being the next scapegoat for all our dysfunctional decisions.

Signed Woody & Rex TLA

We said pretty please.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Interesting that it isn't Rex. Glazer is the reporter I trust the most with the inside type info.
    Think about it: Rex is the best thing for an incoming GM. If the team sucks next year Rex gets all the blame and the GM gets a free year to study the situation and bring in his own guy. It really isn't a detraction for a new GM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point im about ready to hire Cohen,Cam Cameron, and David Lee, start Sanchez, go 1-15, blow up Florham Park and start over with a new GM, HC, and Bridgewater.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think about it: Rex is the best thing for an incoming GM. If the team sucks next year Rex gets all the blame and the GM gets a free year to study the situation and bring in his own guy. It really isn't a detraction for a new GM.
    I have to agree with this. If Rex has another losing season, it would be a hard sell to WJ to can his ass.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, but the same can be said for the salary cap, so I don't understand why that would scare off candidates and Rex wouldn't . The personnel parts I don't necessarily agree with, the Jets have some pieces, just not in the right areas. The Jets could be a blank canvas to work with for the most part after next year, and with some decent pieces. Makes me wonder if people are just putting it nicely that people don't want to work for Woody.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    So pretty much everything Tannenbaum was responsible for is turning candidates off? Great.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to hold judgment until the GM is hired regarding final say on players. If Rex has final say than Woody is just dumb. Again your HC should have opinion's on a player but the GM should have the final say...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it goes without saying this will bother nearly everyone.
    What a sad, stupid Owner we have. Do they have one of these smilie icons vomiting?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    A wise man once said "if you want me to cook the meal let me buy some of the groceries".
    What GM wants to cook a meal of Rex Ryan loaf,Dirty Sanchez rice and do it on a salary cap-Welfare budget ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex and Jay are friends fwiw...went to MMA events together..and reported by Leberfeld Jay is allowed to bring his son out on the practice field during TC..No other media are allowed to do that...Take It FWIW

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Makes me wonder if people are just putting it nicely that people don't want to work for Woody.[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, but the same can be said for the salary cap, so I don't understand why that would scare off candidates and Rex wouldn't . The personnel parts I don't necessarily agree with, the Jets have some pieces, just not in the right areas. The Jets could be a blank canvas to work with for the most part after next year, and with some decent pieces. Makes me wonder if people are just putting it nicely that people don't want to work for Woody.
    I agree with you. As bad as our cap is in 2013, supposedly we are in great shape for 2014.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ha ha ha ha this is so bad am calling herman Edwards. holy chit!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rex and Jay are friends fwiw...went to MMA events together..and reported by Leberfeld Jay is allowed to bring his son out on the practice field during TC..No other media are allowed to do that...Take It FWIW
    Interesting, did not know that either. It is like sensory overload right now, hard to tell what is solid info.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the media is all bashing the jets. sad state of affairs considering i dont think the jets actually know what they are doing.

an organization in disarray for 44 years and counting......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team and organization is a joke!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    At this point im about ready to hire Cohen,Cam Cameron, and David Lee, start Sanchez, go 1-15, blow up Florham Park and start over with a new GM, HC, and Bridgewater.....
    This.

Draft weekend will be the last time I root for the Jets to do anything positive until the circus leaves town a week after the 2013 season ends.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inerseting tidbits:

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Rex isn't what GM candidates are concerned with - their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Previous reports that the #Jets interviewed Russ Ball (Packers) and Jim Popp (Montreal) aren't true.
    Well that is a contradiction because circus= Rex Ryan.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think one thing should be made clear.

If the "circus" is keeping candidates away, it's not the Jets "circus".

It's the circus like atmosphere that the media creates.

Why would a GM want to come here, when there's a threat that reporters will follow him on vacation and snap pictures? Or try to dig into their personal lives to find something to create a story out of and further trump their "circus" story line.

The Jets aren't a circus, its the media.