Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Per Glazer Jets Calling Back GM Candidates that Turned Jets Down to Reconsider

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
    While I think Jets will hire some1 quickly for GM job, they have been getting rebuffed a lot and gone back to some asking them to reconsider
    I see today's dose of "any negative bull**** we can think up, tossed agan a wall, to see what sticks" material is here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I see today's dose of "any negative bull**** we can think up, tossed agan a wall, to see what sticks" material is here.
    Pretty much

And everyone is running with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Pretty much

And everyone is running with it.
    LOL. Jay Glazer was the same guy who said (his friend) Rex Ryan was not the reason GM's are avoiding the Jets.

You were happy to run with that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL. Jay Glazer was the same guy who said (his friend) Rex Ryan was not the reason GM's are avoiding the Jets.

You were happy to run with that.
    That's common sense

Rex Ryan is only seen as a plague by whiny ass New Yorkers who want to run your ass out of town if you don't win a championship within 3 years.

The same retards who wanted to run Coughlin and Eli out of town as recently as 13 months ago.

Some of you guys are acting like Rex is just an abortion of a coach that no one is willing to work with. Based on what exactly? Your own personal opinions that he's a clown?

Jets Insider VIP
    That's common sense

Rex Ryan is only seen as a plague by whiny ass New Yorkers who want to run your ass out of town if you don't win a championship within 3 years.

The same retards who wanted to run Coughlin and Eli out of town as recently as 13 months ago.

Some of you guys are acting like Rex is just an abortion of a coach that no one is willing to work with. Based on what exactly? Your own personal opinions that he's a clown?
    It's common sense only to those who want to believe that Rex Ryan is currently perceived by his peers as a respected and desireable HC.

Exactly. Why is it that most people don't realize this? I guess I understand if people not from the NY area don't get it, but everyone else should have more of a clue about these bozos. They will take a non story and blow it up and hound the team when they are on vacation after the season is over and most fans question the coach, not the slime bucket that followed him and his wife. The same people that complain and cover the Jets are the one's that create the circus. Just listen to any of the players and you'll figure this out. The ny media is all a joke of people that think what they write is overly important and are mostly a traveling circus themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I think one thing should be made clear.

If the "circus" is keeping candidates away, it's not the Jets "circus".

It's the circus like atmosphere that the media creates.

Why would a GM want to come here, when there's a threat that reporters will follow him on vacation and snap pictures? Or try to dig into their personal lives to find something to create a story out of and further trump their "circus" story line.

The Jets aren't a circus, its the media.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Your a clown without one fact to back up anything you say. Your a one note poster, who can't think outside your fire Rex box. The facts are an experienced GM, who has worked in other organizations, will take the job, knowing that Ryans the coach.
    Who are you again and why do I care what you think?

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Who are you again and why do I care what you think?

SAR I
    Ohh.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Panthers are in cap hell, much worse than the Jets.
    This might very well be true but at least they have a franchise QB

That's common sense

Tony TYF up in the draft forum said that while Rex has his flaws, people around the league still respect him and think he is a good coach.

I'll take the word of a league insider over any wishful thinking poster on JI

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    -being force fed Rex
    -Woody's circus
    -salary cap
    -offense is a mess
    -Woody is an awful owner

take your pick. Anybody who thinks otherwise isn't paying attention to reality.
    -wrong
    -wrong
    -wrong
    -well..........

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    So now we're begging people to take the job? Nice
    Oh, and there are Jets fans who think it has nothing to do with Rex Ryan.

It's the cap, dontcha know.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post

I freaking hate the media.
    Please tell me when the media has been wrong in assessing the Jets situation in the Rex Ryan era.

Just 1 example will do.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Tony TYF up in the draft forum said that while Rex has his flaws, people around the league still respect him and think he is a good coach.

defensive coach or head coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I love how you guys think you know what the f*ck you're talking about when it comes to hiring a GM. You're all clueless about who is and isn't a good candidate. Stop pretending you know who and what is best for the Jets b/c you don't. Just like I don't. You don't work for the Jets and you never will. And that reason is simple, you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about. Stop listening to rumors and what other people who don't know sh*t either (Glazer, Schefter etc.) about the Jets and the GM search have to say. Twitter is the worst thing to ever happen to journalism. It's just a bunch of hacks making **** up or quoting sources that are distant relatives of somebody involved in the process. It's a joke.
    I'm not going to pretend to know a damned thing about which GM candidate is better than another, but if a respected journalist says that even the Jets interview process is humiliating and dysfunctional, that's a different story.

We missed out on the A+ guys. We are stuck with C- guys. Now we are begging B guys to please reconsider.

We are a joke. Thanks Rex.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    QFT.
    Precisely.

No young GM candidate is going to say "I don't like the owner" or "The head coach is unacceptable to me" because they want to have a future in the NFL, there are only 32 jobs, and you don't piss off an owner or a head coach.

You'd say something benign like "tough cap situation" and say 'no thanks' like a gentleman, keep your reputation intact, send out a signal to other owners that you know how to act.

SAR I

What kind of f*cking idiot would turn down a big promotion, a big salary increase, and the opportunity to run a New York sports franchise just because they have to work with Rex for a year?

I honestly can't believe that so many of you actually believe this silly sh*t.
    You get 2 chances in the NFL. Head coach, GM, starting QB. You get 2 shots, that's it.

No reason to knowingly burn 1 on an impossible team in an impossible situation.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post

Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    defensive coach or head coach?
    Right. I'll defer to Ozzie Newsome.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    -being force fed Rex
    -Woody's circus
    -salary cap
    -offense is a mess
    -Woody is an awful owner

take your pick. Anybody who thinks otherwise isn't paying attention to reality.
    You forgot a few:

-Rex Ryan is your defacto 'boss'.
    -All your GM peers know you don't call the shots.
    -Woody Johnson has the HC's back not yours.
    -Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are in your division.
    -After you're fired, your next potential employer questions your decision-making in taking such a stupid job in the first place.

SAR I

All Pro
    Most of what we've seen suggests cap hell for one season and than a lot of clear sailing in 2014. Any GM who signs will sign for at least 3 years, so I call bull**** on the cap driving potential GMs away.