Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Per Glazer Jets Calling Back GM Candidates that Turned Jets Down to Reconsider

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    This message is hidden because SAR I is on your ignore list.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    it's tiresome being the only smart one around here. SAR I
    Please.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    First of all, I want nothing to do with any candidate that is concerned about the cap. Any decent one would understand that after 2013 (a rebuilding year anyway), the cap situation is actually very good. It's so overblown it is ridiculous. Draft well, and your cap will course correct. Forget about free agency unless its to fill minor holes.

Second, it makes no sense to say Rex isn't a concern, but the circus is. Rex and the circus are one and the same. Don't blame the media. They don't seem to bother any other team in NY as much. Same thing happened up in Boston with the Red Sox the past 2 years. If you lose control of your clubhouse and your own mouth, you're going to pay the price. By the way, that same Boston media has restricted access to the Patriots. No circus there, is there?
    Is the 2014 cap that good considering where our leverage is with revis?

That situation is an ENORMOUS problem for an incoming GM

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    What a sad, stupid Owner we have. Do they have one of these smilie icons vomiting?

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Agreed. Broncos go out and get peyton at end of his career and Elway is called a genius. Jets get Favre at end of his career and the Jets are a circus.

Jets opt to do Hard Knocks, they are a circus despite going to AFCCG that year, a number of other teams do it and no one cares.

I will grant SOJF's that bringing in Tebow was a "circus" like move, but that is just about the only thing that can be objectively considered a "circus" like move. Its just the crappy media guys like Manish that make the Jets appear to be a circus.

I think most GMs are smarter than worrying about that though and they are probably scared off by the salary cap situation and NO QB. If we had the exact same roster and Cap situation but had the first pick with a guy like Luck or RG3 available GMs would be knocking our door down.
    One thing. The Favre media circus was a Favre thing. Not a Jets thing. The Farve media circus followed him to Kiln, MS and to Minnesota. I mean the offseason after he was cut by the Jets, ESPN set up camp in Kiln waiting for his decision on whether he was coming back as if they were waiting outside the Vatican for them to announce the new pope.

One thing you can blame the Jets on is bringing in players who already have their own built in media circus like Favre and Tebow. Both had media circuses associated with them prior to the Jets.

Your a clown

Exactly.

Nice to see someone else figure out what's going on; it's tiresome being the only smart one around here.

"Cap situation" is code for "Rex Ryan? F-ck that".

SAR I
    Your a clown without one fact to back up anything you say. Your a one note poster, who can't think outside your fire Rex box. The facts are an experienced GM, who has worked in other organizations, will take the job, knowing that Ryans the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This is what happens when you force a HC on people. I don't care what Glazer says. The cap situation is an easy PC target.

Common sense.

Many of us have been worried about this since the beginning.
    Proof?

Woody needs to promise no interference in bringing sideshow QB's etc to the Jets to generate headlines to any serious candidate. And yes, Tanny really left the Jets with a ****pile to sweep up.

Exactly.

Nice to see someone else figure out what's going on; it's tiresome being the only smart one around here.

"Cap situation" is code for "Rex Ryan? F-ck that".

SAR I
    we all know you are anti-Rex, but when you force things that aren't there, you really do not look smart as you say. Cap means cap. These candidates interviewed knowing Rex was going to be around for next season. Not a difficult concept to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    First of all, I want nothing to do with any candidate that is concerned about the cap. Any decent one would understand that after 2013 (a rebuilding year anyway), the cap situation is actually very good. It's so overblown it is ridiculous. Draft well, and your cap will course correct. Forget about free agency unless its to fill minor holes.

Second, it makes no sense to say Rex isn't a concern, but the circus is. Rex and the circus are one and the same. Don't blame the media. They don't seem to bother any other team in NY as much. Same thing happened up in Boston with the Red Sox the past 2 years. If you lose control of your clubhouse and your own mouth, you're going to pay the price. By the way, that same Boston media has restricted access to the Patriots. No circus there, is there?
    That's just not true. The Tebow circus wasn't Rex's fault. It's clear that was a Woody Johnson move.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Proof?
    Every single GM that has ever taken over a team with a bad cap situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Woody needs to promise no interference in bringing sideshow QB's etc to the Jets to generate headlines to any serious candidate. And yes, Tanny really left the Jets with a ****pile to sweep up.
    Agree Inept Woody needs to agree to keep his head out of everything. Disagree about the situation. Jets defense is already set up for success just need to get a couple LBs in the draft, we're $30 mil under the cap after cutting the fat (Tebow, Scott, Smith etc) and if you add minor mid-level fa's at RB and TE you'll see Sanchez play alot better next season.

If this is true, it's embarrassing. But, what else is new.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

They should absolutely interview Jim Popp if they haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Is the 2014 cap that good considering where our leverage is with revis?

That situation is an ENORMOUS problem for an incoming GM
    Solution: Do nothing.

Let Revis earn $50 mil guaranteed from another team after playing stellar next season and getting us back in the playoffs. You can always get good corners in draft/FA and if we improve the pass rush you can win with decent Corners. See Giants.

Jets Insider VIP
    That's just not true. The Tebow circus wasn't Rex's fault. It's clear that was a Woody Johnson move.
    Let's please stop pretending that the Tebow nonsense was our only problem. This was a circus long before the idea of bringing Timmy here ever entered anyone's head. Rex's bravado, his guarantees, his bickering with opposing players, insults to guys like Norv, his lost locker room, his issues with his assistant coaches, his costumes, YouTube videos, etc. all have nothing to do with Woody or the media.

These are all created by Rex. Tell me what other coach in the league generates this much noise around his team. Please.

SAR is the Mike FATCESSA of JI.

He constantly puts up posts where he's basically fishing for a reaction out of everyone and succeeding.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    They should absolutely interview Jim Popp if they haven't.
    I heard they haven't and because they're the Jets, they won't.

Why? 'Cause it makes sense and that's not the Jets MO.

What bothers me

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Every single GM that has ever taken over a team with a bad cap situation.
    DD,were going to hire a GM this week, you might not like who we get. But that GM, is somebody who has worked with other teams and knows who the coach is. When i read some of these posts, you get the impression everybody has turned down a chance to interview for the job, which, of course is not true.

but the media told me that was Rex's fault

All League
    WE ARE ****ED.