Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you really believe NO ONE wants to be our GM? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    If we are down to Jerry Angelo and Scott Cohen as reported (and maybe Khan), doesn't that prove that nobody wants this job?
    NO.

8 different candidates have been interviewed by The Jets for the GM job. They are all currently waiting for the Jets to offer them the job.

Unfortunately, It looks like it's coming down to Angelo vs Cohen. But Marc Ross wants the job. Tom Gamble wants the job. John Idzik wants the job. Omar Khan wants the job, Brian Gaine wants the job etc etc etc

How do I know this?... Because they all interviewed for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    NO.

8 different candidates have been interviewed by The Jets for the GM job. They are all currently waiting for the Jets to offer them the job.

Unfortunately, It looks like it's coming down to Angelo vs Cohen. But Marc Ross wants the job. Tom Gamble wants the job. John Idzik wants the job. Omar Khan wants the job, Brian Gaine wants the job etc etc etc

How do I know this?... Because they all interviewed for the job.
    Just because they interviewed, doesn't mean they want the job. Ask Dave Caldwell about that.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Is there a new thread for every response to another thread?? Ridiculous!!
    This was not a response to another thread. After I posted it I realized C Mart had started a thread on the same subject. I asked the mods to merge it with his.

So chillax.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Just because they interviewed, doesn't mean they want the job. Ask Dave Caldwell about that.
    David Caldwell took a different job.

However, if you are interviewing for a job. That means you are considering it.

ďCanít give away the jobĒ

Marc Ross(Giants) wants the Jets GM job.
    John Idzik(Seahawks) wants the Jets GM job.
    Tom Gamble(49ers) wants the Jets GM job.
    Omar Khan(Steelers) wants the Jets GM job.
    Brian Gaine(Dolphins) wants the Jets GM job.
    Jerry Angelo wants the Jets GM job.

How do I know all of this. They all interviewed for the job.

Once again media, Letís not let the facts get in the way of a story. Itís more fun to spin negatively at the sake of good journalism.

Veteran
    Sometimes people interview for jobs just to get the experience, so they are better prepared for better jobs down the road. This happens more than you would think. It's entirely believable that some candidates are doing this.

The problem is 2 fold. Rex and Woody. They are looking for a GM that has extensive cap and personnel experience and one that will also be their puppet. Finding that puppet quality in a GM won't be easy. Gms want authority and have final decisions on whatever they touch. Red and Woody still want their fingers in the pie and they want the new GM to go along with them. I don't think this person exists so Red and Woody are gonna have to make consessions. That's why its taking a while.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    David Caldwell took a different job.

However, if you are interviewing for a job. That means you are considering it.

ďCanít give away the jobĒ

Marc Ross(Giants) wants the Jets GM job.
    John Idzik(Seahawks) wants the Jets GM job.
    Tom Gamble(49ers) wants the Jets GM job.
    Omar Khan(Steelers) wants the Jets GM job.
    Brian Gaine(Dolphins) wants the Jets GM job.
    Jerry Angelo wants the Jets GM job.

How do I know all of this. They all interviewed for the job.

Once again media, Letís not let the facts get in the way of a story. Itís more fun to spin negatively at the sake of good journalism.
    I've interviewed for jobs in the past, and turned a few down. The candidates are also feeling out the company too, to see if they're a fit. It's not a 1-way street as you seem to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    Sometimes people interview for jobs just to get the experience, so they are better prepared for better jobs down the road. This happens more than you would think. It's entirely believable that some candidates are doing this.
    this guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    That's the publicly stated reason. But everyone knows the Jets cap improves tremendously after 2013. It's 2013 that Tannenbaum royally f'ed up. So the cap is really a one-year disaster, assuming no additional cap issues are created this year. These GMs want to be in charge. They want to put their own stamp on the team. The way to do that is by bringing in your own guys and having them report to you, particularly the head coach. On the Jets, essentially, the new GM will be reporting to Rex. Yikes. That's ass-backwards and these guys are running like hell from it. From what we all learned over the past 2 weeks is that Rex is calling most of the shots and is given final say because for some reason our moron owner thinks Rex is outstanding, even with personnel.
    The cap does not get that much better in 2014 ,we are at 89 million with 23 players signed . To fill out our roster this yr we are going to have to defer money on to 2014 to sign Jags this yr. Revis will need to be addressed as well

I believe there are people who want the jets job and people who the jets want to give the job to but none of the interests are mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    The cap does not get that much better in 2014 ,we are at 89 million with 23 players signed . To fill out our roster this yr we are going to have to defer money on to 2014 to sign Jags this yr. Revis will need to be addressed as well
    yeah, but that assumes you dont cut scott and pouha this year and Sanchez and holmes in 2014, that is another 30 mill right there.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

Why the hell would you waste your time interviewing for a position that you aren't the least bit interested in?

Sorry, that makes zero sense to me.

WOW!!! Woody has taken this team to a new level of suck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Why the hell would you waste your time interviewing for a position that you aren't the least bit interested in?

Sorry, that makes zero sense to me.
    Going into the interview, there's obvious interest. The interest may be gone after the interview is over.

It's not rocket science.

Jets Insider VIP
    Going into the interview, there's obvious interest. The interest may be gone after the interview is over.

It's not rocket science.
    Every candidate out there knew that Rex was staying prior to interviewing.

Every candidate out there knew our cap situation prior to interviewing.

Every candidate out there knew about our QB situation prior to interviewing.

You're right, it isn't rocket science.

Rex is widely regarded as one of the brightest defensive minds in football and an easy guy to work with. Yet a ton of this fanbase thinks he's a major turnoff to potential GM's just because THEY are sick of Rex.

It's funny

Rex is widely regarded as one of the brightest defensive minds in football and an easy guy to work with. Yet a ton of this fanbase thinks he's a major turnoff to potential GM's just because THEY are sick of Rex.

It's funny

That's fine.

But that doesn't mean a candidate's interest won't wane after an initial interview. I told you, it's a 2 way street. The candidate is looking to see if they're a fit with the franchise as well.

EDIT: as far as Rex goes. He might not be as respected around the league as everyone might think.

KornFerry and The Jets just interviewed Ted Sundquist for their general manager position. That's candidate #10 that's interviewed for the position.

Just another example of how the Jets "can't give away" their GM job. Nobody wants the job except for those 10 candidates that interviewed for the job.

It's funny
    But does every candidate know who has the power to fire Rex after this year, prior to the interview?

What if the GM wants to take the full cap hit this year, cut holmes, cut sanchez etc and tank the year and the owner says no and he want to give Sanchez another shot?

Just because Rex is a good defensive coach, who cares? He is a HC not a co-od. He is excellent at X and Os but how is he in bringing young kids along?

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Poor old SOJFs

They think there's a parallel connection between their whining here and reality
    I ignore the "Woody is an idiot" comments, we have one losing season and the reaction is lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Jay Glazer on the Fox pregame show just said that no one wants to be the Jets GM. He said the Jete are going back to the candidates who turned them down and are begging them to reconsider.

Could this possibly be true?

There are only 32 GM positions and only a few open up each year. I can't believe there are no takers. This reeks of bull**** to me and is starting to piss me off! I think the media is making things up to have a story. No one really knows what is going on. It's all speculation.

What say you?
    i say glazer is right. the jets do everything the wrong way, have for 44 yrs. the jets have let go most all thge coaching positions, but the head coach. a gm wants to come in with a fresh vision. and name his own coach. the jets are a backwards organization.

Woody probably already has a good idea of who he wants by now . He is probably just trying to get his monies worth out of KornFerry. Either that or he's leaving every stone unturned. Where have I heard that before?