Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you really believe NO ONE wants to be our GM? I don't.

All League

Do you really believe NO ONE wants to be our GM? I don't.

Jay Glazer on the Fox pregame show just said that no one wants to be the Jets GM. He said the Jete are going back to the candidates who turned them down and are begging them to reconsider.

Could this possibly be true?

There are only 32 GM positions and only a few open up each year. I can't believe there are no takers. This reeks of bull**** to me and is starting to piss me off! I think the media is making things up to have a story. No one really knows what is going on. It's all speculation.

What say you?

it seems hard to believe but when you sit abck and think of the mess this franchise is in and the current conditions who knows?

My care cup is empty at this point.

Just pick someone and be done with it. Ain't even rustled.

Popp openly asked for it so it's obviously not true.

All League
    The guys Woody wants don't want the Jets because of being forced to keep the coach. The guys that don't care about that aren't wanted by Woody. Something has got to give.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't buy that silly sh*t for a second.

As you said, there are only 32 GM positions in the league and I'd say maybe 2-3 on average become open every year.

You're telling me that some up and comer would turn down a huge promotion, a huge salary increase and an opportunity to run a New York franchise simply because they have to deal with Rex for a year?

LOL

How retarded are some of you people?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Popp openly asked for it so it's obviously not true.
    Thats correct.

Glazer is obviously jumping on the media Jets bashing carousel, he's pretty notorious for his contempt toward the Jets so its not at all surprising - and his statement is most definitely untrue - if it was, nobody would be taking the interviews in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Jay Glazer on the Fox pregame show just said that no one wants to be the Jets GM. He said the Jete are going back to the candidates who turned them down and are begging them to reconsider.

There are only 32 GM positions and only a few open up each year. I can't believe there are no takers. This reeks of bull**** to me and is starting to piss me off! I think the media is making things up to have a story. No one really knows what is going on. It's all speculation.

What say you?
    This is what you get when you try to force an inept Head Coach down the throats of decent GM candidates.

Woody is an absolute moron.

All League
    Mods please merge with C Mart's thread on the same subject:

Per Glazer Jets Calling Back GM Candidates that Turned Jets Down to Reconsider

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't buy that silly sh*t for a second.

As you said, there are only 32 GM positions in the league and I'd say maybe 2-3 on average become open every year.

You're telling me that some up and comer would turn down a huge promotion, a huge salary increase and an opportunity to run a New York franchise simply because they have to deal with Rex for a year?

LOL

How retarded are some of you people?
    If he's a true up and comer, he knows he can wait. And it's not just Rex apparently, it's the entire situation.

Banned
    If no one want to be the Jets GM then they wouldn't bother coming in for an interview. I think the problem is this. During the interview Woody would ask the candidate to lay out a plan to fix the CAP problems. The candidate say his plan is X,Y,and Z. The Z is making some defensive personnel changes. What will Woody and Rex Ryan say to this plan?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    If he's a true up and comer, he knows he can wait. And it's not just Rex apparently, it's the entire situation.
    As I said, only 2-3 of these jobs become open on an annual basis.

And there is a sh*t load of competition for each of these jobs every year.

New blood is being injected into front offices every year.

You think these hot names right now are going to pass on an opportunity of a lifetime and risk letting the next group of up-and-comers leap over them?

Bullsh*t

The guys Woody wants don't want the Jets because of being forced to keep the coach. The guys that don't care about that aren't wanted by Woody. Something has got to give.
    NOT TRUE

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Rex isn't what GM candidates are concerned with - their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post

What say you?
    I think we need to go back and re-read what Glazer is saying. It's not that "NOBODY" wants the Jets job but rather that the candidates that Woody would like to hire turned them down. Sure an up and comer would take a shot at this, Woody rightfully wants someone with some cache and seemingly those candidates want no part of the cap issues and the Ringling Brothers Circus that surrounds this team. Glazer does have street cred so I don't doubt this little tidbit has some truth to it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    NOT TRUE

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Rex isn't what GM candidates are concerned with - their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off
    I am aware. That came out after I posted, I stand corrected.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Plane View Post
    I think we need to go back and re-read what Glazer is saying. It's not that "NOBODY" wants the Jets job but rather that the candidates that Woody would like to hire turned them down. Sure an up and comer would take a shot at this, Woody rightfully wants someone with some cache and seemingly those candidates want no part of the cap issues and the Ringling Brothers Circus that surrounds this team. Glazer does have street cred so I don't doubt this little tidbit has some truth to it.
    But that's not what glazer just said on TV. Said everybody's running scared. No one wants it.

does anyone think if the right gm comes in and during the interviewing process he tells woody i want rex gone does this happen?

Who

Sorry to put you on the spot.Eho has turned down the job because of who the coach is?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Sorry to put you on the spot.Eho has turned down the job because of who the coach is?
    It was just conjecture on my part, as I stated above.

The fact that Woody is an idiot cant help the search. You know he wanted Teblow and knows nothing about running a football team.
    This makes perfect sense.