Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 81

Thread: Do you really believe NO ONE wants to be our GM? I don't.

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,736

    Do you really believe NO ONE wants to be our GM? I don't.

    Jay Glazer on the Fox pregame show just said that no one wants to be the Jets GM. He said the Jete are going back to the candidates who turned them down and are begging them to reconsider.

    Could this possibly be true?

    There are only 32 GM positions and only a few open up each year. I can't believe there are no takers. This reeks of bull**** to me and is starting to piss me off! I think the media is making things up to have a story. No one really knows what is going on. It's all speculation.

    What say you?

  2. #2
    it seems hard to believe but when you sit abck and think of the mess this franchise is in and the current conditions who knows?

  3. #3
    My care cup is empty at this point.

    Just pick someone and be done with it. Ain't even rustled.

  4. #4
    Popp openly asked for it so it's obviously not true.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,836
    The guys Woody wants don't want the Jets because of being forced to keep the coach. The guys that don't care about that aren't wanted by Woody. Something has got to give.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,694
    I don't buy that silly sh*t for a second.

    As you said, there are only 32 GM positions in the league and I'd say maybe 2-3 on average become open every year.

    You're telling me that some up and comer would turn down a huge promotion, a huge salary increase and an opportunity to run a New York franchise simply because they have to deal with Rex for a year?

    LOL

    How retarded are some of you people?

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,598
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Popp openly asked for it so it's obviously not true.
    Thats correct.

    Glazer is obviously jumping on the media Jets bashing carousel, he's pretty notorious for his contempt toward the Jets so its not at all surprising - and his statement is most definitely untrue - if it was, nobody would be taking the interviews in the first place.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Jay Glazer on the Fox pregame show just said that no one wants to be the Jets GM. He said the Jete are going back to the candidates who turned them down and are begging them to reconsider.

    Could this possibly be true?

    There are only 32 GM positions and only a few open up each year. I can't believe there are no takers. This reeks of bull**** to me and is starting to piss me off! I think the media is making things up to have a story. No one really knows what is going on. It's all speculation.

    What say you?
    This is what you get when you try to force an inept Head Coach down the throats of decent GM candidates.

    Woody is an absolute moron.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,736
    Mods please merge with C Mart's thread on the same subject:

    Per Glazer Jets Calling Back GM Candidates that Turned Jets Down to Reconsider

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't buy that silly sh*t for a second.

    As you said, there are only 32 GM positions in the league and I'd say maybe 2-3 on average become open every year.

    You're telling me that some up and comer would turn down a huge promotion, a huge salary increase and an opportunity to run a New York franchise simply because they have to deal with Rex for a year?

    LOL

    How retarded are some of you people?
    If he's a true up and comer, he knows he can wait. And it's not just Rex apparently, it's the entire situation.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    674
    If no one want to be the Jets GM then they wouldn't bother coming in for an interview. I think the problem is this. During the interview Woody would ask the candidate to lay out a plan to fix the CAP problems. The candidate say his plan is X,Y,and Z. The Z is making some defensive personnel changes. What will Woody and Rex Ryan say to this plan?

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,694
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    If he's a true up and comer, he knows he can wait. And it's not just Rex apparently, it's the entire situation.
    As I said, only 2-3 of these jobs become open on an annual basis.

    And there is a sh*t load of competition for each of these jobs every year.

    New blood is being injected into front offices every year.

    You think these hot names right now are going to pass on an opportunity of a lifetime and risk letting the next group of up-and-comers leap over them?

    Bullsh*t

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    The guys Woody wants don't want the Jets because of being forced to keep the coach. The guys that don't care about that aren't wanted by Woody. Something has got to give.
    NOT TRUE

    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

    Rex isn't what GM candidates are concerned with - their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Jay Glazer on the Fox pregame show just said that no one wants to be the Jets GM. He said the Jete are going back to the candidates who turned them down and are begging them to reconsider.

    Could this possibly be true?

    There are only 32 GM positions and only a few open up each year. I can't believe there are no takers. This reeks of bull**** to me and is starting to piss me off! I think the media is making things up to have a story. No one really knows what is going on. It's all speculation.

    What say you?
    I think we need to go back and re-read what Glazer is saying. It's not that "NOBODY" wants the Jets job but rather that the candidates that Woody would like to hire turned them down. Sure an up and comer would take a shot at this, Woody rightfully wants someone with some cache and seemingly those candidates want no part of the cap issues and the Ringling Brothers Circus that surrounds this team. Glazer does have street cred so I don't doubt this little tidbit has some truth to it.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,836
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    NOT TRUE

    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

    Rex isn't what GM candidates are concerned with - their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off
    I am aware. That came out after I posted, I stand corrected.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Plane View Post
    I think we need to go back and re-read what Glazer is saying. It's not that "NOBODY" wants the Jets job but rather that the candidates that Woody would like to hire turned them down. Sure an up and comer would take a shot at this, Woody rightfully wants someone with some cache and seemingly those candidates want no part of the cap issues and the Ringling Brothers Circus that surrounds this team. Glazer does have street cred so I don't doubt this little tidbit has some truth to it.
    But that's not what glazer just said on TV. Said everybody's running scared. No one wants it.

  17. #17
    does anyone think if the right gm comes in and during the interviewing process he tells woody i want rex gone does this happen?

  18. #18

    Who

    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    The guys Woody wants don't want the Jets because of being forced to keep the coach. The guys that don't care about that aren't wanted by Woody. Something has got to give.
    Sorry to put you on the spot.Eho has turned down the job because of who the coach is?

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,836
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Sorry to put you on the spot.Eho has turned down the job because of who the coach is?
    It was just conjecture on my part, as I stated above.

  20. #20
    The fact that Woody is an idiot cant help the search. You know he wanted Teblow and knows nothing about running a football team.
    This makes perfect sense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us