Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Chiefs to interview Tony Sparano

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs to interview Tony Sparano

Looks like Shades is landing on his feet.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...ng-job-sources

Tony Sparano is scheduled to interview Monday for the Kansas City Chiefs' offensive line coaching job, league sources told ESPN.

The Chiefs and new head coach Andy Reid had been in serious negotiations with George Warhop for the offensive-line job. But Warhop decided to remain with the Cleveland Browns. Warhop has worked previously with Norv Turner, who will be named the Browns' offensive coordinator under new head coach Rob Chudzinski.

Sparano has been in talks with several teams for offensive-line coaching jobs since he was fired as the offensive coordinator of the New York Jets. Sparano was set to visit with the Browns when Warhop decided to stay in that same job with Cleveland.

The Jets were ranked 30th in total offense in Sparano's first and only season in the role, doomed by their unsettled quarterback position.

Mark Sanchez regressed this past season under Sparano and ultimately was removed from the starting spot for Greg McElroy in Week 16.

Sparano also was unable to determine a role for Tim Tebow, who didn't have much of an impact after he was acquired in a trade with the Broncos. New York's Wildcat package was ineffective, and the Jets were unsure how to use Tebow in other packages

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was about to say "are you fing kidding me?" but then I see hes only being considered for Oline coach lol.. Which is basically what he was for us.. he is not a OC.