Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex-Denver GM Ted Sundquist Interviewed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Ex-Denver GM Ted Sundquist Interviewed

I didn't see this posted yet:

"@AdamSchefter: Former Broncos GM Ted Sundquist interviewed late last week in New York for Jets GM job."

"@JasonLaCanfora: If the Jets have named GM finalists, they haven't told any of them yet. Ex-Denver GM Ted Sundquist is also among those who interviewed there"

He has a pretty good track record. Better than any other option right now... So he's probably not considered.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    During his tenure, Sundquist helped Denver land players such as John Lynch, Daniel Graham, Al Wilson, John Mobley, Brandon Marshall, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Clinton Portis (WAS), Reggie Hayward (JAX), Trevor Pryce (BAL), Brian Griese (TB), Deltha O’Neal (NE), and Nick Harris (DET). Sundquist was known for being one of the more active GMs in player acquisition through drafting, signing free agents and trades. Under Sundquist, the Broncos became one of the league’s most active traders. His most notable move came just before the 2004 season, when he dealt star running back Clinton Portis to the Washington Redskins in exchange for cornerback Champ Bailey, another to obtain Dre Bly from the Detroit Lions, and a No. 2 draft pick that turned out to be Tatum Bell. He also engineered a 2006 draft-day deal with St. Louis allowing Denver to move from the No. 29 overall pick to No. 11, where they selected Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler. As a result, Sundquist’s GM term was the start of a franchise-record five consecutive winning seasons.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sundquist changed the way Denver used technology and scouting structure in putting together a personnel department that supplied the talent to an organization that has won 58 games over 14 years. Sundquist and his personnel department put the Broncos’ financial house back in order during his tenure as GM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now HIM I'll take.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where do i sign!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    To me, this would be a great hire.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take him as well but according to schefter it's down to Omar Khan, Angelo, and Cohen. I think they are just showing Cohen some respect because he works there so I think it's truly down to Khan and Angelo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://tedsundquist38.com/about-2/

He's too qualified for Woody.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

Ummmmm this is soo right..
    He is number 2 behind Popp

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus he would be his own man and make his own personnel decisions and not allow Wrecks to control him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Plus he would be his own man and make his own personnel decisions and not allow Wrecks to control him.

Sad, but true

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No hate for Angelo, and I guess I will take him, but I am more interested in this Sundquist guy.

Khan can handle money. Sundquist or Angelo can find talent.

Hire them both. Hire them all. Make one team president. Make one tue GM. Make the other the head of contract and cap issues.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I'll take him as well but according to schefter it's down to Omar Khan, Angelo, and Cohen. I think they are just showing Cohen some respect because he works there so I think it's truly down to Khan and Angelo.
    Call me a flat Earther, tin hatter, whathaveyou, but I refuse to believe Cohen's actually a finalist.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is he an EX GM ?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Why is he an EX GM ?
    because when Denver fired Mike shanahan they decided to clean house and fire everyone so the new regim (Josh Mcdaniels and Brian Xanders) have a clean slate to do what they want

LIKE EVERY PROFESSIONAL TEAM SHOULD DO

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like this guy

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    During his tenure, Sundquist helped Denver land players such as John Lynch, Daniel Graham, Al Wilson, John Mobley, Brandon Marshall, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Clinton Portis (WAS), Reggie Hayward (JAX), Trevor Pryce (BAL), Brian Griese (TB), Deltha O’Neal (NE), and Nick Harris (DET). .[/B]
    That list of players is a good one but Jerry Angelo's group isn't that bad either. Jay Cutler,Julius Peppers, Lance Briggs, Charles Tillman, Matt Forte, Devin Hester,Danieal Manning, Corey Graham etc

Ted Sundquist is worthy of an interview. I am glad that KornFerry and the Jets have interviewed him. That's candidate #10 hoping to become the Jets general manager I guess that's another example of how The Jets can't "give away" their GM job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    That list of players is a good one but Jerry Angelo's group isn't that bad either. Jay Cutler,Julius Peppers, Lance Briggs, Charles Tillman, Matt Forte, Devin Hester,Danieal Manning, Corey Graham etc

Ted Sundquist is worthy of an interview. I am glad that KornFerry and the Jets have interviewed him. That's candidate #10 hoping to become the Jets general manager I guess that's another example of how The Jets can't "give away" their GM job.
    Apologies if I'm not understanding this correctly..

Who is saying he turned the Jets down?

And for the record the Bears have interviewed approx 15 HC candidates...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Is Khan really considering it? I thought he's turned down multiple GM offers and wasn't interested.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies if I'm not understanding this correctly..

Who is saying he turned the Jets down?

And for the record the Bears have interviewed approx 15 HC candidates...
    I am not stating that he turned the Jets down. I am mocking the media for reporting that the Jets "can't give away" their GM job. Yet, 10 open candidates have interviewed for the Jets GM job and are waiting and hoping that they get the position.