Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex-Denver GM Ted Sundquist Interviewed

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like he'd be a good choice. Please no Cohen or Angelo.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    That list of players is a good one but Jerry Angelo's group isn't that bad either. Jay Cutler,Julius Peppers, Lance Briggs, Charles Tillman, Matt Forte, Devin Hester,Danieal Manning, Corey Graham etc

Ted Sundquist is worthy of an interview. I am glad that KornFerry and the Jets have interviewed him. That's candidate #10 hoping to become the Jets general manager I guess that's another example of how The Jets can't "give away" their GM job.
    Unfortunately, Angelo's last good draft pick was in 2008. That's why I said earlier that I think the game has passed him by.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    I am not stating that he turned the Jets down. I am mocking the media for reporting that the Jets "can't give away" their GM job. Yet, 10 open candidates have interviewed for the Jets GM job and are waiting and hoping that they get the position.
    Who do we know for sure falls into that catergory.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fumes View Post
    No hate for Angelo, and I guess I will take him, but I am more interested in this Sundquist guy.

Khan can handle money. Sundquist or Angelo can find talent.

Hire them both. Hire them all. Make one team president. Make one tue GM. Make the other the head of contract and cap issues.
    bingo!! thats what a smart man would do...oh wait....????????

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Who do we know for sure falls into that catergory.
    I would guess the guys who are still open candidates for the job and have interviewed. I'd say every open candidate that interviewed for the job wanted to get the job.

We know the names that have interviewed. Omar Khan(Steelers), I would guess that he would like to be the next Jets GM. He is scheduled for a 2nd interview. KornFerry also interviewed him for The Seattle GM job a few years back. I would guess that Marc Ross(Giants) would like to be the Jets next GM. Jets interviewed him but haven't called him back. John Idzik(Seattle) interviewed for the job thursday. He obviously auditioned for the job. Jerry Angelo interviewed for the job. He's getting a second interview. He's been called back. So I would guess that he wants the job. Ted Sundquist just interviewed. He wants the job. He hasn't been a GM since the UFL. Tom Gamble(49ers) interviewed for the job. Far as we know, He hasn't been called back for a second interview. If he didn't want the job, He wouldn't have accepted the interview in the first place. We also know that Brian Gaine(Dolphins) has interviewed for the job. My guess is he wants the job. Hasn't been called back for 2nd interview. Jim Popp(Montreal) obviously has expressed his interest in the job publically but according to reports, he hasn't been interviewed.

These are just the known candidates. Obviously, there have been stories of Russ Ball(Packers) and Jimmy Raye(Chargers) having interest and we all know about Scott Cohen interviewing for the job.

There are plenty of guys who want the job. Quite a few have been interviewed. This is not a situation where the Jets "can't give away" their GM job like the media is grossly reporting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the best name I've heard in over a week, so naturally he won't be back for a second interview and instead we'll go with Cohen or Angelo.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    because when Denver fired Mike shanahan they decided to clean house and fire everyone so the new regim (Josh Mcdaniels and Brian Xanders) have a clean slate to do what they want

LIKE EVERY PROFESSIONAL TEAM SHOULD DO
    And that's worked out SO well for them