Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: How Woody will get a Potential GM to come to the Jets

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

How Woody will get a Potential GM to come to the Jets

First off this has nothing to do with Rex it has to do with a Potential GM being told he has to do something because the owner demands it. Being forced to keep a coach tells a Candidate that they do not have100% control of the franchise. Why do you think Jerry Jones is the GM of Dallas.
    Unless Woody wants to be like Jerry Jones he needs to do this.
    1. Hold a press conference retracting his claim that Rex gets 1 more year stress it was a miscommunication and the new GM will have full control and no jobs are safe including executive positions.

2. Pull himself completely out of decision making process of personnel, coaches and appoint someone in his place like the team president. I think untill withdraws himself and has a more hands off approach no potential GM is going to want to become the next GM

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by dustykeller; 01-13-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    First off this has nothing to do with Rex it has to do with a Potential GM being told he has to do something because the owner demands it. Being forced to keep a coach tells a Candidate that they do not have100% control of the franchise. Why do you think Jerry Jones is the GM of Dallas.
    Unless Woody wants to be like Jerry Jones he needs to do this.
    1. Hold a press conference retracting his claim that Rex gets 1 more year stress it was a miscommunication and the new GM will have full control and no jobs are safe including executive positions.

2. Pull himself completely out of decision making process of personnel, coaches and appoint someone in his place like the team president. I think untill withdraws himself and has a more hands off approach no potential GM is going to want to become the next GM
    Woody is the billionaire owner of an NFL franchise. You expect him to be completely un-involved in the decision making process of this football team? Do some of you guys really live in the real world?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJet View Post
    Woody is the billionaire owner of an NFL franchise. You expect him to be completely un-involved in the decision making process of this football team? Do some of you guys really live in the real world?
    Yes I do. He is the reason nobody wants the job. When a candidate is told that he needs to keep this coach and told what players to get like Tebow. Who in their right mind wants the jets job. So when it all come crashing down because of forced owner meddling the GM takes the blame.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I do. He is the reason nobody wants the job. When a candidate is told that he needs to keep this coach and told what players to get like Tebow. Who in their right mind wants the jets job. So when it all come crashing down because of forced owner meddling the GM takes the blame.
    I think the Jets will get their man, it's one of 32 jobs and as much as I wanted Rex gone he's not the worst...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOLOL! If you or I owned a football team damn right we'd want some input. That doesn't mean we'd ignore advice from the GM and HC. Nobody who watches as much football as Jets fans would be completely hands off - nobody.

You might be right about GMs reluctant to take on the job cuz of Rex Ryan, but I don't think think it's that unusual to transition the first year. It would give the new GM a freebie year to assess the team, the players and the coaches.

I don't know who wanted Tebow on the team in the first place, but I doubt it was Woody. If it was, then he would've fired Rex for spitting in his eye all season. He wouldn't be in the current love-fest with Rex.

On the other hand, if Woody was the one who wanted Tebow, the only way for Rex to keep his job was to put the blame on Sparano's shortcomings as OC, the QB Coach for failing to improve Tebow's skills, and Tanny for failing to sign complementary offensive players. And if Woody still wants Tebow, he'd look for a GM and OC who can build an effective team around him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    I think the Jets will get their man, it's one of 32 jobs and as much as I wanted Rex gone he's not the worst...
    True. Kotite is still alive.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    woody will finally get some guy off the scrap pile.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    kotite stocked the team for parcells and beyond. give kotite some crdit for bringing in some really good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    True. Kotite is still alive.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJet View Post
    Dan Snyder did that in DC two years ago and he has a bigger ego than Woody.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    kotite stocked the team for parcells and beyond. give kotite some crdit for bringing in some really good players.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How Woody will get a Potential GM to come to the Jets
    the same way he got a new Giants Stadium for Jets fans.

Just bend over and take it like a woman would. .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously?

Was Kotite the genius who drafted Kyle Brady and passed on Warren Sapp?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dang! what ever became of Kotite? afater the Jets fired him he went pooof! disappeared.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fire Rex!