Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Does anyone actually think the Ravens can beat the Patriots

Pats are gonna crush the Ravens. The Pats are gonna exploit the Ravens LBs in coverage much like they did against the Texans. Ray is great against the run, but if he's on the field, he's gonna be out wide trying to cover Vereen or Ridley or Woody. No one on the Ravens D can cover the Pats RBs. Even Ellerbe gave up a TD pass against the Broncos.

Ravens won against the DOnks because I think Manning's arm just died as the game wore on. Brady will throw it deep to his RBs.

Sizzle is injured. Ngata is also injured.

The only chance the Ravens have is for Flacco to play out of his mind.

Our best chance is for the 49ers to make it to the SB.
    Last edited by First DOWN!; 01-14-2013 at 10:19 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I disagree. Psychology, motivation, will to win, not coming out flat... there is no doubt that teams fluctuate in regard to their edge and focus. It's more complex in team-driven sports than individual, where psychology can be absolutely the difference between winning and losing when the athletic skill level between opponents is a wash. How many fights did Ali win due to a psychological edge and unwillingness to go down? There are literally hundreds of examples on the professional level.
    +1

Motivation can lead to better execution.

Veteran
    If Ray Lewis wants it badly enough maybe he'll do it himself.

Hammer Brady, force turnovers, a Pick6 would be nice.

Ravens beat NE at Balt by 1 point in reg season - means virtually nothing.

Question is which Flacco will show up.

Will he hit receivers or sh!t the bed?

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Pats are gonna crush the Ravens. The Pats are gonna exploit the Ravens LBs in coverage much like they did against the Texans. Ray is great against the run, but if he's on the field, he's gonna be out wide trying to cover Vereen or Ridley or Woody. No one on the Ravens D can cover the Pats RBs. Even Ellerbe gave up a TD pass against the Broncos.

Ravens won against the DOnks because I think Manning's arm just died as the game wore on. Brady will throw it deep to his RBs.

Sizzle is injured. Ngata is also injured.

The only chance the Ravens have is for Flacco to play out of his mind.

Our best chance is for the 49ers to make it to the SB.
    I agree with all of this. Pats will smoke the Ravens.

Hmmmmm.....Flacco......or.......Brady?
    Is this really a serious discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    If you think the Pats defense is good, you're delusional. I'm objective. I think Tom Brady is the best QB I've ever seen. At the same time, I think your defense sucks. Hopefully Flacco abuses you on national tv.
    What do you mean by good?, not being "good" and "sucking" are two totally different things. The pats defense does not suck at all. They are a middle of the road D. Teams they play are very aggressive on offense, as they know they need to score 28 points to have a good chance at winning. This has them getting a lot of yards, but leaves them vulnerable to turnovers. That is why the pats have a lot of takeaways.

The pats have an average nfl defense.

the only way the ravens can win this game.is only if brady gets hurt.the pats are unbeatable at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    The Pats defense doesn't suck. They were in the top 10 in points allowed (they gave up significantly less points than the Jets this season). That doesn't suck. They were among the top teams in takeaways. That doesn't suck.

They are not a great defense, but they are certainly at least average. I would say the defense as it is constituted now is above average. Don't confuse the bad defense that started the year with this defense.
    Still can't stop a nose bleed. Once Harbaugh allowed Flacco to air it out, the Pats' defense was helpless.

The offense wasn't there to bail them out this time, though.

Beat them? They crushed their little dreams hahaha

All Pro
    I gave this a lot of thought and didn't want to rush my decision.

But having pondered this question carefully, I have to say...

Yes...I think the Ravens can beat the Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    I gave this a lot of thought and didn't want to rush my decision.

But having pondered this question carefully, I have to say...

Yes...I think the Ravens can beat the Patriots.
    You should run for office with incite like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You should run for office with incite like that.
    You should learn the difference between "insight" and "incite" in the meantime.

All Pro
    It's absolutely amazing how many times you people can be proven wrong, and yet you continue to make fools of yourselves. I mean you're not ignorant, because you are wrong all the time, yet you continue to make asses out of yourselves with this bluster. What drives you people to speak with such certainty about things you know nothing about? Then you demean anyone that questions your judgment. If you were ignorant at least you'd have an excuse. Maybe you can remember this so you don't make fools of yourselves next time. Precedence has shown that to be highly unlikely, but unlike you guys, I never close my mind to a possibility. You guys could grow up one of these days.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    You should learn the difference between "insight" and "incite" in the meantime.
    He is one of the most incitefull people on the board

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He is one of the most incitefull people on the board
    She was tortured in a teepee but her suffering was intents

Absolutely.-------------------------------

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan29 View Post
    NOPE
    DOPE

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It's absolutely amazing how many times you people can be proven wrong, and yet you continue to make fools of yourselves. I mean you're not ignorant, because you are wrong all the time, yet you continue to make asses out of yourselves with this bluster. What drives you people to speak with such certainty about things you know nothing about? Then you demean anyone that questions your judgment. If you were ignorant at least you'd have an excuse. Maybe you can remember this so you don't make fools of yourselves next time. Precedence has shown that to be highly unlikely, but unlike you guys, I never close my mind to a possibility. You guys could grow up one of these days.

You win the message board war! Yes!