Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    I guess we can move on from Houston

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    NOPE

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Brady admitted in his presser that they had to make a lot of adjustments losing Woodhead and Gronk in the first series. No problem, they took Vereen off the bench and let him do his best impression of Tomlinson to the tune of 3 TDs. Scored 41 offensive points. As long as 12 is under center, they will mix and match their way down the field to points.
    This is correct. However, as long as the Pats are putting that ****ty defense out there, the Ravens have a chance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post

And finally, how in the world can't you just drool over Russel Wilson. This man nearly became a legend today. I hope this wasn't his career highlight.
    In my opinion, the best of the kid qb's.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is all wishful thinking. As much as everyone in the rest of the country is tired of it, the patriots will be back in the super bowl.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    This is correct. However, as long as the Pats are putting that ****ty defense out there, the Ravens have a chance.
    Here's the thing:

1) The Pats' defense is not nearly as bad as you think

2) That defense actually played a big role in the Pats' win

Bad news.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the thing:

You are absolutely correct. IMO, the Patriots and 49ers are easily the most well-rounded teams in the league.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Ravens gonna crush cheating gerbilphiles, mark it down.
    Yes they can!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the thing:

Bad news.
    No, it's as bad as I think. Tammy puts a lot of points on the board and that makes it a lot easier on the defense. In a tight game, that defense shows its true colors.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, it's as bad as I think. Tammy puts a lot of points on the board and that makes it a lot easier on the defense. In a tight game, that defense shows its true colors.
    Once again, New England gave up less points, had the same amount of sacks, forced 18 more fumbles (recovered 9 more), had 7 more picks, and had 4 more defensive touchdowns.

Yeah, Baltimore's defense is way better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats ran Ridley and Vereen all over the place today. Where was Joseph? If Rex has to deal with this running game in 2010, how does it turn out?

Belichick can easily work his offense around Revis. He's 4-0 since. And he's still winning playoff games while Revis sits at home.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 01-13-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the good news is that both the niners and the falcons are ALOT better than the ravens....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way Ray Lewis walks out of NE without an AFC Championship next week...book it!!!! He gets to avenge last year's heartbreak in the same exact fashion...on the road in NE.

Ravens are gonna play out of their minds next week for #52....Make sure Ray doesnt leave this game without another shot at a ring...

To beat the Pats at home you need to be motivated to play above your capabilities.....

Rex Ryan was our motivator...
    Ray Lewis will be for the Ravens

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    Once again, New England gave up less points, had the same amount of sacks, forced 18 more fumbles (recovered 9 more), had 7 more picks, and had 4 more defensive touchdowns.

Yeah, Baltimore's defense is way better.
    Once again, when a team is playing from 20 points behind, bad things tend to happen. In a tight game, you see how bad they suck. The Patriots' defense is not good. Stop with this ****.

Really, if the game is close and the other team has the ball with two minutes to go, do you really want the Patriots' defense on the field? They ****ing suck. The offense masks everything.

They did a great job in both Giants games last year.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 01-13-2013 at 11:25 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    No way Ray Lewis walks out of NE without an AFC Championship next week...book it!!!! He gets to avenge last year's heartbreak in the same exact fashion...on the road in NE.

Ravens are gonna play out of their minds next week for #52....Make sure Ray doesnt leave this game without another shot at a ring...

To beat the Pats at home you need to be motivated to play above your capabilities.....

Rex Ryan was our motivator.
    You call 6-10 motivating?

Well it is, I guess.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once again, when a team is playing from 20 points behind, bad things tend to happen. In a tight game, you see how bad they suck. The Patriots' defense is not good. Stop with this ****.

Really, if the game is close and the other team has the ball with two minutes to go, do you really want the Patriots' defense on the field? They ****ing suck. The offense masks everything.
    See, here's how it works. The offense has been scoring a lot of points, while the defense was preventing them. Hence, the constant big leads.

As far as holding a small lead late, most teams struggle with that on a regular basis, because it's hard to defend when a team is in four-down desperation mode. Fortunately, NE is good enough on both sides of the ball to avoid those situations most of the time.

But whatever helps you get through being a Jets fan ...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well New England is going to have to do it without Gronk again. He re broke his arm and is out for the rest of the postseason.

I believe Gronk was in the first matchup.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

Rex Ryan was our motivator...

It's not going to be about motivation....

It's going to be about EXECUTION.

The Ravens must *NOT* settle for Field Goals in this game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Well New England is going to have to do it without Gronk again. He re broke his arm and is out for the rest of the postseason.

I believe Gronk was in the first matchup.
    I know, right, they only scored 41 points trying to adjust on the fly without him and Woodhead. However will the Pats survive at home next week?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gronk being out hurts a lot - adjustment talk aside. He's starting to look not very durable unfortunately - which I never would have expected for a guy as big and athletic as he is.

Anyway, Brady is the key to the Pats as anyone knows. I think the Ravens are more capable of pressuring Brady than the Texans D. Watt's a great player but it takes more than edge pressure to knock Brady off his game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    It's not going to be about motivation....

It's going to be about EXECUTION.

The Ravens must *NOT* settle for Field Goals in this game.
    Exactly. It gets silly when fans start talking about games at a professional level being determined by "motivation," as if professional athletes need to be incentivized, cajoled, or tricked into caring whether or not they win or lose. I suspect a fair amount of it derives from the age old white perception of "lazy blacks."
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 01-14-2013 at 12:11 AM.