Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone actually think the Ravens can beat the Patriots

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I think the Ravens can give them a good fight. They will be motivated by last year. If Flacco plays the way he did yesterday, then the Ravens have a good shot.
    Agreed! Plus they were only a dropped pass away from the SB last year! Flacco is the real deal!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I think the Ravens CAN beat the Cheaters. Problem is, not with the current officiating crews and Commisioner of NFL in charge.
    idk, maybe the ray Lewis story is the bigger one for the NFL. And, isn't the rest of the country sick of the Cheatriots already?!

I think the Ravens CAN beat the Cheaters. Problem is, not with the current officiating crews and Commisioner of NFL in charge.
    Lol pats had 95% of the close calls go against them today

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes, but they need to bring their A game. Ne is going to be up for them this time around and Ray Lewis is looking old.

Yes, they are a much more physical team, punish them with Rice and then throw down field... Ravens defense is Better than Houston.

It's really anyone's game IMO.

Rookie
    Hope so.
    Just sick n tired of hearing Phil S. talking with Tammys di** in his mouth the whole game.

Tom Brady and the Pats offense are a

Touch Down machine. Flacco can only win if he is almost perfect in completing passes. Can he have two great games in a row? That may be too much to ask of him. Pats will face SF in the SB.

All League
    Yes, the Ravens can win the game. The Patriots will (and should) be favored, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Ravens won.

Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Lol pats had 95% of the close calls go against them today
    didn`t see the game at all but the other 5% of the calls were most likely crucial. How many holding calls were NOT called against the Pats today? Can`t be answered unless you answer all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I give them a better chance than I gave the Texans.
    Word

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    I guess we can move on from Houston

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Hell no

didn`t see the game at all but the other 5% of the calls were most likely crucial. How many holding calls were NOT called against the Pats today? Can`t be answered unless you answer all of them.
    Chandler Jones couldn't buy a holding call today, even when his facemask was pushed straight back up on camera. Two seconds got put back on the "Foxboro" clock that allowed the Texans to kick an end-of-half field goal. Tell me again how Kraft and Belichick run the NFL with crazy conspiracies.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Chandler Jones couldn't buy a holding call today, even when his facemask was pushed straight back up on camera. Two seconds got put back on the "Foxboro" clock that allowed the Texans to kick an end-of-half field goal. Tell me again how Kraft and Belichick run the NFL with crazy conspiracies.
    The Pats forced and recovered a fumble, which was then overturned by the refs, who said the runner's forward progress was stopped. Pay no mind to the fact that the strip happened as soon as the runner was first hit and there was no whistle.

Brandon Lloyd got flagged for unsportsmanlike for throwing a ball at the ref. This was on the Houston 10 or so, and NE had to settle for a FG. My friend, a Pittsburgh fan, texts me (and I quote): "As a totally biased Pats hater, that call was bull****."

Seriously, if all someone saw was the calls, they'd swear it was in Houston.

But please, let's let the guy who didn't see the game continue to talk about the officiating.

Veteran
    Oh for sure - I'd call this game a coin-flip. I think the Pats lack a real answer for the Boldin+Smith duo and the Raven's D is still capable of putting up a big game. Whoever wins is definitely going to have to earn it and I think it will be a great game. Much more excited to see this one than the NFC version.

All Jets are pulling for the Ravens. I hope that they win. I think that they can but my money is on the Pats getting back to the superbowl. An all Harbaugh superbowl would be crazy.

The Ravens have balls. They won't back down. They're a hard team to count out.

Ravens already beat them this year. Plus the Patsies won't have Gronk or Jones.

Say hello to a Harbaugh Superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Yes, Flacco is much better than Schaub, and the Ravens beat them last year, if not for an awful drop by some a-hole WR from Buffalo.
    Flacco also has way more weapons. They can hit you from anywhere. Smith may be better then AJ at this point and no one can stop Rice. Pierce, Boldin, Jones, Pitta, Dickson, and even Taylor in the WC are all pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Ravens already beat them this year. Plus the Patsies won't have Gronk or Jones.

Say hello to a Harbaugh Superbowl
    Brady admitted in his presser that they had to make a lot of adjustments losing Woodhead and Gronk in the first series. No problem, they took Vereen off the bench and let him do his best impression of Tomlinson to the tune of 3 TDs. Scored 41 offensive points. As long as 12 is under center, they will mix and match their way down the field to points.

Momentum is everything in NFL playoff football. The Ravens are rolling down hill at this point and in my mind are playing with house money.

It would take a huge offensive game from the Ravens to put up enough points to win this game, but they have shown the ability to do so. If only their defense can muster up one more classic game it will be a thriller.

To me, it comes down to Ray Rice. If he keeps the chains moving effectively and allows Flacco to throw bombs to Boldin and Smith they could put up enough points. If the Ravens D can force a few turnovers they have a real good chance to win.

Likely, it won't happen and that's why the Pats are favored by 8 at this point.

I would like nothing more than to see Brady struggle (like he did against the Giants twice) and have Baltimore squeak by with a win.

I like the Niners to beat either AFC team but I just don't trust the Falcons at all. On paper, they have the deep threats and the running game to beat anyone of things work out favorably for them.

Should be a fantastic finish to the 2012-2013 season.

And finally, how in the world can't you just drool over Russel Wilson. This man nearly became a legend today. I hope this wasn't his career highlight.