Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 143

Thread: NY Post reporting decision close, favorite is,,,

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Exactly

    I'm not buying into any of these silly ass tweets or reports.

    Hell, half of them are from totally unreliable sources like Jake Steinberg who is no more reputable than Incarcerated Bob.

    When Schefter reports it, I'll believe it.
    +1

    There's been a ridiculous amount of misinformation being tweeted as fact, only to later be proven to be false.

    - Gamble was their guy, then he wasn't.

    - Then they were flying Caldwell back for a second interview, but it wasn't true.

    - Then Cohen was the guy. Then they responded by interviewing a slew of other guys.

    - They flew to Canada to meet with Popp, then it turned out to be North Carolina, then it turned out that they never interviewed him at all.

    - Then they were meeting with Russ Ball. Yesterday it came out that they never met with him.

    And on, and on, and on.

    At this point I don't believe anything I read or hear until I actually see Woody Johnson introducing the new GM.

  2. #22
    Why all the Jerry Angelo hate? As GM he always had teams that were well stocked with talented young players. If Lovie Smith were a better coach, Angelo would still have a job. The only thing he's never done is hit on a QB in the draft, but he did manage to engineer a trade for a pro-bowl QB.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Why all the Jerry Angelo hate? As GM he always had teams that were well stocked with talented young players. If Lovie Smith were a better coach, Angelo would still have a job. The only thing he's never done is hit on a QB in the draft, but he did manage to engineer a trade for a pro-bowl QB.
    His overall resume is a mixed bag and he whiffed on some big draft picks. Jarron Gilbert, Michael Haynes and Chris Williams.

    However, He did acquire some of the greatest players in Bears history with the likes of Jay Cutler, Julius Peppers, Lance Briggs, Matt Forte, Charles Tillman, Devin Hester etc

  4. #24
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    37,079
    If you want to succeed as a GM you really only have to do one thing well and that's get a dynamite franchise QB. You can be average at almost everything else by acquiring decent players and managing a reasonable Cap/financial situation. But if you get that QB it covers up a LOT of mistakes.

  5. #25
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    37,079
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    His overall resume is a mixed bag and he whiffed on some big draft picks. Jarron Gilbert, Michael Haynes and Chris Williams.

    However, He did acquire some of the greatest players in Bears history with the likes of Jay Cutler, Julius Peppers, Lance Briggs, Matt Forte, Charles Tillman, Devin Hester etc
    Just like most GMs, a mixed bag.

    Tanny presiding over drafts that got us Mangold, DBrick, Wilkerson and possibly the greatest Jets defender of all time in Darrelle Revis (and that's saying something on a team that had Joe Klecko, etc)

    Tanny also took Vlad Ducasse, Vernon Gholston, etc.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    His overall resume is a mixed bag and he whiffed on some big draft picks. Jarron Gilbert, Michael Haynes and Chris Williams.

    However, He did acquire some of the greatest players in Bears history with the likes of Jay Cutler, Julius Peppers, Lance Briggs, Matt Forte, Charles Tillman, Devin Hester etc
    Haynes and Williams were bad misses.

    But Jarron Gilbert was a third round pick. It's like they whiffed on Vernon Gholston.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Why all the Jerry Angelo hate? As GM he always had teams that were well stocked with talented young players. If Lovie Smith were a better coach, Angelo would still have a job. The only thing he's never done is hit on a QB in the draft, but he did manage to engineer a trade for a pro-bowl QB.
    I wouldn't hate Angelo as GM. He's a safe pick, IMO. You're not getting Matt Millen by hiring him, but you're also not getting Ernie Accorsi. He's a solid, yet unspectacular GM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    If you want to succeed as a GM you really only have to do one thing well and that's get a dynamite franchise QB. You can be average at almost everything else by acquiring decent players and managing a reasonable Cap/financial situation. But if you get that QB it covers up a LOT of mistakes.
    Little Teddy Bridgewater. Would be nice to have the no.1 overall next year, assuming he's eligible (I think he might be 17 years old at the moment).

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    All three suck and are just cronies....Woodey is clueless
    Woody is not doing the search, the contractor is.

    Woody will be involved in the decision, obviously, but assembling the "final list" is somethign he's paid the comntractor, a well respected one, to do.

    So perhaps the Contractor is clueless?

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Woody is not doing the search, the contractor is.

    Woody will be involved in the decision, obviously, but assembling the "final list" is somethign he's paid the comntractor, a well respected one, to do.

    So perhaps the Contractor is clueless?

    YES! Why else would they be working for Woody????



  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    If Korn Ferry wasn't involved, I'd be a lot more worried. The firm's reputation's on the line here too. I'm certain the guys working this search will do everything in their power to keep Woody and Glat from screwing this up royally.
    +1

  12. #32

    Angry

    jets don't know what the hell they are doing and i don't like any of these 3 so called finalists!!!

  13. #33
    If those are the three finalists then the job should be Khan's. Hiring Cohen would be pathetic and Angelo could actually help make the offense WORSE - basically we'd have the same team. At least with Khan, although not a football guy, once Rex is canned after 2013 we can get someone from the Steeler organization - perhaps even Mr. Cowher.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Woody is not doing the search, the contractor is.

    Woody will be involved in the decision, obviously, but assembling the "final list" is somethign he's paid the comntractor, a well respected one, to do.

    So perhaps the Contractor is clueless?

    You don't see great teams get contractors like the Patriots or Steelers they get football people to make football decisions. Woody is guilty of burdening us with Tebow, Farve (when Pennington was as good at that stage of his career and forcing us to draft a young QB to sell PSL's. Woody is a joke of an owner putting these inept GM candidates without a backbone in play will set us back until the end of this decade.

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,512

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,650
    So they repeated schefter's tweet in their own words?

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    According to the Post the 3 finalists are Angelo, Cohen and Khan. Of these supposedly the favorite is Angelo. I always suspected Cohen would end up in the final mix. Angelo as an experienced GM ith a history of some success is a decent selection IMO. At this point the Jets need to move forward and assembling their depleted staff.
    Like I said in another thread, hiring Angelo would be like hiring a washed up lounge singer to be your headline act in a hip downtown club.

    Ridiculous. Woody just wants a guy who is willing to be a yes man to Ryan's desires. At this point in his career, Angelo would be willing to do that. Who else was after Jerry Angelo?

  18. #38
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Like I said in another thread, hiring Angelo would be like hiring a washed up lounge singer to be your headline act in a hip downtown club.

    Ridiculous. Woody just wants a guy who is willing to be a yes man to Ryan's desires. At this point in his career, Angelo would be willing to do that. Who else was after Jerry Angelo?
    And you know this how?

  19. #39
    The problem is that Woody is looking at the spreadsheet Korn/Ferry gave to him upside down, out of the 15 candidates they have on the list those are the bottom choices not the top.

  20. #40
    I really hope Khan gets the job at this point. Cohen and Angelo would cause this search to formulate into a colossal failure.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us