Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 143

Thread: NY Post reporting decision close, favorite is,,,

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    It was common knowledge that Tanny and Cohen mocked Bradway over Russell Wilson.
    NFL.com Reported that Bradway liked him (Wilson).

    I don't see any source of the claim that "Tanny and Cohen mocked him".

    Can you provide a link to that? Sounds like interestign reading.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    If it makes you happier to think Woody is the problem (the one guy we're not going to get rid of....ever) so be it.

    Like debating a 9-11 for Truth'er, discussing Woody with Jets Fans right now is a certified impossibillity or speculation, projection, conspiracy and more.

    Fans want blood, the owners is the blood they want.
    fish, there is certainly blame to go around but Woody is part of the problem. He is the man who has his name on the checks and he hires the people who hire the people....

  3. #123
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,512
    I really don't want anything to do with Angelo. We already have Cohen on staff and he's not going anywhere unless the new GM fires him. So if this Post report is true, why don't we just hire Khan as GM and keep Cohen as his assistant?

  4. #124
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    My take is different. After taking taking an unbisased look at all the available information, I have come to the conclusion that Denver hoodwinked the Jets when they traded Tebow to us. By most accounts, the Jets were shocked once they realized just how bad Tebow actually was. THAT is why they didn't play him.


    We should have kept him. If we had, then we would know EXACTLY how the GM search was going and there would be no need to speculate.

    Then we could have let him go after the search.



    The thought has crossed my mind...

    Let's make pretend. What if Cohen actually were the best candidate and blew the Jets away in his interview? It's certainly a possiblity (that I haven't heard mentioned).

    It would really suck not to promote him because of public perception if he was a promising candidate.
    Good points. Lets say that Cohen blew them away with his interview. He must have because he is still in the running. But what is more important, an interview that may take up to several hours or a body of work that is 5 years. I know none of us REALLY know what the heck was going on in our war room the last several years so we all speculate.

    We do know this, Tanny had zero background in personnel. No one argues that. So three people were responsible for giving him input, Cohen, Rex Ryan, and Bradway (this assumes that Bradway speaks for he scouting department).

    Woody knows who was behind the decision making process. Whose idea was it to bring in Tebow as your back up rather than go after Wilson? Whose idea was it to sign Holmes, Harris, and Sanchez to their latest contracts - all the while playing hardball with Revis?

    Lets say it was all Rex. What I am fearful of is that if Cohen was not the lead guy influencing Tanny or in other words deferring to Rex, why would that change just because he has a new title?

    Rex has already had too much influence on our roster. Look at Coughlin. Multi SBs and he isn't running the show.

  5. #125
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    If it makes you happier to think Woody is the problem (the one guy we're not going to get rid of....ever) so be it.

    Like debating a 9-11 for Truth'er, discussing Woody with Jets Fans right now is a certified impossibillity or speculation, projection, conspiracy and more.

    Fans want blood, the owners is the blood they want.
    It doesn't make me happier, it makes me sadder. And realistic.

    It's not like debating a conspiracy theorist - because there is a body of evidence from which to draw a conclusion, something you seem incapable of realizing and acknowledging. Woody is the owner. He makes the decisions! Conspiracy theory! The fact that you have to cry CT indicates you not only have no basis for your argument but are deluding yourself and in denial, refusing to see facts.

  6. #126

    the pick will be cohen

    in my opinion the pick will be cohen.the jets will see how he works out as the g.m. this year.if not the jets will wait untill next season to make major changes.

  7. #127
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    NFL.com Reported that Bradway liked him (Wilson).

    I don't see any source of the claim that "Tanny and Cohen mocked him".

    Can you provide a link to that? Sounds like interestign reading.
    Using my phone at work but I will look tonight. Yes Bradway was so heated he pounded his fist on the table and carried on. So much so that Cohen and Tanny called him "Russell Bradway."

    Who's laughing now.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    in my opinion the pick will be cohen.the jets will see how he works out as the g.m. this year.if not the jets will wait untill next season to make major changes.
    Woody would look very foolish after sending serious money to get an agency to find the ideal GM.

  9. #129
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    in my opinion the pick will be cohen.the jets will see how he works out as the g.m. this year.if not the jets will wait untill next season to make major changes.
    I thought that same thing - put him in there and blow the whole thing up next year.

    Woody is not going to do that. He has invested too much time and talked to too many people not to make this decision long term. If Its Cohen, he is going to get paid and extended. Woody is just not going to turn around and do this all again next year.

  10. #130
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,571
    The Chicago Bears Screw Up First Round Draft Pick Trade with the Baltimore Ravens

    The Chicago Bears GM Jerry Angelo took full responsibility for the botched trade with the Baltimore Ravens that occurred during the first round of the NFL draft. However, the Bears didn't end up compensating the Ravens' as Commissioner Roger Goodell suggested.

    Chicago who owned the 29th pick of the first round and Baltimore who were three spots ahead of the Bears were in trade discussions during Baltimore's allotted time. Chicago, who ended up selecting offensive tackle Gabe Carimi, had a deal in place with Baltimore to move up to take Carimi. The details of the deal were that the Bears would swap first round picks with the Ravens and give up a fourth rounder this year. Baltimore's General Manager Ozzie Newsome phone the trade into the NFL Office, as required, with around 2:30 left in their allotted time.
    The problem was Chicago didn't make the call because Angelo delegated the responsibility to two Bears staffers who thought the other made the call. Baltimore got confirmation about the trade so after the Ravens allotted time ran out, once the allotted time runs out the team temporarily forfeits that picks, the Kansas City Chiefs handed their pick to Goodell and selected Wide Receiver Jonathan Baldwin. Baltimore then composed themselves and took cornerback Jimmy Smith with the 27th pick.

  11. #131
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,192
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    The Chicago Bears Screw Up First Round Draft Pick Trade with the Baltimore Ravens

    The Chicago Bears GM Jerry Angelo took full responsibility for the botched trade with the Baltimore Ravens that occurred during the first round of the NFL draft. However, the Bears didn't end up compensating the Ravens' as Commissioner Roger Goodell suggested.

    Chicago who owned the 29th pick of the first round and Baltimore who were three spots ahead of the Bears were in trade discussions during Baltimore's allotted time. Chicago, who ended up selecting offensive tackle Gabe Carimi, had a deal in place with Baltimore to move up to take Carimi. The details of the deal were that the Bears would swap first round picks with the Ravens and give up a fourth rounder this year. Baltimore's General Manager Ozzie Newsome phone the trade into the NFL Office, as required, with around 2:30 left in their allotted time.
    The problem was Chicago didn't make the call because Angelo delegated the responsibility to two Bears staffers who thought the other made the call. Baltimore got confirmation about the trade so after the Ravens allotted time ran out, once the allotted time runs out the team temporarily forfeits that picks, the Kansas City Chiefs handed their pick to Goodell and selected Wide Receiver Jonathan Baldwin. Baltimore then composed themselves and took cornerback Jimmy Smith with the 27th pick.
    Sign me up!

  12. #132
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,192
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Woody would look very foolish after sending serious money to get an agency to find the ideal GM.
    Looking foolish doesn't seem to be a deterrent to Woodward.

  13. #133
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    240
    Khan or Gamble

  14. #134
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    648
    The NYPost, is an even bigger tabloid rag than the NYDailyNews....... but people decide that it's the "gospel" when it fits their "sky is falling" mantra. There haven't been a bunch of "leaks" to the press, lately--- which is telling, in and of itself. Therefore, in the absence of actual facts, the media are speculating, on a daily basis, as to what is going on with the Jets.

    In my business, I've had the opportunity to interview and hire numerous people. During the interview process, I didn't routinely talk about the candidates with any other employees..... let alone, outsiders.

    I don't know what the source is, for comments, such as "the Jets can't give the GM job away"....... but, I'm more inclined to believe that it's an agent for a candidate that is no longer being considered, than an actual league-wide consensus. Any agent is going to protect their client--- if a guy isn't being considered by such a "desperate" team, as the Jets are perceived, then he could be considered a bad candidate....... unless the story is spun.
    Last edited by Laxman; 01-14-2013 at 02:46 PM.

  15. #135
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I really hope Khan gets the job at this point. Cohen and Angelo would cause this search to formulate into a colossal failure.
    +1 better not be angelo or else

  16. #136
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    NFL.com Reported that Bradway liked him (Wilson).

    I don't see any source of the claim that "Tanny and Cohen mocked him".

    Can you provide a link to that? Sounds like interestign reading.
    From the Jets blog, FWIW
    The 'joke' sounds mocking.

    2. Another quarterback? If you think the Jets' QB depth chart is crowded now, imagine if Terry Bradway got his way during the last draft. Bradway is the senior personnel executive and he lobbied hard for QB Russell Wilson, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine revealed. "(He) was the champion of Russell Wilson," Pettine said. "The joke was that they were calling him 'Russell Bradway.' He just loved him so much." Wilson was picked by the Seahawks in the third round (75th overall). The Jets selected LB Demario Davis two picks later. It would've been real interesting if the Seahawks had passed on Wilson and he was there for the Jets.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...of-tannys-past

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    NFL.com Reported that Bradway liked him (Wilson).

    I don't see any source of the claim that "Tanny and Cohen mocked him".

    Can you provide a link to that? Sounds like interestign reading.
    I'm also not sure how relevant it is. I don't think anyone would have thought that Wilson was worth a 2nd round pick, and he was gone before the Jets 3rd round pick.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    It doesn't make me happier, it makes me sadder. And realistic.
    Well, you'll have to reconcile your Jets Fandom with teh fact that Woody is all but guaranteed to be our owner for many, many more years. Given your feelings on the matter, thats bound to suck horribly for you.

    It's not like debating a conspiracy theorist - because there is a body of evidence from which to draw a conclusion, something you seem incapable of realizing and acknowledging.
    What you call evidence, I call creative speculation based on partial circumstantial items and a mess of lolmedia gossip, designed to fit a prejudice against the owner, and willfully ignoring that the Owner employs not one, but several people who are professionally responsible for making those player decisions.

    In point of fact, you don't have a single point of evidence. You have a theory, nothing more, nothing less.

    Now, if we her a few weeks, months or years down the road from Tanny or Rex that "Woody forced Tebow on us", then you'd have at least some evidence/testimony. Or, say, you find a memo signed by Woody in the trash one day saying "You MUST sign Tebow". otherwise, sorry my friend, what you have isn't evidence at all.

  19. #139
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Who gives a sh*t about some report?

    These reporters have been jerking us off left and right throughout this entire process.

    Who knows who to believe?
    This while thread was about responding to the report. I don't believe it, but you asked why we're acting like there is nobody else out there. Because the article says these are our choices. I'm not saying it's a correct article, just responding to it.

  20. #140
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    - We also had reports that Tom Gamble was shoe-in to get the job. So far that has been shown to be false.

    - We also heard that Jim Popp was interviewed. First they got the location of the interview wrong. Then it came out that the interview never even happened (and I'm not even sure I believe that at this point).

    - We heard that Russ Ball interviewed. Now they say he hasn't.

    - We heard that Scott Cohen was the front runner last week. They've supposedly interviewed at least a handful of others since.


    At what point do you stop believing what you read on twitter or in the papers? They've been wrong every step of the way in this process.
    I agree with all this. He asked a question and I responded to it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us