Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Post reporting decision close, favorite is,,,

NY Post reporting decision close, favorite is,,,

According to the Post the 3 finalists are Angelo, Cohen and Khan. Of these supposedly the favorite is Angelo. I always suspected Cohen would end up in the final mix. Angelo as an experienced GM ith a history of some success is a decent selection IMO. At this point the Jets need to move forward and assembling their depleted staff.

All Pro
    All three suck and are just cronies....Woodey is clueless

Khan would be good, I'd also take Cohen. Angelo makes me feel upset and nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    Khan would be good, I'd also take Cohen. Angelo makes me feel upset and nervous.
    Kiiiiirrrrrkkkkk!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    None of these three were my personal preferred options. Angelo makes me nervous, and Cohen is too tied to the old regime for my taste. Khan is more financial whiz than scouting guy, much like Tanny.

Of the three, I probably could accept Khan as a smart guy coming from a very well run team, if he brings a strong scouting type with him to reshape that side of the operation. Khan is highly regarded around the league as a smart, rising talent - hopefully smart enough to bring good people with complementary strengths along with him.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We knew we were going to end up with a weak candidate.. Coming here could be career suicide. We were always going to end up with someone who is either desperate or years away from becoming a GM in the first place.

There is a great chance Rex is one and done. Anyone coming here has to be careful. Our OC hire will be even more of an eye opener. No OC worth a damn is coming here with great chances of the HC being one and done.

All League
    Angelo should be the guy. He got to a Super Bowl with Rex Grossman. What better experience to take over a team with Mark Sanchez.

I wont believe anything until we hired someone...too many conflicting reports out there....

First Gamble was the one...
    then it was that guy Popp...
    then it was saying we didnt interview them...
    then kahn was in the mix...
    then were calling back clients asking them to reconsider and that we cant give away the GM position.....
    we interviewed mystery candidates....
    now we are down to 3 candidates....

Bottom line: Nobody really knows anything....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I wont believe anything until we hired someone...too many conflicting reports out there....

then were calling back clients asking them to reconsider and that we cant give away the GM position.....

Exactly

I'm not buying into any of these silly ass tweets or reports.

Hell, half of them are from totally unreliable sources like Jake Steinberg who is no more reputable than Incarcerated Bob.

When Schefter reports it, I'll believe it.

The way it's been going, it may be this guy.

http://dark.pozadia.org/images/wallp...il%20Clown.jpg

Hall Of Fame
    Out of those three, I guess I'd most prefer Angelo.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post

You have to believe by now that the only reason WOODY has not announced our new GM yet is because he is still involved with one of the few teams that is still playing and is waiting till they are done & the reason the post is saying we are getting close is because the season is almost over ,so we will know by SB Sunday 11pm

Jets Insider VIP
    Someones trash is anothers treasure, no need for a GM retread...

If Korn Ferry wasn't involved, I'd be a lot more worried. The firm's reputation's on the line here too. I'm certain the guys working this search will do everything in their power to keep Woody and Glat from screwing this up royally.

Exactly above. If this was a solo Woody search, we'd be screwed. But the search firm has a great reputation, so it doesn't bother so much.

I understand the GM search has been 2 weeks, but this is obviously a decision you don't want to screw up. Whoever gets hired already knows what he wants to do with the team/roster. And those decisions aren't due until after the Super Bowl.

But I'd like to have a GM in place before the Senior Bowl, especially if the GM is a a personnel guy (which I hope it is).

This search will wrap up very soon.

I am rooting for the Omar Khan scenario. In a way, It's like hiring Cohen as the GM especially if he stays on as assistant GM. It also sets the stage for a targeting Bill Cowher after the Jets falter in 2013. You could do worse than Jerry Angelo. He's an experienced GM who has had some success and has a decent resume but I would prefer to hire the upstart who comes with rings on his resume.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    You have to believe by now that the only reason WOODY has not announced our new GM yet is because he is still involved with one of the few teams that is still playing and is waiting till they are done & the reason the post is saying we are getting close is because the season is almost over ,so we will know by SB Sunday 11pm
    Dave Caldwell was a falcon and now he's a jaguar. The falcons are still In the playoffs. Those rules only apply to coaches, not front office people.

I think the jets didn't find the guy they hoped for but they have to hire somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Exactly above. If this was a solo Woody search, we'd be screwed. But the search firm has a great reputation, so it doesn't bother so much.

I understand the GM search has been 2 weeks, but this is obviously a decision you don't want to screw up. Whoever gets hired already knows what he wants to do with the team/roster. And those decisions aren't due until after the Super Bowl.

But I'd like to have a GM in place before the Senior Bowl, especially if the GM is a a personnel guy (which I hope it is).

This search will wrap up very soon.
    Exactly. The same loudmouths around here who yell about how Rex's two AFCCG appearances don't count because he went 6-10 this year seem to think that the same dynamic doesn't apply to a firm like Korn-Ferry and this search. If KF via Woody trots out some weak candidate that everyone in NFL front offices is chuckling about, does anyone think that's NOT going to hurt the firm's future prospects of running these kinds of searches? Will KF be able to say "The Jets search in 2013 doesn't count! We hired Seattle's GM in 09!!!!1111" ?
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 01-14-2013 at 08:29 AM.