Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Post reporting decision close, favorite is,,,

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post

After reading that article please bring back Mike Tannenbaum. Nice post!

If the experienced, savvy guys are not available or not interested (and we all can understand why one would be cautious about signing here), I'd rather they hire a hungry, even unproven candidate than to promote from within the circus, or to bring on a retread that has a history of mediocrity.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    jets don't know what the hell they are doing and i don't like any of these 3 so called finalists!!!
    Who gives a sh*t what you think? Aren't you a 49ers fan now anyway?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I really hope Khan gets the job at this point. Cohen and Angelo would cause this search to formulate into a colossal failure.
    I am quite certain that no matter who the Jets hire will be portrayed by the media as a colossal failure.

People who like Angelo.... WhAT? These three are all poor candidates. The best of them is Khan, but he's basically Tanny 2.0. We needed personnel expertise, and we aren't getting it. Great. And we're also interviewing garbage OC candidates (cameron) without a GM even in place. This team is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    You don't see great teams get contractors like the Patriots or Steelers they get football people to make football decisions.
    We're not a great team with veteran ownership.

Woody is guilty of burdening us with Tebow
    There is no eveidence of that outside fan speculation.

Farve (when Pennington was as good at that stage of his career and forcing us to draft a young QB to sell PSL's.
    Agree to disagree on the both the foolishness of that move, and Pennington's abillity at that point.

Favre doesn't get hurt, we're a Super Bowl contender that year IMO.

And Pennington was past done by that point, his little flash in Miami nonwithstanding.

Woody is a joke of an owner putting these inept GM candidates without a backbone in play will set us back until the end of this decade.
    I don't believe he could make any decision that would please most Jets Fans tbqh.

No matter who we get, fans will loathe the move in droves. No matter how much success we've had in Woody's ownership tenure (far more than the average NFL team over that period, far less than the "elite") fans seem to hold Woody in lower regard that the worst owners in the NFL.

We're bad because we drafted a QB highly, and he's a bust, and we're in a position of transition from old veterans to younger developing talent.

IMO the current status of the Jets really comes down to those two things. We, as a fanbase, simply lack any form of patience to allow things to be bad.

TLDR: I have no problem with Woody. I think he's an owner who wants to win, wants to produce a great product, and is fine with spending whatever it takes to do so. At this respective point in his ownership, he's far ahead in terms of success comapred to an owner of similar "new generation" like say, Dan Snyder.

End of the day, we're still one of the more successful, winning franchises in the NFL under Woody thus far, and while this year and last sucked, I see Sanchez as the core cause of it, and believe it will be rectified if Sanchez can be replaced with a moderate to upper tier QB talent and a better O-Co and O System than Shotty/Sparano ran.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I am quite certain that no matter who the Jets hire will be portrayed by the media as a colossal failure.
    Well I'd say all three of these candidates would be a colossal failure.

Jets Insider VIP
    And you know this how?
    The best conclusion that can be drawn from reading that Gamble wasn't hired because he was too strong a personality.

And are you aware of any other team that was interested in or interviewed Jerry Angelo?

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Agree to disagree on the both the foolishness of that move, and Pennington's abillity at that point.

And Pennington was past done by that point, his little flash in Miami nonwithstanding.

I don't believe he could make any decision that would please most Jets Fans tbqh.

No matter who we get, fans will loathe the move in droves. No matter how much success we've had in Woody's ownership tenure (far more than the average NFL team over that period, far less than the "elite") fans seem to hold Woody in lower regard that the worst owners in the NFL.

We're bad because we drafted a QB highly, and he's a bust, and we're in a position of transition from old veterans to younger developing talent.

IMO the current status of the Jets really comes down to those two things. We, as a fanbase, simply lack any form of patience to allow things to be bad.

TLDR: I have no problem with Woody. I think he's an owner who wants to win, wants to produce a great product, and is fine with spending whatever it takes to do so. At this respective point in his ownership, he's far ahead in terms of success comapred to an owner of similar "new generation" like say, Dan Snyder.

End of the day, we're still one of the more successful, winning franchises in the NFL under Woody thus far, and while this year and last sucked, I see Sanchez as the core cause of it, and believe it will be rectified if Sanchez can be replaced with a moderate to upper tier QB talent and a better O-Co and O System than Shotty/Sparano ran.
    This...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    The best conclusion that can be drawn from reading that Gamble wasn't hired because he was too strong a personality.

And are you aware of any other team that was interested in or interviewed Jerry Angelo?
    Listen, I like Gamble's background.

But if he was this can't miss, super-GM prospect...then why the hell is he still out there? Why hasn't he garnered any real consideration anyhere else?

The Jets aren't going to make this decision based on some little two paragraph profile from some teams website.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Well I'd say all three of these candidates would be a colossal failure.
    Just because the NY Post says these 3 are the finalists does not make it so.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I am aware of 2 other teams that interviewed Gamble and passed. I am aware that there were GM openings where Gamble was not even considered. Your conclusion is very flawed. You are basing it on the crap the media spews and not on verifiable facts.

Jets Insider VIP
    I see Sanchez as the core cause of it, and believe it will be rectified if Sanchez can be replaced with a moderate to upper tier QB talent and a better O-Co and O System than Shotty/Sparano ran.
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    This...
    Even though Mike Westhoff, who probably had a better view than any of us here on this board, said that Sanchez wasn't the only problem with the Jets? That it was more than just Mark Sanchez?

Jets Insider VIP
    I am aware of 2 other teams that interviewed Gamble and passed. I am aware that there were GM openings where Gamble was not even considered. Your conclusion is very flawed. You are basing it on the crap the media spews and not on verifiable facts.
    I asked how many other teams expressed interest in or interviewed Jerry Angelo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Listen, I like Gamble's background.

But if he was this can't miss, super-GM prospect...then why the hell is he still out there? Why hasn't he garnered any real consideration anyhere else?

The Jets aren't going to make this decision based on some little two paragraph profile from some teams website.
    There weren't that many teams with GM openings to begin with and there were a few very good candidates.

Are we really going to use the old JI standard here? "31 other teams passed on this guy..."

All Pro

In 2000 the Patriots cant be considered veteran ownership. I just think that Woody makes decisions based on selling tickets and increasing value of his team. Why else would he want these spectacles and request to play on Thanksgiving night. I am convinced no top GM or hot GM prospect will come here because Woody forces his GM to make personnel moves, like Tebow or Farve. Football decisions need to be made for football reasons and Woody Johnson is known I am sure in football circles as an owner who forces decisions on his football team for non football reasons and no smart GM will have any part of that.

Jets Insider VIP
    I asked how many other teams expressed interest in or interviewed Jerry Angelo.
    How many other teams have expressed interest in or interviewed Tom Gamble?

San Diego?

Who else?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

San Diego?

Who else?
    'Zactly

Jets Insider VIP
    There weren't that many teams with GM openings to begin with and there were a few very good candidates.

Are we really going to use the old JI standard here? "31 other teams passed on this guy..."
    I don't understand why everyone is acting like we've missed out on all of the top candidates.

Who the hell is off the market worth noting besides Caldwell and Dorsey?

Guys like Idzik, Gaine, Gamble, Popp, Khan, etc are still all out there.

San Diego?

Who else?
    Chiefs, Browns, and Jaguars. That is five teams who have interviewed or requested permission to speak with him.