Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 110

Thread: Matt Moore as QB ?

  1. #41
    A fill-in Journeyman JAG nobody at QB does us and our future no good.

    So pass on Moore.

    If we need a new QB (and we do), we should draft one, or sign one who has long-term potential.

    Moore isn't that guy.

  2. #42
    Is this Tinstar guy seriously saying he wants a certain QB because he stands on the sideline well?


  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    A fill-in Journeyman JAG nobody at QB does us and our future no good.

    So pass on Moore.

    If we need a new QB (and we do), we should draft one, or sign one who has long-term potential.

    Moore isn't that guy.
    i disagree.

    for reasons that have been stated ad nauseum, Sanchez will be a Jet in 2013. the Jets need to bring in a QB who can legitimately push Sanchez in a competition for the starting job, but because of our financial situation, all we can afford is a cheap journeyman with some experience as a starting QB. Matt Moore fits the bill.

    best case scenario: for the first time in his career, Sanchez has to EARN his starting job, he gets his confidence back and we have a viable starting QB for 2013 (and his value around the league is increased should we wish to trade him down the line). worst case scenario: Sanchez continues his downward spiral, Moore beats him for the job, you have a serviceable vet QB in place so 2013 is not a "lost year" before the season even starts.

    in the meantime, the Jets can draft a QB in the middle rounds in April and bring him along slowly, with the hopes that he's ready to take over in 2014.

    just my opinion.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Tebow will be cut or traded. There are cap savings with that cut. Sanchez is pure garbage. The team will draft a QB in one of the 1st 3 rounds of the 2013 draft and likely also grab a Jag like Moore to hold the fort
    Unless we trade Tebow we shouldn't cut him IMO. He is a viable BU in this league if people want to admit it of not. I hate the guy but he has more talent then the other crap we can get for 1.5 mi. Your talking guys like Quinn or Lienard for 1 mil. Maybe after you draft a QB and sign a guy like Carr or TJ but not before. Sanchez should be cut I don't care the cost at this point. He busted move on take the hit. I'd much rather just be done with him then Tebow. If we bring in 3 new QBs fine but if we are going to keep 1 Tebow is the only guy we have with any real value as a player.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Unless we trade Tebow we shouldn't cut him IMO. He is a viable BU in this league if people want to admit it of not. I hate the guy but he has more talent then the other crap we can get for 1.5 mi. Your talking guys like Quinn or Lienard for 1 mil. Maybe after you draft a QB and sign a guy like Carr or TJ but not before. Sanchez should be cut I don't care the cost at this point. He busted move on take the hit. I'd much rather just be done with him then Tebow. If we bring in 3 new QBs fine but if we are going to keep 1 Tebow is the only guy we have with any real value as a player.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Tebow will be cut or traded. There are cap savings with that cut. Sanchez is pure garbage. The team will draft a QB in one of the 1st 3 rounds of the 2013 draft and likely also grab a Jag like Moore to hold the fort
    Pretty much this, unless a kid jumps up the boards like tannehill did next year and the new GM thinks he could be our franchise QB.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I hit it. Seriously these are the dumb ass responses that are just blind hate. You seriously bring nothing to prove yourself. He was actually a starter that won a few games. I could care less how many passes he completed he got the job done when his team needed him the most. That is what you want in a BU. Guys like Quinn and Lienard can't even do that. Is he going to give you 4k yards no but he can win a game or 2 on the fly. He is still young and is not a heartless JA like Sanchez or McNutt.

  8. #48
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    A fill-in Journeyman JAG nobody at QB does us and our future no good.

    So pass on Moore.

    If we need a new QB (and we do), we should draft one, or sign one who has long-term potential.

    Moore isn't that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i disagree.

    for reasons that have been stated ad nauseum, Sanchez will be a Jet in 2013. the Jets need to bring in a QB who can legitimately push Sanchez in a competition for the starting job, but because of our financial situation, all we can afford is a cheap journeyman with some experience as a starting QB. Matt Moore fits the bill.

    best case scenario: for the first time in his career, Sanchez has to EARN his starting job, he gets his confidence back and we have a viable starting QB for 2013 (and his value around the league is increased should we wish to trade him down the line). worst case scenario: Sanchez continues his downward spiral, Moore beats him for the job, you have a serviceable vet QB in place so 2013 is not a "lost year" before the season even starts.

    in the meantime, the Jets can draft a QB in the middle rounds in April and bring him along slowly, with the hopes that he's ready to take over in 2014.

    just my opinion.
    I think that Moore is the perfect guy for the Jets next year AND Sanchez doesn't have to be on the team.

    Of all the potential short term guys, Moore has the most upside. He's not a world beater, but he has some skill. I'm really surprised that he didn't get the starting job for the Fins this year. I understand wanting to give to Tannehill right away, but I thought Moore played well enough in 2011 to deserve it.

    That being said, I don't think Sanchez is definitely on the Jets next year. I'd actually put it at 50/50. I would do everything in my power to move him, sign Moore and draft a QB in the 2nd - 4th round and see what we come up with.

    Moore is the best possible option for the Jets next year. If we find our "Russell Wilson", by all means, start him. If Moore is what we need to go with, throw him out there and see what happens. It gives the team a year to develop the rookie and also gives the team the option to draft a QB high if Bridgewater or someone else is available.

    Having too many talented young QBs on your team is a good problem to have, if it comes to that.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I actually did see what he's talking about. I probably wouldn't have brought it up, but he just looked pretty cool, and confident. Been missing that around here. I know you can't judge a QB from the surface, but he does look the part.

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,150
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I actually did see what he's talking about. I probably wouldn't have brought it up, but he just looked pretty cool, and confident. Been missing that around here. I know you can't judge a QB from the surface, but he does look the part.
    So?

    Put me on an NFL sideline and I could look cool and confident.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I hit it. Seriously these are the dumb ass responses that are just blind hate. You seriously bring nothing to prove yourself. He was actually a starter that won a few games. I could care less how many passes he completed he got the job done when his team needed him the most. That is what you want in a BU. Guys like Quinn and Lienard can't even do that. Is he going to give you 4k yards no but he can win a game or 2 on the fly. He is still young and is not a heartless JA like Sanchez or McNutt.
    Mark Sanchez is also a starter that won games, playoff games, etc. Hell, he beat Brady and Peyton on the road. Does that mean he's a good QB? No.

    Sorry, but your weird fascination with that FB is giving off a creepy, oompa loompa vibe.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Mark Sanchez is also a starter that won games, playoff games, etc. Hell, he beat Brady and Peyton on the road. Does that mean he's a good QB? No.

    Sorry, but your weird fascination with that FB is giving off a creepy, oompa loompa vibe.
    Didn't say he was good. 1.5 mil is not enough to get a better BU though. At best your talking a washed up has been that doesn't have a 3rd of his ability. It is not enough to say 100% you cut the guy without having his replacement already on the roster. Cut Sanchez because YOU HAVE TO. I can care less if he is a better QB he has shown no heart and has quit on this team 2 years in a row now. Elroy is complete trash too that likes to bash his team. Tebow may not be a good option but he is by far the teammate of those 3. Yeah you bring in QBs to compete don't make him the damn starter. He does have some value unlike the other 2. This no I wouldn't even conciser it makes 0 sense to me. He has done nothing but win when he plays. If you ever saw Kaepernick play before this year he was the same QB as Tebow almost exact. I agree I don't like that kind of QB but yeah it wins.

  13. #53
    lol, we absolutely can find better than Tebow. Moore would be a better option than Tebow. If you SERIOUSLY think Tebow is irreplaceable, you're more delusional that I thought.

    And comparing Tebow to Kaepernick is just silly. Kaepernick can do that thing that QBs do sometimes. What's it called? Throwing the ball? Ah, yes. Tim is trash and deserves the CFL, if that.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Didn't say he was good. 1.5 mil is not enough to get a better BU though. At best your talking a washed up has been that doesn't have a 3rd of his ability. It is not enough to say 100% you cut the guy without having his replacement already on the roster. Cut Sanchez because YOU HAVE TO. I can care less if he is a better QB he has shown no heart and has quit on this team 2 years in a row now. Elroy is complete trash too that likes to bash his team. Tebow may not be a good option but he is by far the teammate of those 3. Yeah you bring in QBs to compete don't make him the damn starter. He does have some value unlike the other 2. This no I wouldn't even conciser it makes 0 sense to me. He has done nothing but win when he plays. If you ever saw Kaepernick play before this year he was the same QB as Tebow almost exact. I agree I don't like that kind of QB but yeah it wins.
    Agree. Keep Tebow as an inexpensive backup who is a great team guy.

    Be careful though as you are making sense...

  15. #55

    Dreamers and Tebow

    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, we absolutely can find better than Tebow. Moore would be a better option than Tebow. If you SERIOUSLY think Tebow is irreplaceable, you're more delusional that I thought.

    And comparing Tebow to Kaepernick is just silly. Kaepernick can do that thing that QBs do sometimes. What's it called? Throwing the ball? Ah, yes. Tim is trash and deserves the CFL, if that.
    Come clean, dreamers, you just wanna see more of those shirtless shots at Jets training camp

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Come clean, dreamers, you just wanna see more of those shirtless shots at Jets training camp

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, we absolutely can find better than Tebow. Moore would be a better option than Tebow. If you SERIOUSLY think Tebow is irreplaceable, you're more delusional that I thought.

    And comparing Tebow to Kaepernick is just silly. Kaepernick can do that thing that QBs do sometimes. What's it called? Throwing the ball? Ah, yes. Tim is trash and deserves the CFL, if that.
    Moore will cost he 5 mil easy. Don't know why people think he is not getting a raise from his 3.5 mil he got last year. You sign him it is to start though not as a BU. Draft a 6-7 rounder to compete with Tebow I don't care. 1.5 mil is not a lot for a BU. Your talking guys like Leftwich will make over 1 mil. Kaepernick is the same guy dude watch him play some time. lol

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Now I gotta admit that is funny.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Moore will cost he 5 mil easy. Don't know why people think he is not getting a raise from his 3.5 mil he got last year. You sign him it is to start though not as a BU. Draft a 6-7 rounder to compete with Tebow I don't care. 1.5 mil is not a lot for a BU. Your talking guys like Leftwich will make over 1 mil.
    Moore would be a better option than Tebow, easily. Tebow most likely isn't even going to be here next year, so why would we try to accommodate his sorry ass? Rex even said in the presser that unless Mark plays better, there's going to be changes. So, clearly, backups would be competing with MARK, not Tim.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Moore would be a better option than Tebow, easily. Tebow most likely isn't even going to be here next year, so why would we try to accommodate his sorry ass?
    So your cutting all 3 QBs spending a fortune to get a JAG like Moore then what?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us