Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Matt Moore as QB ?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Moore would be a better option than Tebow, easily. Tebow most likely isn't even going to be here next year, so why would we try to accommodate his sorry ass?
    Gee McGinley...all teams have backups. Tebow as a $1.5M backup who can do other things is a good thing...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He destroyed us twice, so why not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    So your cutting all 3 QBs spending a fortune to get a JAG like Moore then what?
    Not all 3; just Tim, lol.

Tim sucks ass, mate. He's not going to be our starter, so why you're thinking we're going to be planning and building around him is just weird.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    Gee McGinley...all teams have backups. Tebow as a $1.5M backup who can do other things is a good thing...
    He can do other things except play QB, haha.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a shame

So your cutting all 3 QBs spending a fortune to get a JAG like Moore then what?
    I don't want Tebow, because of all the distraction. First time Matt Moore, Sanchez, or anybody has a bad game, the media intentionally will start barking Tebow. More than any other backup in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I gotta admit that is funny.
    I think this one looks a lot better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is seriously not Madden Football guys. Viable BUs and/or starting QBs aren't had for 1.5 mil. Your not going to make a trade for Romo or Rivers and pat them 2 mil to play. As a #3 QB if we think he can be trained you keep him. There is too much up side to drop for that little cash. A 1 mil FA QB is not going to play better then him sorry. To not even bring him into camp and just take anther cap hit just to get him off the team is stupid. Trade him for a 6th at least. I seriously don't care. But if you can't at least get that he is much more proven then any JAG your going to get for 1.5 mil. At least sign the replacement before cutting him as all. That is plain stupidity to think your going to find a better QB to be a 2nd or 3rd string guy. Draft 2 new QB and bring in a few cheap options. If they beat him out fine but all your taking is walking into the off season with 0 QBs IMO. Well we already have that but you know what I mean. You want him gone because you don't like him as a person. Who cares it has nothing to do with what he has done on the field. Well he couldn't absorb the O. Neither did Farve his 1st year or his 2nd year or his 1st year here. I just don't get how you have one player with value and say just cut him and get nothing back. He will end up on someone roster next year he has ability just needs training. Again Colin last year was the same friggen guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not Madden, of course. Doesn't change the fact that Tim Tebow is not a viable option. Dude is terrible. Move along.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

He's gone Dreamers

This is seriously not Madden Football guys. Viable BUs and/or starting QBs aren't had for 1.5 mil. Your not going to make a trade for Romo or Rivers and pat them 2 mil to play. As a #3 QB if we think he can be trained you keep him. There is too much up side to drop for that little cash. A 1 mil FA QB is not going to play better then him sorry. To not even bring him into camp and just take anther cap hit just to get him off the team is stupid. Trade him for a 6th at least. I seriously don't care. But if you can't at least get that he is much more proven then any JAG your going to get for 1.5 mil. At least sign the replacement before cutting him as all. That is plain stupidity to think your going to find a better QB to be a 2nd or 3rd string guy. Draft 2 new QB and bring in a few cheap options. If they beat him out fine but all your taking is walking into the off season with 0 QBs IMO. Well we already have that but you know what I mean. You want him gone because you don't like him as a person. Who cares it has nothing to do with what he has done on the field. Well he couldn't absorb the O. Neither did Farve his 1st year or his 2nd year or his 1st year here. I just don't get how you have one player with value and say just cut him and get nothing back. He will end up on someone roster next year he has ability just needs training. Again Colin last year was the same friggen guy.
    Like death and taxes, tebow being released is a certainty.Half of it has to do with his skills, the other half is the distraction it creates around the team,especially in New York.
    Last edited by crasherino; 01-14-2013 at 04:33 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like death and taxes, tebow being released is a certainty.Half of it has to do with his skills, the other half is the distraction it creates around the team,especially in New York.
    If it was a certainty he'd be gone already. This isn't like Sanchez where we couldn't have cut him the last few weeks. Nothing is certain. Personally I'd love to see 3 new QBs but I don't think you are right. One will still be here. I just don't want it to be Mark or Elroy because they are bigger distractions then Tebow IMO. Tebow was a minor distraction only magnified by the fact they kept trotting out the only 2 most worthless QBs I can think of. I said it during the season if you want him gone they had to start him. They didn't which makes me think they still have plans for him. If they had started him I agree 100% he'd be gone but they didn't.
    Last edited by crasherino; 01-14-2013 at 04:33 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

We shall see

Like death and taxes, tebow being released is a certainty.Half of it has to do with his skills, the other half is the distraction it creates around the team,especially in New York.[/QUOTE]

If it was a certainty he'd be gone already. This isn't like Sanchez where we couldn't have cut him the last few weeks. Nothing is certain. Personally I'd love to see 3 new QBs but I don't think you are right. One will still be here. I just don't want it to be Mark or Elroy because they are bigger distractions then Tebow IMO. Tebow was a minor distraction only magnified by the fact they kept trotting out the only 2 most worthless QBs I can think of. I said it during the season if you want him gone they had to start him. They didn't which makes me think they still have plans for him. If they had started him I agree 100% he'd be gone but they didn't.[/QUOTE]I think McElroy is the only one coming back.If Tebow does go,i wish him the best of luck though.He never got a chance to do his thing here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think McElroy is the only one coming back.If Tebow does go,i wish him the best of luck though.He never got a chance to do his thing here.

I never say this about anyone but if that DBag is back in green next year I hope he gets hurt. True scum IMO. I'll take anyone but Vick over him.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never say this about anyone but if that DBag is back in green next year I hope he gets hurt. True scum IMO. I'll take anyone but Vick over him.
    Agree. Anyone good is not gonna be cheap. We have no cap and would still need to pay Mark. Alex Smith ain't gonna be here and Matt Moore wouldn't want this gig if the Marky is here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree. Anyone good is not gonna be cheap. We have no cap and would still need to pay Mark. Alex Smith ain't gonna be here and Matt Moore wouldn't want this gig if the Marky is here.
    So you admit Tim isn't good.

Fantastic doing business with you.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you admit Tim isn't good.

Fantastic doing business with you.
    Gee buddy. You just won't let go.

If you follow the thread we are talking about bringing in a viable starter. Nobody is talking Tebow as the starter here. We just assume he'd be an inexpensive backup...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gee buddy. You just won't let go.

If you follow the thread we are talking about bringing in a viable starter. Nobody is talking Tebow as the starter here. We just assume he'd be an inexpensive backup...
    SO YOU ADMIT TIM ISN'T GOOD, YES OR NO?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    SO YOU ADMIT TIM ISN'T GOOD, YES OR NO?
    To be a starter as an NFL QB right now? No he is not. As a viable backup QB right now Yes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be a starter as an NFL QB right now? No he is not. As a viable backup QB right now Yes.
    So backups shouldn't be good?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    So backups shouldn't be good?
    I think he is a good backup. My goodness you are like a dog with a bone. Every position on the team has a backup. Yes I believe Tebow as a player is a good QB backup. WTF is wrong with that?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who are u talking about, McElroy or Tebow and why such hars words.