Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Matt Moore as QB ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    I think he is a good backup. My goodness you are like a dog with a bone. Every position on the team has a backup. Yes I believe Tebow as a player is a good QB backup. WTF is wrong with that?
    Tim has shown he can't even beat out the real backup, Greg McElroy. Why should we keep Tim when we already have a backup that the team believes is better? Because he's a "great team guy"? He wasn't a great team guy when he stopped running the wildcat after he didn't get to start in the last weeks of the season.

Why keep a guy who isn't good enough to be the starter, can't beat out the real backup, and apparently will only do what's asked if he thinks he'll eventually get his way?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Tim has shown he can't even beat out the real backup, Greg McElroy. Why should we keep Tim when we already have a backup that the team believes is better? Because he's a "great team guy"? He wasn't a great team guy when he stopped running the wildcat after he didn't get to start in the last weeks of the season.

Why keep a guy who isn't good enough to be the starter, can't beat out the real backup, and apparently will only do what's asked if he thinks he'll eventually get his way?
    Glad to have you as a Jet fan dude. No more peeing in the fan for me. Time will tell. Cheers

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    Glad to have you as a Jet fan dude. No more peeing in the fan for me. Time will tell. Cheers
    "SWEEP THE LEG, JOHNNY! GET HIM A BODY BAG!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know why people are saying $1.5M for a back up is a bargain. Of course it is, it's just not relevant to the Jets. Our back up is Sanchez. We don't have a starter on this team yet. Not saying its going to Matt Moore either. No GM is coming here and allowing Sanchez anywhere near the huddle unless he has a brain transplant with Tom Brady.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Who are u talking about, McElroy or Tebow and why such hars words.
    McElroy is the biggest kind of scum IMO. Threw his whole team under the bus last year and was rewarded for it by the coaching staff. F him. He doesn't have more talent then Tim and is a prick to boot. If he makes this team next year Rex should be fired to start the year IMO. I am so done with these cancerous ass holes who bash their team mates then expect everyone to mesh on the field. Sit down you little bench warmer and shut up. If he was a starter that is one thing but he had no business saying those things last year it was very low class. You want to say that say it to their faces not the press.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I don't know why people are saying $1.5M for a back up is a bargain. Of course it is, it's just not relevant to the Jets. Our back up is Sanchez. We don't have a starter on this team yet. Not saying its going to Matt Moore either. No GM is coming here and allowing Sanchez anywhere near the huddle unless he has a brain transplant with Tom Brady.
    Sanchez may be the better QB but no way should they keep him on the roster IMO. I don't care of the price there he needs to be off the team. The dude has no heart and would only be hard to look at in the locker room for those guys. You just can't go from the Sanchize to a 3rd string QB and it not effect the locker room. It would just be a reminder that some of those guys wasted 4 years of their lives giving him his shot.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    IMHO Rex will be the coach and Sanchez will start next year. No way we have high paid Sanchez and another high paid QB brought in.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    McElroy is the biggest kind of scum IMO. Threw his whole team under the bus last year and was rewarded for it by the coaching staff. F him. He doesn't have more talent then Tim and is a prick to boot. If he makes this team next year Rex should be fired to start the year IMO. I am so done with these cancerous ass holes who bash their team mates then expect everyone to mesh on the field. Sit down you little bench warmer and shut up. If he was a starter that is one thing but he had no business saying those things last year it was very low class. You want to say that say it to their faces not the press.
    Wow dude i think you have the wrong idea about this kid. Should he have said what he said, probably not, but what he did say was not grounds for a hanging . Someone asked an impressionable kid a question and he answered it as honestly as he could without naming names.

Here is my opinion on that . If you were a member of that team and what he said bothered you, then he was probably talking about you. If it didn't bother you, then you should not be offended.

A no comment would have probably been the smart thing to do, but the kid told the truth.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow dude i think you have the wrong idea about this kid. Should he have said what he said, probably not, but what he did say was not grounds for a hanging . Someone asked an impressionable kid a question and he answered it as honestly as he could without naming names.

Here is my opinion on that . If you were a member of that team and what he said bothered you, then he was probably talking about you. If it didn't bother you, then you should not be offended.

A no comment would have probably been the smart thing to do, but the kid told the truth.
    BS It was a chicken **** thing to say and I wouldn't want him on my team if he was talking about me or not. He got what he deserved when the OL forgot to block for him IMO. Get that trash out of the locker room. We have enough bad attitudes already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BS It was a chicken **** thing to say and I wouldn't want him on my team if he was talking about me or not. He got what he deserved when the OL forgot to block for him IMO. Get that trash out of the locker room. We have enough bad attitudes already.
    I respect your opinion even if i disagree. I find it funny that the only 2 people to show any leadership on this team during that period are hated by the fans. Shottenheimer pulled Holmes from the game and sat his miserable butt on the bench and the Only other person to try and hold the team accountable was Mcelroy.

Nobody in the NY media was asking a 3rd string QB what he thought . He went home and because of his stature in the community he was asked a question and he answered it truthfully without naming name.

You say his teamates were right to almost get him killed (if that is what they did) because he threw them under the Bus . If what u say is even remotely true, do theyall deserve the same punishment for throwing him to the wolves. How does 2 wrongs make a right especially if those commiting the 2nd wrong should know better.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 01-14-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    The key is - the team can not and must not overspend on a JAG! If any of these guys can come in at a respectable price tag, I'm all for it. At this point, I believe Moore is probably the best option of the JAGs available.
    Plus there will be little money in general to spend at all; every dollar must be accounted for to get adequate replacements.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take two ex-lax and lie down! McElroy had the guts to put his name on a hot topic rather then the guys who do not care to be mentioned by name when they taljk to the media. Was anything that McElroy said : wrong? I do not care for any player to wash it out in the media but the guy made a mistake and you are ready ro crucify him. You must be a SUCKCHEZ addict!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Take two ex-lax and lie down! McElroy had the guts to put his name on a hot topic rather then the guys who do not care to be mentioned by name when they taljk to the media. Was anything that McElroy said : wrong? I do not care for any player to wash it out in the media but the guy made a mistake and you are ready ro crucify him. You must be a SUCKCHEZ addict!

Guts but apparently no balls. McElroy shouldn't be on the team he has no respect for. Yeah I don't need to crucify him he's already done that to himself IMO. He rides on his high horse rich boy attitude. He is Sanchez with less talent and no respect. We are the only team in the league that would even look at that cancer. F HIM

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I respect your opinion even if i disagree. I find it funny that the only 2 people to show any leadership on this team during that period are hated by the fans. Shottenheimer pulled Holmes from the game and sat his miserable butt on the bench and the Only other person to try and hold the team accountable was Mcelroy.

Nobody in the NY media was asking a 3rd string QB what he thought . He went home and because of his stature in the community he was asked a question and he answered it truthfully without naming name.

You say his teamates were right to almost get him killed (if that is what they did) because he threw them under the Bus . If what u say is even remotely true, do theyall deserve the same punishment for throwing him to the wolves. How does 2 wrongs make a right especially if those commiting the 2nd wrong should know better.
    Dreamers is just a SUCKCHEZ fan trying to justify us starting that loser. Its easy for him to dump on a guy like McElroy who had the guts to put his name on a hot topic.

If any Jets player lied down and tried to get another Jet hurt, I hope that they trade the sob or cut him or them. They want to be judge and jury and people like Dreamers think its OK.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guts but apparently no balls. McElroy shouldn't be on the team he has no respect for. Yeah I don't need to crucify him he's already done that to himself IMO. He rides on his high horse rich boy attitude. He is Sanchez with less talent and no respect. We are the only team in the league that would even look at that cancer. F HIM
    and in your infinite wisdom you think its OK for players to lie down and try to get another player hurt! If that is what happened they stink!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dreamers is just a SUCKCHEZ fan trying to justify us starting that loser. Its easy for him to dump on a guy like McElroy who had the guts to put his name on a hot topic.

If any Jets player lied down and tried to get another Jet hurt, I hope that they trade the sob or cut him or them. They want to be judge and jury and people like Dreamers think its OK.
    yeah I'm a Suckchez fan you got me. I have only been saying we wasted 2 draft pick and Coleman for 4 years to hide it. lol I'd take him over king **** pusy Elroy. Henne, Elroy, and Vick can all go have a circle jerk as far as I care.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    and in your infinite wisdom you think its OK for players to lie down and try to get another player hurt! If that is what happened they stink!
    As far as I'm concerned the minute he said what he said he wasn't part of this team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You all can argue Edward vs Jacob if you want here truth is all 3 suck and are not the influence this team needs. I'd give my left nut for a leader at QB for this team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let it go Tone

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Moore is a JAG and would cost $2 mil in cap room we desperately need.

PASS