Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Matt Moore as QB ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You all can argue Edward vs Jacob if you want here truth is all 3 suck and are not the influence this team needs. I'd give my left nut for a leader at QB for this team.
    lol Edward vs. Jacob - I guess your wife or gf drags you to that garbage too?

I wouldn't be opposed to cutting all 3 Suckchez, Teblow and McElmouth. Draft a QB somewhere on day 1 and sign a cheap vet FA.

Moore will cost he 5 mil easy. Don't know why people think he is not getting a raise from his 3.5 mil he got last year. You sign him it is to start though not as a BU. Draft a 6-7 rounder to compete with Tebow I don't care. 1.5 mil is not a lot for a BU. Your talking guys like Leftwich will make over 1 mil. Kaepernick is the same guy dude watch him play some time. lol
    No way Moore is worth even $3.5 mil let alone 5. We're going to have to do cap manuevers just to plug holes on offense and defense and resign Landry - why waste valuable cap space on a guy who really is not an upgrade over Suckchez?

Oh and anytime a team goes into their season with Moore as #1 on depth chart they tank the season. See Panthers and Phins. So I guess if you want Clowney that bad in 2014 maybe Moore is your guy.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    No way Moore is worth even $3.5 mil let alone 5. We're going to have to do cap manuevers just to plug holes on offense and defense and resign Landry - why waste valuable cap space on a guy who really is not an upgrade over Suckchez?

Oh and anytime a team goes into their season with Moore as #1 on depth chart they tank the season. See Panthers and Phins. So I guess if you want Clowney that bad in 2014 maybe Moore is your guy.
    Moore had a 87.1 QBR last year. In his last 4 years he has done pretty good. Remember he only really played 5 games in Carolina that year and was sacked like 13 times or something like that. That line gave up something like 50 sacks! We blow our top over 36. In terms of efficiency he has been right up there with Orton. He will get more then 3.5 mil.

edit and if the Finns tanked last year that was a bad effort. They played really good once Henne was benched.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 01-14-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    matt moore is a better QB than sanchez at this point so why not

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, we absolutely can find better than Tebow. Moore would be a better option than Tebow. If you SERIOUSLY think Tebow is irreplaceable, you're more delusional that I thought.

And comparing Tebow to Kaepernick is just silly. Kaepernick can do that thing that QBs do sometimes. What's it called? Throwing the ball? Ah, yes. Tim is trash and deserves the CFL, if that.

I think Dreamers was saying affordable backups- Do you think Moore is going to take a 50% cut in salary? He makes 3 mill now.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Henne was the #1 qb for the dolphins in 2011, so I would actually think about something before just repeating bull from another poster. And anyway the fins tanked the season going 6-10 the same record as the jets.

Moore is already making 2.75 mill, why would he take less to come to the jets, please don't say everybody want to play for Rex.

If I was Moores agent I wouldn't take less then what Orton got and I'd want it front end heavy. 3 years 10.5 no less with 5 mil guarantee and performance bonuses if he starts the 1st year.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Henne was the #1 qb for the dolphins in 2011, so I would actually think about something before just repeating bull from another poster. And anyway the fins tanked the season going 6-10 the same record as the jets.

Moore is already making 2.75 mill, why would he take less to come to the jets, please don't say everybody want to play for Rex.
    He was also injured 3 times in Carolina during that last season. He has never look Sanchez bad IMO.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Unless we trade Tebow we shouldn't cut him IMO. He is a viable BU in this league if people want to admit it of not. I hate the guy but he has more talent then the other crap we can get for 1.5 mi. Your talking guys like Quinn or Lienard for 1 mil. Maybe after you draft a QB and sign a guy like Carr or TJ but not before. Sanchez should be cut I don't care the cost at this point. He busted move on take the hit. I'd much rather just be done with him then Tebow. If we bring in 3 new QBs fine but if we are going to keep 1 Tebow is the only guy we have with any real value as a player.
    Dreamers with a fastball on the corner, for a called third strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

What!?

So you were impressed with the way Flynn patted Wilson on the back while on the sideline?
    LOL I spat out my coffee on the desk