Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Moore as QB ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt Moore as QB ?

Matt Moore's days in a Miami uniform may be over after completing 11 of 19 passes for 131 yards on the season. [Moore] would love to find a team where he can compete to start and has relayed to the Dolphins that he is going to test the free agent market, barring an incredible offer from Miami. The Dolphins told Moore they want to keep him but have never given him a firm offer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure. With Moore at QB, Carolina and the Dolphins were able to get Cam Newton and Tannehill the next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I'd sign up for that, while we look for a franchise QB. I think we'd do very well with him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    There will be other teams who will jump on him as well. Do you think he will chose the Chiefs, Jaguars or the Jets whose Head Coach has a tatto of the QB he is competing with?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would rather have Matt FLynn as the bridge to whoever we draft this coming April. I like what i saw from him on yesterday during the Falcons/Seahawks game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I would rather have Matt FLynn as the bridge to whoever we draft this coming April. I like what i saw from him on yesterday during the Falcons/Seahawks game.
    LOL

What!?

So you were impressed with the way Flynn patted Wilson on the back while on the sideline?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am of the belief that the Jets are going to acquire a veteran QB and draft a QB for the future in the first three rounds of the draft.

Matt Moore is a possibility as a stop gap starter. I am not against signing him but you'd love to be able to get a better player. Options on the veteran market will be limited. You have the likes of Moore, Vick, Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, Carson Palmer etc

The interesting situation to watch is Josh Freeman. The Bucs do not want to give Freeman a contract extension and reportedly Schiano is not that high on him. He'd be an interesting guy to target through trade. Obviously, Matt Flynn's name will also come up. Perhaps in a deal that reunites Sanchez with Pete Carroll.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

What!?

So you were impressed with the way Flynn patted Wilson on the back while on the sideline?
    Is that what U saw ?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that what U saw ?
    Yeah

What else was Flynn doing yesterday?

He sure as hell wasn't on the field.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

What!?

LOL!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    I am of the belief that the Jets are going to acquire a veteran QB and draft a QB for the future in the first three rounds of the draft.

Matt Moore is a possibility as a stop gap starter. I am not against signing him but you'd love to be able to get a better player. Options on the veteran market will be limited. You have the likes of Moore, Vick, Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, Carson Palmer etc

The interesting situation to watch is Josh Freeman. The Bucs do not want to give Freeman a contract extension and reportedly Schiano is not that high on him. He'd be an interesting guy to target through trade. Obviously, Matt Flynn's name will also come up. Perhaps in a deal that reunites Sanchez with Pete Carroll.
    Is that so ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah

What else was Flynn doing yesterday?

He sure as hell wasn't on the field.
    OK then, good to know..

I saw something different or atleast i interpreted what i saw differently. Is that ok?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think we bring in a FA QB that demands anything more then min, why waste the money. I know 2013 wont have the depth at QB as '12 did but look how many rookies started games, As much as Sanchez sucks just draft a QB along with maybe a vet min qb and let them compete.

Andrew Luck
    Robert Griffin III
    Ryan Tannehill
    Brandon Weeden
    Brock Osweiler
    Russell Wilson
    Nick Foles
    Kirk Cousins
    Ryan Lindley
    B.J. Coleman
    Chandler Harnish

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK then, good to know..

I saw something different or atleast i interpreted what i saw differently. Is that ok?
    Like what exactly?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    he's below avg

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bring in Moore to challenge and possibly beat out Sanchez. Somehow get some real playmakers here, a legit OC, and TRY TRY TRY to salvage Sanchez's or Moore's carreers while drafting a future QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barring an unforeseen release, he's the best FA QB on the market.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The key is - the team can not and must not overspend on a JAG! If any of these guys can come in at a respectable price tag, I'm all for it. At this point, I believe Moore is probably the best option of the JAGs available.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it was discussed elsewhere but I think we bring back the West Coast offense and Flynn would be a perfect 2 year stop gap until we draft and develop our QB of the future.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Barring an unforeseen release, he's the best FA QB on the market.
    You don't see Kolb and Smith getting released?