Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Moore as QB ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Like what exactly?
    I don't know, maybe it was what i didn't see that i was impressed with and to me, that's what is important. I saw a young man who was signed to a huge contract and expected to be the starter keeping the man who took his job encouraged when eveything was going wrong in the 1st half. I saw a young man focus on his role as the off the field eyes of his starting QB, not pouting or being stand-offish on the sidelines when his team's offense wasn't making the plays. I saw a teamate encouraging his teamate when he could just as easilly do nothing. I saw someone who i wouldn't mind being on the Jets .

But that's just me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I don't know, maybe it was what i didn't see that i was impressed with and to me, that's what is important. I saw a young man who was signed to a huge contract and expected to be the starter keeping the man who took his job encouraged when eveything was going wrong in the 1st half. I saw a young man focus on his role as the off the field eyes of his starting QB, not pouting or being stand-offish on the sidelines when his team's offense wasn't making the plays. I saw a teamate encouraging his teamate when he could just as easilly do nothing. I saw someone who i wouldn't mind being on the Jets .

But that's just me.
    Isn't this what every backup QB in the league does?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    sanchez tebow and mcelroy are all under contract i dont foresee anyone of them being traded or released unless im missing something.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sanchez tebow and mcelroy are all under contract i dont foresee anyone of them being traded or released unless im missing something.
    yes you are definitely missing something then.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, that's what every back up in the league is supposed to do. Most of em are former starters who still believe they can play . This kid was never a starter, was signed to a contract that would make him believed he should start, and while he doesn't have that vereran experience to offer, he still showed the class and more importantly the ability to encourage his struggling teamate.
    Let me ask u this.

With the way Wilson played in the 2nd half, compared to the way he played in the 1st, does Matt Flynn's effort on the sidelines warrant any respect ?

To say all he did was rub Wilson's back is what IYHO ?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    No, that's what every back up in the league is supposed to do. Most of em are former starters who still believe they can play . This kid was never a starter, was signed to a contract that would make him believed he should start, and while he doesn't have that vereran experience to offer, he still showed the class and more importantly the ability to encourage his struggling teamate.
    Let me ask u this.

With the way Wilson played in the 2nd half, compared to the way he played in the 1st, does Matt Flynn's effort on the sidelines warrant any respect ?

To say all he did was rub Wilson's back is what IYHO ?
    So you're saying that you like Flynn as a QB simply because he acted in a professional manner once it was announced that he wouldn't be the starter in Seattle?

Sorry, but I don't get that at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you're saying that you like Flynn as a QB simply because he acted in a professional manner once it was announced that he wouldn't be the starter in Seattle?

Why don't u add that to the fact that he displayed he could do the job in the limited opportunities he got along with the idea that a GM on a quality playoff team loaded with talent thought he was worth trading for and signing to the type of contract he was given.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Moore > Plain white bread.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    yes you are definitely missing something then.
    what am i missing nobody wants sanchez or tebow and both are owed alot of money which make it almost impossible to trade or cut.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    what am i missing nobody wants sanchez or tebow and both are owed alot of money which make it almost impossible to trade or cut.
    Sanchez is owed alot of $. He will be back. Just not as a starting QB. Tebow is not owed near as much, and he just plain sucks. So he is as good as gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Sanchez is owed alot of $. He will be back. Just not as a starting QB. Tebow is not owed near as much, and he just plain sucks. So he is as good as gone.
    tebow sucks? so you saw enough of him to make that determination based on how sparano used him in the offense? thats interesting you can judge a guy who barely got a chance to play here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO. Many people are reading way too much into the Jets QB situation. I hear alot of Alex Smith, Matt Flynn. I know we still don't even have a GM yet. I just can't see anyone being able to make that happen. I think all that will happen is they probably will bring in a "vanilla guy" such as Matt Moore or someone like him.

I think it will be an open QB compition between Sanchez, Moore ( or add your own journeymen guy here) and McElroy . My prediction is we will start next year with McElroy as the QB. Reason? I think it would be a PR disaster to go with Sanchez, and the fans would turn on them before the season even started. I think since they drafted Gregg, they will at least give him a ligit shot to see if he can play.

I think it will take a few more years to get out franchise QB here. Maybe just playing mistake free football and good defence, will be enough to keep us from being embarrassed on a weekly basis. Best case maybe McKlroy can play a little.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bottom Line : If there is a Stop-Gap guy I'd like to have 'till we get our Franchise QB, it's Moore.

But of course the Jets NEVER get the player we all want.....So we'll end up with the Dog-Killer instead. You KNOW it's going to happen....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather start Sanchez next year since he gives us the best chance at putting us in a position to draft Bridgewater or Johnny Football in 2014.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Bottom Line : If there is a Stop-Gap guy I'd like to have 'till we get our Franchise QB, it's Moore.

But of course the Jets NEVER get the player we all want.....So we'll end up with the Dog-Killer instead. You KNOW it's going to happen....
    We will not be able to afford Moore much less Vick. Vick will get at least 7 mill likely more Moore would cost around 5 and even that is too much on our cap. Unless we are willing to commit like 5-6 years which would be stupid on either account.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Talk to me about this money that Tebow is owed. How much money do you think we owe him? Jason has his dead money as being $1.5m if he's cut. Does that make it impossible for the Jets to cut him? And, that's assuming we owe the Broncos for the salary advance he was given. I'm not sure if that is 100% confirmed.

I'll put money on the fact that Tebow will not be on this team come 2013.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually did see what he's talking about. I probably wouldn't have brought it up, but he just looked pretty cool, and confident. Been missing that around here. I know you can't judge a QB from the surface, but he does look the part.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    best case scenario seattle does a trade with us sanchez and a draft pick for flynn.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow will be cut or traded. There are cap savings with that cut. Sanchez is pure garbage. The team will draft a QB in one of the 1st 3 rounds of the 2013 draft and likely also grab a Jag like Moore to hold the fort