Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Patriots offense a "gimmick" offense

Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    This is full of clueless. Wow.
    And now it's full of moron Pats fans.

You realize the difference between a true Pats fan who suffered for years and one now?

The old one's realize the most important player in Pats history was a Jet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNzd9Xd0who

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Point taken so why isn't Eli held in the same conversation as his brother? Just kind of shows you how convoluted these discussions can get. I think Peyton is a more skilled and better regular season QB but I'd take Eli over Peyton in a must win playoff game.
    I'd argue that I'd take him over any QB ever in crunch time.

His "special" nature make him immune to any outside forces entirely.

Eli Manning, in fact, may be the first QB in NFL history who has to have his head coach tie his cleats for him prior to a game.

A fan can be sitting there biting his nails with 40 seconds left and down by 4 and Eli is leading his team to the win while thinking about what episode of Teletubbies he wants to watch after the game. That's what I mean about Eli.

When all is said and done with him, I promise you will never see another like him again.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

You realize the difference between a true Pats fan who suffered for years and one now?

Actually, no. They realize that Brady was about to replace Bledsoe, anyway. The Mo Lewis hit just accelerated it by a few games.

And I've been watching since 1980.

The fact that you think that Polian didn't load that Indy team with talent for Manning is hilarious. Manning is just a terrible playoff QB. The one season he won the SB, it was in spite of him, he was that bad. I believe he had the worst postseason ever for a SB-winning team (3 td/7 picks). Not only has Brady always been the far superior playoff QB, but he surpassed Manning in regular-season performance a long time ago.

But arguing this with you is going to be pointless, because you're pretty stupid.

you're pretty stupid.

LOL. And you're a big weeny face. Maybe stick to the Kindergarten class to have a discussion with at your level.

LOL. And you're a big weeny face. Maybe stick to the Kindergarten class to have a discussion with at your level.
    Or you can tell me again how Manning's Indy teams weren't loaded with talent.

Or you can tell me again how Manning's Indy teams weren't loaded with talent.
    And when I point it out only to have you contradict me and call me a poop face then what?

Go to the hello kitty football boards, pal.

And when I point it out only to have you contradict me and call me a poop face then what?

Go to the hello kitty football boards, pal.
    I figured you couldn't actually back up the claim that Manning didn't have great teams.

All League

I've been civil no need to get salty. I agree that Lewis accelerated Brady's ascension but do you honestly beileve BB would've sat idly by season after season waiting for the underperforming Bledsoe to retire? So you're inferring that BB is like Rex in that he otherwise never would've made a QB switch? BB is the same guy who got crap for showing zero loyalty in the past and cuts players regardless of hype or draft/vet status. The relentless refusal to give the Pats/BB credit for anything skewers your objectivity.

I've been civil no need to get salty. I agree that Lewis accelerated Brady's ascension but do you honestly beileve BB would've sat idly by season after season waiting for the underperforming Bledsoe to retire? Your inferring that BB is like Rex in that he otherwise never would've made a QB switch? BB is the same guy who got crap for showing zero loyalty in the past and cuts players regardless of hype or draft/vet status. The relentless refusal to give the Pats/BB credit for anything skewers your objectivity.
    Wasn't referring to you. Fixit is being a tool.

I believe Belichick stuck with Testaverde in Cleveland until he cost him his job.

Bledsoe the next year, if I recall correctly, took Buffalo to the playoffs.

Honestly I can't even hypothetically guess what would have happened. But I will say that he stuck with Testaverde and Bledsoe was a VERY GOOD QB for a few years.

The ruthlessness of how Belichick runs his regime developed as he won titles, I don't know if the results would have been the same now.

Just to be clear, Bledsoe's 2002 was very strong. On par if not slightly better than Brady's.

I was just talking to my buddy in Boston about this very fact: Drew Bledsoe was really a heck of a QB. Way better than he is given credit for.

Point taken so why isn't Eli held in the same conversation as his brother? Just kind of shows you how convoluted these discussions can get. I think Peyton is a more skilled and better regular season QB but I'd take Eli over Peyton in a must win playoff game.
    yep, agree convoluted for sure.
    My own opinion is that Peyton is a more skilled and better reg. season QB than Brady, and I'd take Eli over both of them in a must win playoff game.
    So there...

You don't. I'm shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    yep, agree convoluted for sure.
    My own opinion is that Peyton is a more skilled and better reg. season QB than Brady, and I'd take Eli over both of them in a must win playoff game.
    So there...
    All playoff games are must-win, and Eli is 8-3. Brady's 17-6 (and counting). Eli also misses the playoffs as much as he makes it, and Brady has a better percentage of comeback wins overall. Eli just has two more glamorous ones, unfortunately.

I don't know where you're getting the "Peyton is better in the regular season" stuff. Brady's win % dwarfs Manning's, as does his TD/int ratio. Their cumulative numbers (when adjusted for # of seasons played) are just about equal. He's led 4 of the top 12 scoring offenses (including #1 and #3) of all-time with a revolving cast of characters and coaches. His overall QB rating is better (both indoors and outdoors when compared to Manning), and Brady has played his entire career outdoors in the Northeast, not at bare minimum 9 games a year indoors.

Good grief, what does a guy have to do?

All playoff games are must-win, and Eli is 8-3. Brady's 17-6 (and counting). Eli also misses the playoffs as much as he makes it, and Brady has a better percentage of comeback wins overall. Eli just has two more glamorous ones, unfortunately.

I don't know where you're getting the "Peyton is better in the regular season" stuff. Brady's win % dwarfs Manning's, as does his TD/int ratio. Their cumulative numbers (when adjusted for # of seasons played) are just about equal. He's led 4 of the top 12 scoring offenses (including #1 and #3) of all-time with a revolving cast of characters and coaches. His overall QB rating is better (both indoors and outdoors when compared to Manning), and Brady has played his entire career outdoors in the Northeast, not at bare minimum 9 games a year indoors.

Good grief, what does a guy have to do?
    Win a fourth Super Bowl, to equal some magic number set by Joe Cool.

PS

PMarsico's butthurt in this thread is fantastic to watch, he hates Sanchez and wishes he had a Brady so badly that it just comes through in every one of his posts, it's beyond hilarious.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 01-14-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Win a fourth Super Bowl, to magic some magic number set by Joe Cool.
    I'm okay with that. But this argument that Manning is still better than Brady in any respect is mind-boggling.

Jets Insider VIP
    Actually, no. They realize that Brady was about to replace Bledsoe, anyway. The Mo Lewis hit just accelerated it by a few games.

And I've been watching since 1980.

The fact that you think that Polian didn't load that Indy team with talent for Manning is hilarious. Manning is just a terrible playoff QB. The one season he won the SB, it was in spite of him, he was that bad. I believe he had the worst postseason ever for a SB-winning team (3 td/7 picks). Not only has Brady always been the far superior playoff QB, but he surpassed Manning in regular-season performance a long time ago.

But arguing this with you is going to be pointless, because you're pretty stupid.
    LOL

Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

When the hell have the Colts EVER won in spite of Manning?

He carried that team for almost 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

When the hell have the Colts EVER won in spite of Manning?

He carried that team for almost 15 years.
    He didn't "carry" the Colts much, because he had loads of talent around him, including several Hall of Famers and endless first-round offensive picks. But he did what he was supposed to do in the regular season, and that was win a lot of games and division titles.

But in the 2006 postseason ... check his stats. The suddenly-resurgent D carried him to a title, while he was borderline awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Win a fourth Super Bowl, to equal some magic number set by Joe Cool.

PS

PMarsico's butthurt in this thread is fantastic to watch, he hates Sanchez and wishes he had a Brady so badly that it just comes through in every one of his posts, it's beyond hilarious.
    The only butthurt is the continuing stream of Pats fans who post garbage on these boards (not Patriot Reign or even TX who actually like to talk football and not spew bias) who refuse to acknowledge that they haven't won a title since they were caught cheating.

The evidence in that Pats fans need to continually come onto a Jets fans board and remind us how great Brady is simply validation for the truth:

A) No Mo Lewis hit, no Brady.

B) No cheating, no titles.

The continual trashing of Peyton Manning as a "choke artist," is also laughable considering Brady has been Manning since his coach wasn't allowed to cheat anymore.

Defensive players talking 'mano y mano' when they play in defenses that disguise coverages, stunt, hide blitzes, etc is pretty ****ing funny.

I do expect that the Patriots hurry-up will get some sort of league rules changed but that's what Belichick does. He tries to exploit everything he can get away with but we all know that.

All League
    Wasn't referring to you. Fixit is being a tool.

I believe Belichick stuck with Testaverde in Cleveland until he cost him his job.

Honestly I can't even hypothetically guess what would have happened. But I will say that he stuck with Testaverde and Bledsoe was a VERY GOOD QB for a few years.

The ruthlessness of how Belichick runs his regime developed as he won titles, I don't know if the results would have been the same now.

Just to be clear, Bledsoe's 2002 was very strong. On par if not slightly better than Brady's.

I was just talking to my buddy in Boston about this very fact: Drew Bledsoe was really a heck of a QB. Way better than he is given credit for.
    Me and your buddy part compnay a bit. Drew had a cannon arm but was prone to making back breaking mistakes despite being a veteran. Bledsoe had most of the tools but your friend should remember how Pats fans were continually lamenting that "If only Drew had" [fill in the blank] he would be the elite QB. Brady stepped in with the exact same players and took it to another level. There was a Boston Globe writer (Michael Holley) who wrote at the time that Brady was a phenom in practice and immediately flew past two other back up QBs (bishop and Secules) on the depth chart.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Yeah, a gimmick that works. How the Pats manage to run that hurry-up, no huddle without illegal procedure penalties is astonishing. You need a Tom Brady to run it though. Lots of lightning quick decisions and need for very disciplined players. Most teams couldn't run it.
    exactly. every team would do it, if they could. you need excellent coaching and a smart capable QB to do it.