Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/14

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's totally understandable that the Jets have some large problems related to the team that would give people a pause before wanting the job.

Incumbent coach staying on no matter what is a negative especially it being Rex Ryan due to his past bravado and foibles that go along with him.

Bad cap situation. Yes, the team can cut a bunch of vets to get under the cap but they are still in poor shape with the number of players that need to be signed including picks.

Commitment to bad players. Sanchez for at least another year, Holmes for who knows how long, Harris over paid.

Now some people claim that the new GM ill have no pressure on them at all to preform for a year maybe two because of these factors. I disagree, their body of work will commence with certain things being forced on them. It is not going to be an easy job to get this team back on track, especially if there is delusion that this team only needs a tweak at QB to challenge.

If you are a strong candidate you look for the right job and then weigh the pluses and minuses.

If I was a GM candidate coming in my biggest worry would be that I would not be unfettered in moves to clean up the cap situation and rebuild.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Original tweet from Mike Cairns, taken from rotoworld:

The Browns have reportedly been in contact with impending free agent Derek Anderson about re-joining Rob Chudzinski in Cleveland.

If so, it would be a violation of the league's tampering rules because free agency hasn't begun. Anderson hinted on his Facebook page that a deal was already in the works to return to Cleveland as a backup QB. "Looks like it is time to make a return to a familiar place for some unfinished business," said Anderson. "I'd be honored to return to Cleveland to play football if the fans would have me."

So the Browns could be looking at a fine AND a Derek Anderson return. Yikes, bad day

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    You know, the mooks who think that just because they don't approve of Rex, that every quality GM candidate out there must be turned off by him as well.
    +1

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    shalise manza young‏@shalisemyoung
    Robert Kraft waited 10 minutes near the Texans' buses to shake Arian Foster's hand.

Sounds like tampering to me, Fine them Goody.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    #Dolphins announce plan for a "comprehensive modernization of Sun Life Stadium." Cost range for 22-project plan is $375-600 million

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    Per the #Dolphins, the project is for "preservation, fan enhancements & canopy. Private funding pays for majority of costs."

ESPN New York ‏@ESPNNewYork
    Cam Cameron interviews for New York Jets' OC job -- sources http://dlvr.it/2njY2G

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    You can see pics in the background. Part of Miami's SB50 push. RT @mhiggins Rolling out modernization of Sun Life pic.twitter.com/fD1XDFqr

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    shalise manza young‏@shalisemyoung
    Robert Kraft waited 10 minutes near the Texans' buses to shake Arian Foster's hand.

Sounds like tampering to me, Fine them Goody.
    At least it wasn't b.c Foster said anything about his late wife.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    ESPN New York ‏@ESPNNewYork
    Cam Cameron interviews for New York Jets' OC job -- sources http://dlvr.it/2njY2G
    considering we are picking from the scrap heap not a bad choice could work well here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    A chance to be an NFL GM, with a top flight search firm running the search, and we're expected to believe via Glazer that no one will take the job? Laughable.
    Glazer has always been respected on this board. He has never been lumped in the same category as Cimini, Mehta, Florio and the like.

But now Mike McCartney, who I doubt anyone on this board ever heard of before the last week, comes out and says that's not true, people want to jump on his train because he says something they want to hear.

So, Glazer is lying? Or McCartney's sources are better than Glazer's?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Why is it easier to believe this guy than any of the other guys tweeting differently? This guy says something we want to believe. I just want this situation resolved today. There's a college all-star practice this week that the top man on the Jets with final say in the draft should be attending.
    Bingo.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Obviously Glazer overstated. But I think his point is that one that I made. I think he is talking about the top-notch candidates.

I have no idea why Gamble wasn't hired. He was widely considered a top candidate and it certainly looked like he wanted the job. But he might have been the only one and I fear that we missed the boat. I am not sure who leaked that his interview went bad but I am suspicious that the Jets did that to try and save some face b.c I think Rex didn't want him. That is just my opinion but I think Rex wants to be the alpha dog. I know that Woody said he was hiring the GM with some input from Rex but I happen to believe Rex has considerable persuasion with Woody.
    Of course we'll never know but I agree with you even if 95% of this board doesn't.

If it turns out that Cohen or Angelo gets the job, all signs will point in that direction.

I do find it funny though that many of the same people who were jizzing in their pants at the thought of Tom Gamble being our GM are now talking as if he's persona non grata.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Maybe it is Gamble and he asked Woody to wait until the Niners were done in the playoffs.
    I hope that's the case.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    But...but...that goes against everything the geniuses around here have been saying?
    He did say "personnel guys", he could be talking to anyone, the guy/kid that picks op the headphones on the sideline after Rex throws them down, the dude with the clear sat dish picking up soundwaves, the guy dressed as a big green and white plane. Buy into nothign, nothing I say!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Glazer has always been respected on this board. He has never been lumped in the same category as Cimini, Mehta, Florio and the like.

But now Mike McCartney, who I doubt anyone on this board ever heard of before the last week, comes out and says that's not true, people want to jump on his train because he says something they want to hear.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...position-away/

This is what Glazer said: Per Jay Glazer of FOX, the team “can’t give the position away.”

Do you believe that's true: that the Jets GM job is the equivalent of a 1972 Pinto up on blocks, rusting away, with a leak in the gas line? That Woody and Glat are jetting around the country with KF at their sides, hat in hand, BEGGING ANYONE to take this job?

Maybe Glazer's track record's always been spotless. But this Glazer statement is absurd and is designed to make headlines from trolls like Manish and Florio.

I don't know, and no one else knows what's really going on, but I'm tired of these stupid statements being taken as gospel.
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 01-14-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Not so much that Glazer is lying, more likely a reflection of the folks feeding him information. Likely David Caldwell. The evidence is all there that this guy has loose lips.
    1) Makes comment that Shad sent him up to NY
    2) Makes comment about Tebow and how there is no way he is coming to JAX (interpretation: Shad, let it be known that I'm in charge here now)
    3) The million dollar perk in his Jet offer; since they never got to the contract stage, who do you think was the source for that info? Woody? Neil Glat? Jed Hughes?

IMO, Caldwell seems like a real douchebag, and his loose lips will eventually come back to bite him. Owners take notice of a story like Peter King's this morning... if you can't trust the guy your negotiating with to keep his mouth shut, how can you trust him to run your franchise? It ain't worth it. It's still a fraternity for the owners... they'll remember Caldwell's loose mouth.

Sometimes it's a good thing when negotiations don't work out. Glad it didn't with Caldwell... already have seen enough of him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...position-away/

This is what Glazer said: Per Jay Glazer of FOX, the team “can’t give the position away.”

Do you believe that's true: that the Jets GM job is the equivalent of a 1972 Pinto up on blocks, rusting away, with a leak in the gas line? That Woody and Glat are jetting around the country with KF at their sides, hat in hand, BEGGING ANYONE to take this job?

Maybe Glazer's track record's always been spotless. But this Glazer statement is absurd and is designed to make headlines from trolls like Manish and Florio.

I don't know, and no one else knows what's really going on, but I'm tired of these stupid statements being taken as gospel.
    I don't take what Glazer said so literally. I think he's referring to the people the Jets had expressed interest in and/or interviewed. And it would appear that those guys, with the exception of Angelo (old retread) and Khan (more of a finance guy), are out of the picture for one reason or another.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyjet View Post
    Not so much that Glazer is lying, more likely a reflection of the folks feeding him information. Likely David Caldwell. The evidence is all there that this guy has loose lips.
    2) Makes comment about Tebow and how there is no way he is coming to JAX (interpretation: Shad, let it be known that I'm in charge here now)
    3) The million dollar perk in his Jet offer; since they never got to the contract stage, who do you think was the source for that info? Woody? Neil Glat? Jed Hughes?

IMO, Caldwell seems like a real douchebag, and his loose lips will eventually come back to bite him. Owners take notice of a story like Peter King's this morning... if you can't trust the guy your negotiating with to keep his mouth shut, how can you trust him to run your franchise? It ain't worth it. It's still a fraternity for the owners... they'll remember Caldwell's loose mouth.

Sometimes it's a good thing when negotiations don't work out. Glad it didn't with Caldwell... already have seen enough of him.
    Good post. What was the million dollar perk?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good post. What was the million dollar perk?
    Peter King reported in MMQB this morning that the Jets were willing to offer Caldwell a $1 million housing allowance to incentivize him choosing the Jets. No way that information comes from anyone other than Caldwell or his agent. Contract never reached the league office.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyjet View Post

+1 and for the same reasons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    scott pianowski‏@scott_pianowski

Corresponding move: rotary phones all throughout HQ. MT @TheRedzoneorg Report: Jets will interview Cam Cameron for OC