Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/14

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Didn't even know Meg had work done. Pics?
    Please tell me you're joking. Meg Ryan was the first celebrity I recall being turned into a "cat woman". This was back in the late 80s/early 90s.

Before:

After:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Bruce Jenner snickers at Ryan's face work.
    LOL

Jenner looks like a burn victim.

Please tell me you're joking. Meg Ryan was the first celebrity I recall being turned into a "cat woman". This was back in the late 80s/early 90s.

Before:

After:

I was never one for following celebrities. She doesn't look that different, tbh. I think she just looks older.

Meh, I'd still hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I was never one for following celebrities. She doesn't look that different, tbh. I think she just looks older.

Meh, I'd still hit it.

Remind me never to ask you to set me up with any chicks.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Team president Neil Glat could be a factor in Jets' struggles to fill G.M. job http://wp.me/p14QSB-6TWK

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    I know, but if you just look at it without all the media slants it just doesn't make sense. At least 10 people have interviewed for a position that is a dream Job for any aspiring football executive. The pinnacle of sports management. I just don't buy that these men would line up to interview and just say thanks but no thanks.

Tom Heckert who's been fired twice I believe was not interested which tells me all I need to know about him.

This is a dream job and the Jets are looking for the best fit. They're smart to talk to as many candidates as possible before deciding.
    This is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Team president Neil Glat could be a factor in Jets' struggles to fill G.M. job http://wp.me/p14QSB-6TWK
    My turd has more credibility than Florio. What a hack!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyjet View Post
    Not so much that Glazer is lying, more likely a reflection of the folks feeding him information. Likely David Caldwell. The evidence is all there that this guy has loose lips.
    1) Makes comment that Shad sent him up to NY
    2) Makes comment about Tebow and how there is no way he is coming to JAX (interpretation: Shad, let it be known that I'm in charge here now)
    3) The million dollar perk in his Jet offer; since they never got to the contract stage, who do you think was the source for that info? Woody? Neil Glat? Jed Hughes?

IMO, Caldwell seems like a real douchebag, and his loose lips will eventually come back to bite him. Owners take notice of a story like Peter King's this morning... if you can't trust the guy your negotiating with to keep his mouth shut, how can you trust him to run your franchise? It ain't worth it. It's still a fraternity for the owners... they'll remember Caldwell's loose mouth.

Sometimes it's a good thing when negotiations don't work out. Glad it didn't with Caldwell... already have seen enough of him.
    Great post. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Pics or GTFO.

Pics or GTFO.

Hall Of Fame
    I thought Glat was strictly hired to run the business side of the team.

Is his influence starting to bleed into the personnel? Wonder if he had anything to do with Tebow?

Remind me never to ask you to set me up with any chicks.

That's a bad picture, doe. Come on, breh.

I'm pretty decent at picking out pretty girls, pinkie swear.

Such a bunch of trash. Glat is the team ****ing President! He's at the table with Woody and Jed H. for every interview. I'd say he's going to be a factor. No **** Florio!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I thought Glat was strictly hired to run the business side of the team.

Is his influence starting to bleed into the personnel? Wonder if he had anything to do with Tebow?
    why do you believe every tweet that hits the site. or do you only like the negative ones?

Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter
    Not sure if this is in the Twittersphere, but Jimmy Raye is leaving the Chargers to be VP of football operations for the Colts.

Speaking of work done gone awry, what the heck happened to Lesly Visser?

By the way, this was in Cimini's Sunday notes http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-mass-rex-odus

"Johnson, Hughes and team president Neil Glat are conducting the GM interviews. Ryan hasn’t been present, I’m told, although he’s expected to participate once it gets close to the end game. From what I hear, Johnson has appeared humble in the interviews, basically asking each candidate, “How can you help us?” At least he recognizes there’s a problem; it’s the first step to recovery."

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfaninmickeymouseland View Post
    why do you believe every tweet that hits the site. or do you only like the negative ones?
    Let me clarify. I didn't say I believed anything. I asked two questions. IF the report is true, which wouldn't surprise me if it was, then those are legitimate questions.

I found this very interesting:
    Typically, a G.M. has to deal with only one person: The owner. In New York, the G.M. will have a straight line or at a minimum a dotted line to Glat. And Glat, we’re told, has been asking esoteric football questions during the G.M. interviews.
    I remember hearing nothing but great things about Gamble before he interviewed with the Jets. He was near the top of every list. Then it was reported he had an awful interview. I wonder if Glat had anything to do with it. I think a lot of people are in Woody's ear. I know Woody cares about business and he must value Glatt's opinion.

Aside from that, I try to entertain every theory. Positive or negative. Just so happens the negative ones are making more sense to me. Not saying I think all of them of true.

By the way, this was in Cimini's Sunday notes http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-mass-rex-odus

Johnson, Hughes and team president Neil Glat are conducting the GM interviews. Ryan hasn’t been present, I’m told, although he’s expected to participate once it gets close to the end game. From what I hear, Johnson has appeared humble in the interviews, basically asking each candidate, “How can you help us?” At least he recognizes there’s a problem; it’s the first step to recovery.
    Wasn't it reported that Rex wouldn't have any say in the matter until they near the end of the process?