Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what is the best case scenario this week?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    We sign John Idzik as our GM and start a new era.
    Would love for that to occur, but no reports have surfaced to him getting a second interview.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Brady gets his ass danced on by Ray Lewis.
    In a deep dark way..I am rooting for the PATS.

The more the PATS win, the more REX is exposed.

I want Woody embarassed beyond recognition.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Go Pats!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The only bad decisions of nate in our w/l was the drafting and playing of Mark Sanchez. Substitute and average (15th rated) QB instead, and we're 4-time playoff team.

Yes, we've had busts. Ghost (the de facto universal pick that year at that spot) and the uber-reach for the lineman who sucks so bad he shall not be named. Beyond that, I'm not seeing us having made all these "bad decisions".

Whatever. The fanbase is so angry right now, it wants blood and despite the GM, O-Co, D-Co and )if God exists) the starting and #2 QB's....it won't be enough.

Optismism and hope will not exist here till we win our 10th game in 2013, should that come to pass. So arguing the "it isn't as bad as it seems, and I'm as pessimistic usually as any of you" side is a waste of breath.

If folsk think we're a joke, think Rex is a joke, think Woody is a joke, and (as so many have posted) "we'll never win until Woody sells the team", then so be it. Woody isn't selling the team any time soon, so I guess we better get used to suckign for the next 30 years or so.
    Sanchez, Holmes long term, DISASTEROUS Sparano hire, total lack of developmental depth, terrible caps situation, numerous errors by the Head coach, rebooting WR position (Burress, Mason), Some very weak starters that have not been recognized as weak before it is too late.

The Jets have regressed the last few years, have gotten older, have a huge hole at QB and have a dire cap situation. The truth hurts but the Jets could be in a much better place than they are now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The truth hurts but the Jets could be in a much better place than they are now.
    The old Fan Matra. If only they'd a' done what WE FANS think, they'd be 4-time Super Bowl Champions by now.

Agree to agree on some of your list, and agree to disagree on much of the rest.

End of the day, if Rex sucks in 2013, it's all over anyway, for him, Sanchez (if he's still here) and most of the roster. Guess we'll see.

You'll forgive me if I still root for success, despite the current obstacles.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The old Fan Matra. If only they'd a' done what WE FANS think, they'd be 4-time Super Bowl Champions by now.

Agree to agree on some of your list, and agree to disagree on much of the rest.

End of the day, if Rex sucks in 2013, it's all over anyway, for him, Sanchez (if he's still here) and most of the roster. Guess we'll see.

You'll forgive me if I still root for success, despite the current obstacles.
    Amen Brother Fish..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what the best scenario for a pats fan

GM Jerry Angelo
    HC Wrecks
    OC Cam Cameron
    QB The Sanchise

The worst for the Jets and the NFL. The murder's row in mediocrity.
    When we suck in 2013 and get a great draft pick position, we get Jerry-the worst draft picker in the NFL to pick us a QB. It will take five years to clean up the damage.
    Last edited by Stillafan; 01-14-2013 at 12:59 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillafan View Post
    GM Jerry Angelo
    HC Wrecks
    OC Cam Cameron
    QB The Sanchise

The worst for the Jets and the NFL. The murder's row in mediocrity.
    When we suck in 2013 and get a great draft pick position, we get Jerry-the worst draft picker in the NFL to pick us a QB. It will take five years to clean up the damage.
    Nightmare scenario.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Last year was as embarrassing as it gets and we were even worse this year.
    Our rivals succeeding doesn't helps us, it just embarrasses Jets fans.
    As much as Woody sux, its the real fans who are suffering embarrassment, not Woody, he doesn't seem to give a dam

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Brady gets his ass danced on by Ray Lewis.
    Can't wait

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Would love for that to occur, but no reports have surfaced to him getting a second interview.
    Just going by the thread title

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    It feels like the process has gone on forever and it seems to be winding down from everything I have read. The question now is what do we root for?

1. Hire Kahn from Pittsburgh, who is talented and smart but may lack the personnel background we want. The benefit to him aside from his cap knowledge and experience in a winning franchise, is his relationship with Bill Cowher. He could be the bridge that brings us a respected, Super Bowl winning head coach. If he is hired look to see if Mularky gets hired as OC for signs of a possible Cowher marriage in 2014.

2. Scott Cohen is promoted. It would be a PR disaster as we would be promoting a candidate who helped oversee the same front office that has this franchise in the current mess it is in. The positive from this hiring would be that it would be much easier to wipe out everyone and start new in 2014.
    3. Give the job to Angelo. There is not a lot of excitement from Jets fans with this name but he does offer GM experience and some degree of success having overseen a team that went to a Super Bowl. He has his detractors to be sure and his draft record is spotty.

4. A Suprise hire. This is the one that most here are hoping for. Considering the cesspool media that covers this team, its very possible that the candidate could be someone not mentioned above. Considering that almost all of the names mentioned would be first time GM there would be risk involved. And with the exception of Cohen, all of these men would most likely be carried over to 2014 so for better or worse, we would be married to them through the most important time in recent history.
    hoping for surprise hire....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprise hire

No surprise, we hire scrubs as players, we hire scrubs for coaches,we will hire a scrub for GM. I will be sick to my stomach. But we will probably hire Jerry Angelo. He even looks like Woody. Be prepared for lousy college draft picks.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aer Lingus View Post
    Last year was as embarrassing as it gets and we were even worse this year.
    Our rivals succeeding doesn't helps us, it just embarrasses Jets fans.
    As much as Woody sux, its the real fans who are suffering embarrassment, not Woody, he doesn't seem to give a dam
    I am guessing you have only been following this show since the late 90s

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    hoping for surprise hire....
    Mike Tannenbaum that would surprise the heck out of me.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hire Brian Gaine. Here's why:

The biggest problems this season were the erosion of talent , the concern that Rex has had too much say beyond focusing on coaching, and a startling lack of discipline/professionalism within the organization.

Mike T took the fall for all of this (Rex should probably have as well, and will probably take the fall next year). But with all the media drama consider this:
    1) The Jets scouting department is highly regarded and a tight crew (so says Charlie Casserly and has been intimated by Tony Pauline) and is evidenced by many of their players from the draft still playing around the league (see Dreesen, Marquice Cole, Jonathan Goodwin). The problem is not that their scouts have been bad, they've not had enough picks and not enough influence in the draft room.
    2) Cap-wise, Jason from nyjetscap points out that our cap management under Mr. T (outside of the Sanchez contract) was pretty good and innovative (and Ari Nissim probably understands it). The problem was that they didn't use the draft to replete cheap and good talent when they made bets on their stars. His recent Jets cap analysis is a must-read. They traded away too many picks for short-term gain and left a major gaping hole in their roster. That is first and foremost why Mr. T had to go!

In that environment, you don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. On one hand, that could mean that a guy like Scott Cohen gets the job, but the fans and media would revolt. Brian Gaine is the best alternative in that scenario. Fresh blood, personnel background and quick riser, no-nonsense. Has relationships with the scouts and with Bradway so keeps that part of the organization intact. Can continue cap management under Ari.

WIth Brian Gaine get some sense of a fresh approach, Rex has a year to prove his worth or he is gone, but the organization avoids over-reacting to the media. The solution focusing more on the draft, finding our qb, and maintaining what has been a successful approach to the cap in general. Reaching for a totally new approach and blowing it up would set us back more than folks think, unless it was a no-brainer like Eric DeCosta.