Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cannot wait for the new GM to be hired...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot wait for the new GM to be hired...

Just so we can get the inevitable pissing and moaning around here over who it is out of the way and also get passed the media hatchet job that is coming.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the GM pissing and moaning is over the pissers and moaners will find something else to piss and moan about

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need to get the obligatory "FIRE *NAME* NOW!" thread going.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You say that like every single candidate is a dream candidate that does not warrant criticism.

The problem is that some of these guys are hard to get excited about.

Nobody likes when the team gets dragged through the mud for 3 weeks. But if we come out on the other end with a good GM it will make it all worth it. If we don't it will compound the misery and ineptitude.

This next GM is going to decide the path of the franchise for the next 5-10 years. We are now completely divorced from the Parcells era. There is cause for concern.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't wait for the GM to be hired so he can then properly(and FINALLY) jettison Teblow from the NFL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I can't wait for the GM to be hired so he can then properly(and FINALLY) jettison Teblow from the NFL.
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I think it is a bad hire I'll piss and moan. If I think it is a good hire I'll sing the teams praises. The pissers and moaners have been mostly correct in their pissing and moaning targets over the past few years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Jerry Angelo gets hired, this board will be full of piss.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    And rightfully so....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Why?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Why?
    Three words...

He can't draft!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why?
    3 words.

He sucks balls.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

So let's say it's truely down to 3

Who's the board pulling for.

I think i want the guy from the Steelers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If I think it is a bad hire I'll piss and moan. If I think it is a good hire I'll sing the teams praises. The pissers and moaners have been mostly correct in their pissing and moaning targets over the past few years.
    This is essentially correct.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just so we can get the inevitable pissing and moaning around here over who it is out of the way and also get passed the media hatchet job that is coming.
    I wish this were true.
    However it will never end, it just never does.10 months from now there will always be several different camps chirping about 'Well, this would have never happened if they hired 'X' instead of 'Y', so suck it, etc

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

Out of the 3 listed definitely Kahn. My first choice is sundquist though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I understand the sentiment was aimed more that those who you paint as "pissers and moaners" rather than at the length of the process itself, I simply cannot agree. We are going to be stuck with this guy for anywhere from four to seven years even if he is bad and, if he is as bad as the last one was then he may leave behind a mess that could take several additional years to clean up.

That could add up to a decade's worth of impact on this decision.

I don't know about you but my own fandom does not have an endless supply of decades to be handing them out to the wrong guy.

One man's pisser and moaner is another man's realist and speaker of truth to power.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

Out of the three candidates rumored to be "finalists" I'd also prefer Khan. He's supposed to be mostly a cap/contracts guy but if he builds a strong scouting department, and listens to them on draft day, he could be successful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you are really overreacting. Angelo did trade for Cutler which is the teams first good QB in decades. Angelo also found forte in the second round. Some of his last couple of drafts look bad beacuse he spent a number of high draft picks on Cutler. Also had some of his dract picks get hurt and others flat out sucked. The Bears defense is one of the best in the league and some of those players were Angelo picks.

I'm not going to do backflips if we get him (or anyone else) but I am also not jupming in front of a bus.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Out of the three candidates rumored to be "finalists" I'd also prefer Khan. He's supposed to be mostly a cap/contracts guy but if he builds a strong scouting department, and listens to them on draft day, he could be successful.
    Khan is an interesting candidate because he comes from the Steelers and was well-regarded in their front office. But he is young and sort of an unknown. The fanbase would most likely embrace his hiring, mainly because of the Steelers connection.

Cohen may very well be an excellent candidate. He worked for the Redskins under Charlie Casserly, the Jags when they were a good team in the late 90s, and the Eagles during the peak of the Andy Reid era. So the resume is actually pretty good. But he worked for Tanny the last few years, and because of that the fans will be fuming if Woody hires him.

Angelo is the safe pick of the three. He built a solid team in Chicago that went to a Super Bowl, but he also had a few big misses in the draft. His ceiling is probably lower than Khan's, but his floor is probably higher. If he's hired the hope is that he's learned from his mistakes in Chicago.